PDA

View Full Version : Tires Part II

DriveitinDeep
01-17-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm just reading that because some people are complaining to Brigati and to the track that he got the tire deal, he is pulling out. Geez, why don't you give the man a freaking chance before you hang him? Personally Brigati and I have never gotten along and have had our share of disgreements. Nothing surprised me more when he offered me the use of his car without any strings after my car was wrecked. He cares what happens to the racers. He was going to save us all money and have the tires we need available to us during the week as well. No more lining up at the pit gate early on Saturday hoping to get tires!
If he reconsiders taking the tire deal, give him the opportunity to show what he can do for ALL DIVISIONS before accusing him of having an advantage.
What do you have to loose by giving him a chance?

Roger Oxee

Fkraft99
01-17-2008, 02:44 PM
i really dont understand what the problem is with dave getting the tire deal. i could see if the impound deal was going to remain in place, but its not. so whats the problem??? He's lowering the price, hes removing the possibilty of people getting special treatment to ONLY their tires but opening it up and selling tires all week long. im VERY certain your selection will be 100 times better then last year.

i mean we all know the accusations that have been thrown around since the impound deal started. thats this one or that one is gettin their tires soaked at the track and its not fair cause the rest of the divison doesnt get their tires till right before the feature. well thats out the window now, so it shouldnt matter that a fellow racer gets the deal.from what ive heard, with dave getting the deal... you want to pick your tires up monday and take them home some chance at doing something to them. go for it. im sure the track will be policing it as they have been, with the same harsh penalties.

id like to hear from the people that dont want dave to get the deal... who would u like to get it? cause the rumors ive heard the only other options are 2 other modified owners, and a modified driver... so what the hell is the difference there???

LongIslandJam
01-17-2008, 04:59 PM
As I stated in an earlier post, nothing has been signed on the line and from my understanding, nobody in the running has been ruled out.

On that subject, I don't think you'll have anyone who isn't related to racing running that tire trailer. All we can ask for is a fair, honest operator.

chris061
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
We all know that it is impossible to make everyone happy at the track, But i think he will make it better ! Like roger said give him a chance dave actually does care about racing, from what i hear he did an amazing job with the karts, so now lets hope he can do it with the cars and help make this place a race track instead of a circus.
Chris Busick

Sam Michaels
01-18-2008, 06:43 AM
From what I have read here over the years, most of you will never be happy. I don't know this Brigati person, but most of you just complain for the sake of complaining.

I was also told a big issue is like a vendor fee any vendor has to pay plus a piece of every sale. Could that be the problem? Race track owner GREED!

Turbo
01-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Well nothin is signed yet but I have heard Dave IS taking his name out of running the tires but I really hope he reconsiders because I know he will probably be the best one out there!!! He was willing to allow drivers to come during the week to get tires!! That creates more time on saturdays to get the car set-up instead of spending a few hours getting tires

:help::help:

Ka$h25
01-18-2008, 09:40 AM
I was also told a big issue is like a vendor fee any vendor has to pay plus a piece of every sale. Could that be the problem? Race track owner GREED!

Sounds like... a complaint?

Fat Albert
01-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Michaels

Sounds like... a complaint?
Sounds like Sam's getting to the root of the problem!

KickItUp
01-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Seems no one will ever be happy.. Complainers.. I want this I want that.. Someone steps up to take on a major headache of a position, with plans on giving all of those complainers thier this and that, and they still find something to complain about.. My advice to those folks, go get a different hobby..

Here you actually had someone wanting to do the right thing, and this was the thanks given to him.. Some one looking out for your own interests, someone wanting to help all of the racers, and he gets beat down.. Nice way to treat those who want to help ya's..

People wonder why racing on LI is dying a slow death, it's those racers themselves doing the killing..

This post is directed to all of those who had their issues obviously, and there had to be many for Mr. B to pull out..

hollywoodmic
01-21-2008, 10:55 AM
This has nothing to do with "owner greed" trust me there is money to be made selling these tires, and Dave wasn't doing it for free. The problem is if Dave won a race or car associated with his team won, everyone would cry foul. That's what's wrong here. People can't just let nature take it's course, and complain when you have something to complain about. Dave would have been great, he is a businessman, he didn't need another business. He just didn't need the BS. Whoever gets this deal, someone will complain, but at this rate who wants it??
As for the owners don't pick their pockets, most of you are business owners, if so you have 52 weeks to make your money. If you own it you're making more than your employees, that's why you're the boss. Would you like your employees to askyou how much you make or how you do it. These folks have 20 weeks to make their money and how they do it is none of your business.

Bottom line was the way this thing was configured everyone wins. Tires would be cheaper, tires would be available during the week, the tire distributor would make money, the promoters would make money and the competitors would SAVE money, sounds like a real bad deal to me. People just can't let things be, it's a shame.

Steve Halpin

LongIslandJam
01-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Good summary Steve.

On that note, we'll close the thread and we shall find out soon who we'll be buying tires from.