PDA

View Full Version : Motorsports 2008 Wrap Up!

CJfilms
01-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Thank you all for being so patient...now for the Motorsports Wrap Up!!

First off...I would like to give my thanks to Uncle Petey for pushing me to attend the 1st Annual Promoter's Summit. I had the chance to meet a bunch of great people, learn a lot of useful info and get our image out there amongst other promoter's!

Now, let's start off from ground zero...

1.) Wall... I know everyone is anxious to hear some news about Wall's future, so I will tell you everything I know and can tell you now! Jim is waiting to get word himself that the speedway will have it's doors open for 2008 STILL!!! BUT, the owners did have him set up the booth at the show anyway...with a tentative schedule! That's a BIG step in the right direction! The schedule had NO info regarding Sunday events though...so we are not the only people waiting for the news...Legends, TQs....we are not alone! As soon as Jim finds out, we will know and I will post it up here.

2.) NEETS @ Motorsports... Thank you all who came out, whether I saw you or not! Thanks to Uncle Petey and Howie & Cindy Bott, Josh Oswald, Matt & Stephanie Odwazny, Kevin & April Makarewicz, Jason & Marissa Makarewicz, Joe Jentile, Phil Lomonaco, John Cozza, Vern McLaughlin, Lisa Rivella, Larry & Tracy Carmen, TJ Kapish, Mark Spencer, Woot Lawrence, and Wayne Eckert for coming out and supporting NEETS!!!! If I didn't mention you here, I either forgot I saw you or I plain old didn't see you!

3.) Erin and I... Attending our first ever Promoter's Summit was a HUGE opportunity for us! We got to meet promoters from all over! I believe we may have turned a few heads...I do believe we were the youngest promoters there! It was an honor to listen to speeches given by some of the most recognized people in racing...Jim Hunter from Nascar, Ernie Saxton, Guy Smith, Earl Krause and many more! I am very glad Uncle Petey both gave me the idea to attend AND pushed me to do it! It was the chance of a lifetime to gather thoughts from short track owners around the eastern half of the US and hear how different people think regarding some of the smallest and largest details of running a successfule race track/series.

4.) The Media... I was glad to run into so many people I knew who have been so involved in the racing industry! Our good old friend Gary Silverman was there with a nice sized set up advertising his videos...by the way Gary, did I ever get the chance to really thank you for the help you gave us this past season? As you all are aware, there were a few times there that we would not have a finish if it were not for Gary...I can't let that go by unnoticed...Thank you Gary! Big Jim and Mike were there, it was great seeing you two...it's been a while, but they are still keeping an eye on NEETS!! I even ran into "Jalopy Jack" at one point! As always I got the chance to talk with Earl Krause who is excited to hear that NEETS has a bright future lined up at Wall Stadium! By the way Earl, thanks, you always stop to take a moment to talk to me, no matter how much of a rush you are in! Ernie Saxton, I know you are not to fond of enduro racing, but he was very pleased to see both Erin and I attending the Promoter's Summit and taking it serious...not just grabbing free tickets! I also got the chance to meet an old friend whom I never met before... I have been submitting photos to AARN for almost 5 years now, and I have finally had the chance to put a face to her name, Carol Ann Kingston! I was so very happy to have had the pleasure of meeting the person who always makes sure our NEETS photos get into the paper! Thank you all for making this year's Motorsports show a HUGE success!!!!!!!!

5.) As for the Future of NEETS... I am busy as ever getting things straightened out for this season and like I said above, as soon as I know more info, I will post it up here for everyone to see! I cannot tell you anymore for that is where we are right now! I will be attending a NJ State Commission hearing this Wednesday regarding Race Tracks....Our fate will be decided then!!! Mwuahahaha!!!!!