PDA

View Full Version : Racer needs your help, reposted from SJDR Board

Tooner
01-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Racers neighbors house burnt down. Right now they are looking for any clothes donations if you can help, last report a local motel is putting them up for free for the week. We all know similar stories, maybe our own, so if you can help out, please try to.n All they have left is what they were wearing.

Thanks,

Mike

Post below:

Hey Everyone.. This is Steven Downs of Downs Racing and driver of the #39w Bill Woods Motorsports Big Block Dirt Modified. My good friend and neighbor, James, has had a tragic incident tonight. James house caught fire approximately 1 hour ago. The house and its contents appear to be a 100% total loss. The sad thing is that they have their children and grandchildren that reside with them. Im calling on our racing community for help. Any clothes or any toys for the kids would surely be a great help. As I have already stated, there is a total loss and they have nothing. Please send what you can to:
Steven Downs
22656 Danfield Dr.
Harbeson, De 19951
Next Day Shipping would be great if you can. This family has nothing but their PJ's... Members of the Family Anya - female 3years old size 3t Zaharah- female 1 week old size newborn, 0-3-3-6 Tyrell- male 1 year old size 2t Jessica- female 19 years old size sm shirt 5jr pants Janika- female 20 years old size med shirt 5jr pants Jean- female 40 years old size 2x- 3x James- male 44 years old size 36-38 and xl shirt

Edited to correct mailing address

RGeeProductions
01-22-2008, 01:12 AM
This is so sad.
Thank you for the info Mike and hope we can get some help to them in some way.

CynthiaTork
01-22-2008, 09:47 AM
That's terrible news. I'm in process of cleaning out clothes that are all in absolute mint condition, I'll get a package together ASAP.

Tooner
01-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks everyone.

Steven posted his address wrong, here is the correction:

Steven Downs 22656 Danfield Dr. Harbeson, De 19951

Kevin Eyres from Wall is donating a van to bring things down there, and they are going to meet at Wall sometime soon and I will let you know if that is convenient for anyone in the Jersey area.

Tooner
01-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Kevin will be leaving Wall around 6PM, and stopping in South Jersey for anyone that would like to help.

From Kevin:
we will be stopping at Exit 2 off the Turnpike. There is a gas station right there on 322 in Logan Twp.. Contact me 732-580-3624 or Ralph Richards Jr. 609-221-7188. All donations are great including food and CASH.

also from Steven Downs:

Hey everyone,,, Thank you all again!!!! My contact number is 302-381- 4545.... or 302-382-0177. For monetary donations, make them to James Johnson.

Tooner
01-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Kevin Eyres drove down to Delaware tonight and dropped off a bunch of clothes and supplies. Thanks to all who helped and intend to help in the future.

Amazing what you can do in 24 hours if you try!

Thanks again!

Mike