PDA

View Full Version : rFactor- Sim racing

Ka$h25
01-22-2008, 02:31 AM
So after running into Tommy Rogers last night on rFactor, I figured I'd ask who else races? and leave your ID or something.

Richie25
01-22-2008, 10:48 PM
iv been racing it lately. been playing dirtfactor and legend cars i go by DR_R_Davidowitz

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O52EMRnERX0

Ka$h25
01-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Nice, I'm gonna have to check out that legends mod. I mostly do the car of tomorrow mod, just recently starting running the Dirtfactor latemodels because you can usually find a quality multiplayer race somewhere. I wish someone would make a Modified mod like the one for NR2003. Ah well maybe I'll see ya around

Richie25
01-23-2008, 10:11 AM
modifieds are in the makng, actually i think the same modle too

Ka$h25
01-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Can't find those Legends anywhere, do you have a link?

Richie25
01-24-2008, 11:42 AM
there just a beta right know, leave me an email i can send ya all you need

btgoss
01-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I love RFactor, but iRacing.com has just announced pricing and a 2008 (when not sure) roll out of their "online racing" community.
$13.00 a month. Additional cars and tracks will be extra. (not sure how that works...)
But this one is THE sim. SK Modifieds, Late Models and real tracks created from on-site data. (Remember this is the sim from the guy who did Nascar Racing Season 2003 and John Henry.)
When this becomes more of a reality maybe we can get a Jam group going.

Ka$h25
01-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Is he finally doing any physics R&D though? The thing i liked about rFactor was its versatility, the modifieds are gonna be alot more accurate coming from a game that comes stock with open wheel cars. I know iRacing felt strongly that the NR2003 physics were just fine.

btgoss
01-26-2008, 01:49 PM
My understanding was that the physics have been a big part of this new sim. It is based on the work he did with NR2K3, but with that sim still being the standard by which all other racing sims are judged, I don't see that as a problem.

I think the problem with NR2K3 and physics was from that two week span when it was not really "owned" by a company. Many tools had been released, and it almost looked like the sim was going to be close to open source (like Falcon 4), but then David Kraemmer and John Henry bought the code. That was when they shut down the user created mods to the physics. They don't want people competing with their own code. I can't really say I blame them.

Either way I think this is going to be a great sim, and a great concept. A real online racing community. Not one controlled by any particular league or group, so it should ( in theory at least) be a more open place to race.

Here is the link to the SK Modifieds. http://iracing.com/cars_skmod.htm
I think you get the Legends cars, and Pontiac Soltices when you first sign up, and you can buy additions from there. I have heard only a few tracks at first. With one track being an oval with 2 road course configurations. That makes me think either Stafford or Irwindale. And the I would be Limerock for the road course. But we will have to wait and see.

There is also an ARCA sim that is very close to being released, and I have heard that Dale Jr. is speaking very highly of that sim. So we may be all going ARCA racing pretty soon. (That game is based on the same code as rFactor, so that should be good.)

I hope we get a good sim to play. I would love to get some racing going on the jam again.