PDA

View Full Version : Donny Lia's truck ride

Ace
01-23-2008, 05:38 PM
It was announced today that Ted Musgrave will be the driver of the #59 truck this season. Donny was supposed to drive that truck this season. I knew something had to up when Ted tested the #59 at Daytona and recently at Atlanta.

ROBBIE8
01-23-2008, 07:32 PM
I Heard On Nascar Sirius Radio That Ted Musgrave Will Be Driving A #49 Truck For Ht Racing!!!

RGeeProductions
01-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Posted Today:

Team ASE (Automotive Service Excellence), the longest running team sponsor in Craftsman Truck Series history and veteran NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Champion driver Ted Musgrave will join forces once again in 2008. Musgrave will pilot the No. 59 Team ASE Toyota Tundra fielded by HT Motorsports and led by champion crew chief Danny Rollins. Rollins led the late Bobby Hamilton to a Truck Series Championship in 2004. Musgrave won the NCTS title in 2005 with former series' team Ultra Motorsports. Last season, Musgrave finished seventh in the driver standings behind the wheel of the No. 9 Team ASE Toyota. Musgrave scored one win, seven Top-5 and 15 Top-10 finishes in 2007.

Musgrave made his NASCAR debut in the former NASCAR Busch Series (now Nationwide) in 1989. Musgrave scored a pair of Top-10 finishes and one Top-5 in 22 starts. In 1990, Musgrave made his Cup series debut, collecting 55 Top-10 finishes, 20 Top-5 finishes in 305 starts spanning 14 years in NASCAR's elite division. Musgrave's nine-year, ongoing career in the Craftsman Truck Series began in 1995 where he has posted 113 Top-10 finishes, 80 Top-5 finishes and 17 wins along with the 2005 Championship title.

Musgrave got familiar with his No. 59 HT Motorsports Toyota crew at Daytona Preseason Thunder test sessions held last weekend at Daytona International Speedway on Jan. 11 - 13. Musgrave posted the sixth fastest time in the final session on Sunday.

"The guys on this HT Motorsports team really did a great job this weekend," said Musgrave. "My truck was great. It drove well and balanced well. I appreciate all of their hard work and really look forward to a very successful season."

2008 marks the fifth year for HT Motorsports in NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series competition. HT Motorsports boasts an impressive driver roster that has included three-time Cup Series champion Darrell Waltrip, three-time Nationwide series champion Randy LaJoie, Stacy Compton and most recently Terry Cook.

HT Motorsports is owned by Jim Harris, who has been involved in motorsports for many years. Harris, a Virginia resident, is CEO of Harris Trucking Co. and operates the team in Martinsville, Virginia.

"I really look forward to the addition of Team ASE and Ted to our program," stated Harris. "We truly appreciate the confidence they have shown in this organization so far and I think we have a bright future. Adding someone with the talent and experience like Ted is not only exciting for me but everyone associated with the team. We all look for a very successful 2008 season."

Steve Keller / TruckSeries.com

rydogg97
01-24-2008, 09:20 AM
so where does that leave donny lia?:confused:

RGeeProductions
01-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Maybe back in the #4 on the tour?!?!?!
Speculation only on my part....

hollywoodmic
01-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Unfortunatley they couldn't put the right deal together with the 59 Team. Donny is activley speaking to other teams and will not just get in any truck. It needs to be something he is comfortable with, you will see him in the Craftsman Truck Series in 2008. As for the Mystic Missle, haven't heard anything about that yet.

The Bullfather
01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
I thought the "Missle" was officially retired. If Donny goes back in a modified and defends his title, I think he might be back in his own ride.

Ka$h25
01-24-2008, 11:15 PM
I read that he was told he had to bring 3million in for the ride? When his sponsorship fell through and Musgrave came along, Lia was done. Is that what it comes down to these days? who's the best marketer? lol

catfish
01-25-2008, 09:19 AM
No in this day it comes down to who brings the most "CHEDDAR"

hollywoodmic
01-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Kash money was never the issue. They just couldn't come to an agreement on a contract, and they parted ways. Donny will land on his feet. As for modifieds, he told me yesterday he is concentrating on getting a truck ride only, at this time.

Ka$h25
01-25-2008, 02:58 PM
So I'm confused on what I've seen and heard. The sponsor fell through, and that wasn't the issue?

hollywoodmic
01-25-2008, 03:37 PM
You are confused, the Simply Fit deal did fall apart, yet the sponsor had nothing to do with the ride. Almost every truck deal will cost the driver money, but as I said the money was not the issue. Perhaps there is another sponsor in the mix. Although the sponsorship of Simply Fit didn't work out it had no bearing on him being in the truck at all.

TMAC
01-28-2008, 12:14 PM
I go by his race shop about every day.I havent seen the truck or hauler lately,does any one know if it was sold?hope not....