PDA

View Full Version : Carl Rackoff - Sad News...

Mike Fields
01-18-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm sorry to inform everyone that I just received a call from Betsi, who informed me that Carl passed away at about 10:10am this morning. He was a damned good friend who will be missed.

We will let you know about arraignments as soon as they're made.

Normally, I don't put links on message boards, as it's considered rude. This, I think, is a little bit different.

I've written a blog on my site that you're all invited to view. Follow the link below.

RGeeProductions
01-18-2008, 10:42 AM
My deepest condolences go to Betsi and Carl's family.
This is very sad news and Carl will be deeply missed.
Richie

Tracy87BB
01-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Betsi, you, your family and friends are in our thoughts and our prayers. If there's anything we can do for you, let us know. Carl will certainly be missed.

The Chirico Family
Tracy, Chris & Bryan

Rubbin&Racin
01-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Our deepest condolences to Betsi and the family Rest in peace Carl.
Love,
Andy & Jo-
Late Model #84

TheVinylAnswer
01-18-2008, 11:25 AM
I can't believe I am reading this.. We are very sorry to hear this, and you are in our thoughts and prayers.. Carl will certainly be dearly missed.

Paul & Mrs. Paul

The Bullfather
01-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Godspeed Carl, you were one of the best guys in the pits. I will truly miss not seeing you! Rest in peace. May God bless The Rackoff family and comfort them in this time. selah.

broz
01-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Our deepest condolences to the Rackoff family...

Sincerely,
Sean Ambrose and Family

modprincess8x
01-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Betsi, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Rest in peace Carl.

- The Brunnhoelzl Family

PitGateCowboy
01-18-2008, 12:48 PM
My deepest sympathy to you and your family. Carl was always one of the good guys. He will certainly be missed by all who knew him. Be strong and know you have a lot of support in the Rvrhd "family".
Love,
Fred

randomrodder
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
My condolences to Carl's family and friends. R.I.P.

khallock
01-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Betsi, you, your family and friends are in our thoughts and our prayers. If there's anything we can do for you, let us know. Carl will certainly be missed.

The Hallock Family

Mortgage Guy
01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
This is just horrible news. I can't believe I am seeing this. Carl was a great guy and with himself and Betsi, they made a great couple. He will be truly missed.

sround
01-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Rest in Peace Carl!
~~ Young Guns Motorsports~~

LongIslandJam
01-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Carl, you'll be missed.

Your kind heart and passion for racing has left a lasting impression on many of us in the racing community.

I'll miss the chats on "racing theory" and miss the friendship we've had. You've joined many great ones up there now. Enjoy it.

I along with all of us at the Jam wish the Rackoff family peace and comfort and if you guys need anything, we at the Jam will be here for you.

RacinRob
01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
R.I.P Carl a true "nice guy" in the racing community!

outlawfab
01-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Our deepest sympathy goes out to the Rackoff family . I had the chance to drive for CARL AND Betsi two years ago and racing was what he loved to do .How ever the night turned out good or bad he was happy to be there with Betsi and the crew and talk about how he could do it better the next time . Carl will be missed by all of us at Outlaw inc . Dave and Cindy Brigati

DriveitinDeep
01-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Rest In peace Carl. You will be missed.
Laurie & Roger Oxee

99racing
01-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Our deepest sympathy goes out to the Rackoff family and friends. he will be missed.. Besty you are in our thought and prayers.

The Carpenter's
Jason,Kim & Kailey

Ace
01-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Rest in peace Carl.
Turbush Racing

CIN
01-18-2008, 09:18 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

CIN

VNmotorsports
01-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Our condolences go out to Betsy and the rest of Carls family. He will be missed.
A.J. and Michelle
Springhill, Fl.

Gravel
01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
I'm totally at a loss for words. Carl will be remembered as one of the best guys in racing. Betsy, words cannot describe how sorry we are to hear about Carl. Please take comfort that a boatload of people are here for you at this difficult time. I'm sure, that anything you need will be taken care of. Just ask.
Alice,
Mike,
& Alex Buksa

Wheel Racing
01-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Betsi,
We are so sorry for your loss.Words just can't explain what a good guy Carl was and how generous he could be.He really loved his racing and he will be missed tremendously.God Speed

Feola Family

maestri fan 1
01-19-2008, 12:13 AM
R.I.P. Carl.....

BSG MOTORSPORTS

figure849
01-19-2008, 03:24 AM
Betsy, Carl will be greatly missed. And always will be remembered as a giant in the racing community. Artie and Kelly

W. J.
01-19-2008, 07:41 AM
We've lost a truly great guy, not just an asset to all in Long Island racing, but a great guy to know in general. May you rest in peace, Carl, as alll your friends in the racing community do what we can to help Betsi and your family to move on with thier lives and keep your great memory alive. I will miss your insight into racing, but remember forever the things I learned from you and what a great friend you always were.

spabler
01-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Although I did not know Carl personally any loss to the racing community is the loss of a friend and or family. On behalf of Chris and I rest in peace Carl.
Paul A. Beutler
#21 Mod
Spabco Racing

rydogg97
01-19-2008, 08:00 AM
i didnt know carl by na me i only knew him by face and he was a great pesence at the raceway!!!betsy sorry for your loss and our thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

TBR 42
01-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Teddy Bear Racing has lost a great Crew Chief, a great friend and a person that we consider part of the family. You will be missed by everyone. Thanks for all the great memories. "Rest in Peace Carl"

God needed a Crew Chief for his team in heaven, Carl was the man chosen to lead John Blewett III to victory.

RIP: " Carl Rackoff & John Blewett III "

wayne
01-19-2008, 08:53 AM
R. I. P ,Carl

nos2424
01-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Prayers and sorrow are expressed to Betsi and the family . We have lost another great member of out extended racing family!
The Densieski Family

slice
01-19-2008, 03:17 PM
rest in peace carl, you will be missed by all,
will always remember you saying in the shop "dollars per cubic inch "
Joe Sescila

MonaLisa5869
01-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Betsi our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Carl will be greatly missed.

BB#73

CheckerWon
01-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Betsi,
Carl was a very generous person, a long time ago I needed a clip for a car and he said : "Artie I have one all preped and ready to go ,come over and pick it up, it's yours",we had an off week and were able to be back racing the following week on schedule....Carl and Betsi always were willing to help everbody and anybody for the most part...Betsi I am so sorry to hear this news....If you need anything please give a call... I have a prior engagement therefore I will not be able to make it tommorrow,God Bless Artie P. and Family..............

h.p.
01-19-2008, 11:06 PM
r.i.p. carl a true "racers" racer,i'll never forget carl thru "victory fleet maint." sponsoring an end of year fifty lapper and not being happy with the presented "payout" he stood at the back window handing out cash for the finish on top of the payout for the race he already paid to sponser Betsi you have my deepest condolances in this difficult time Wayne Okula & family

unowho243
01-19-2008, 11:56 PM
My condolences go out to the whole Rackoff family R.I.P Mr. Rackoff

Mrs Towerman
01-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Besti our prayers are with you and your family. Carl was a great man and will be missed by many.
Linda, Jessica, Erin, and Kerri

Icstupidpeople
01-20-2008, 11:29 AM
We are lost for words, we know Carls forever, what a tremendous loss to the race community, Carl was good people. Betsi and family, we are so very sorry, we had just seen him a few weeks ago and he said everything was gonna be fine. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and our door is open if you need anything.

John & Nicole Fortin &Family
& The Entire 84 mod team

Scotty Wolf
01-20-2008, 12:39 PM
This is sad news, Carl, you will be missed, I will remember you as a great race official, great car owner and most of all, a great person, god bless and may you rest in peace.

Zemco117e
01-20-2008, 03:09 PM
God Speed Carl.... Watch over Erin this season and seasons to come. She will have that mouse in her pocket and she will be hard at work this season. Remember she will always be a rookie! lol There is so much more that I needed to learn from you.. Were goin to goin to give it our all to get that 42 truck a championship. Rest in peace buddy. :*-(

MiKe
42 SPT Crew Cheif

Turbo
01-20-2008, 04:00 PM
My condolences to Carls family and close friends.

~Rest In Peace~

-Roger Turbush and family

McCormick
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
condolences to Betsi and family carl gave me a chance to drive his truck one race. it was a great time and he allways had something nice to say and was very positive. a great person

VNYLGRFX
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm in total shock,..... This was a man that was very passionate about what ever he did, You will be missed my freind by many... especially our family.. Godspeed, And my condolences go out to the entire Rackoff Family.

Dale, Leanne &
Zachary
Arnold

Lad3der
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
my condolences go out to betsi and the entire rackoff family. carl was a true nice guy from the time i first meet him he was always ready to lend a helping hand. he will truly be missed. so rest in peace carl

bulldozer
01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
We lost a great man and i know he will be watching down on all of us at riverhead raceway.Condolences to the rackoff family.