PDA

View Full Version : Are We Ready for another meeting?

voodoocadoo
01-23-2008, 07:21 PM
hey guys with the holidays over and the season around the corner would you guys like to get together again?

Coyote Racing
01-23-2008, 07:46 PM
what you can do is set a date 4 after the track metting and let everyone at the metting know about it, so more teams are represented. I didnt know about the mettings until after they were over and im sure the same applies to other teams.

voodoocadoo
01-24-2008, 02:03 PM
When is the track meeting ? as long as it works out for every one

Tracy87BB
01-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Track meeting is this Sunday at the Polish Hall in Riverhead (http://www.longislandjam.com/news/2008/newsmain/news010408b.htm). The Blunderbust and Legends divisions will meet together beginning at 9:30.

Sam Michaels
01-26-2008, 10:52 AM
From what I was told the meetings for this division did not pan out, cause no could agree. No rumer, fact from a VERY reliable source. I was told that a team owner was accused of doing this for financial gain, which I cannot believe.
Too many egos I guess.
The big fish in this little pond seemed nervous.

RGeeProductions
01-26-2008, 01:07 PM
what you can do is set a date 4 after the track meeting and let everyone at the metting know about it, so more teams are represented. I didnt know about the meetings until after they were over and I'm sure the same applies to other teams.
Then you should stop by here more often!!!! :)

LongIslandJam
01-26-2008, 01:39 PM
He's been trying LOL... Doug's back in the digital age... So watch out:p

But it's a good point. The meetings would be a perfect time for the drivers of the Blunderbust division to come together and discuss the division.

KickItUp
01-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Sam I heard that same thing, from a driver who attended.. Maybe there isn't a lot 'wrong' with the division, thus the lack of attending teams.. In any case, the track meeting will be the one that matters most..

I know a lot of folk not online still, some due to being not up to date, some due to funds, I wonder often about things that are only internet spread, for those not in the know..

Sam Michaels
01-26-2008, 09:54 PM
I am not even a part of the Blunderbust, just a concerned fan. With the horrible payoff I thought maybe it would be a good idea. But then a small few get negative and they bad mouth the person trying to help them. Some are sacred of the track taking it out on them for getting involved. I saw that happen in other things at the track. It is a shame. A few bucks in every driver's pocket would have been nice. Oh well what can I say. Good luck to all.

voodoocadoo
01-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Well I for one dont know about the pay off but I dont think most guys are there for the payoff ,although if they paid maybe a % of money brought in at the gate by division( Blunderbust guys bring 4 guys each) get a % of what was brought through the gate and an extra 20 or so would probably go back to the track anyway.I for one put the big pay out twards tires anyway,next is the guys want more laps, plain and simple,more laps more tire wear more tires bought, agian more money for the track,it is a great idea that the drivers get together ,as for the big fish in the pond,he's ok there's just more fish coming in too play LOL :cheers:

Russ

Do You Voo Doo

KickItUp
01-27-2008, 01:20 PM
You're a youngin' I can tell.. The Cromarty's will never ever give you a percentage of the back gate, even if you bring in 40 guys.. Thats their earned money from running their business anyway.. You guys are hobbyists really, and your prize money is just that.. Very few hobbies actually even pay you back at all, even though you spend money to have it or what not.

In any case, a lot of BB drivers especially, do not bring in 4 guys each.. Some guys run solo.. The BB division is there for the guys who want to race, but don't have funds like other divisions do.. Its supposed to be the ecomony class.. The more tires you HAVE to buy to be competive, starts to degrade the class.. This has happened a lot in other areas of this division.. It's starting to not be what it was intended.. Just because you spend more money to race or buy tires, doesn't mean the track will pay you more to do so.. They won't.. And they don't have too..

As for these fish.. I have a good idea who you are referring to, and my personal opinion is, someone who actually races and knows the division is better for it than someone who is looking to, well.. I won't go there.. Just someone who isn't a fan of the division isn't looking to help you guys out, thats all I am trying to get across..

rydogg97
01-27-2008, 05:25 PM
i know for a fact that if you race here for the money you are sadly mistaken.i tried for a couple yrs and believe me it doesnt come close!!!!i did it for a hobby and i think that most racers do it for just that reason!lets not forget the cromartys are running a biz and they determine what the purses are and what thier take of the monies is!!!!!!so keep it real it is a hobby!!sponsers sponsers sponsers!!!they are a great help and the best way to keep competetive!!!:)

voodoocadoo
01-27-2008, 05:47 PM
We all know ya need sponcors or a bunch of cash and we all know the cromartys are running a biz and I am not knocking anyone for running a biz they need to make there money,it just was an out loud thought,if you can make both side happy not cost the owners ANYTHING and the drivers are happy then every one wins.As for the track maybe a note from other small tracks around the country that are run by promoters who fill the stands fix what need to be adressed make the drivers happy and the owners as well,it seems to work not have an owner thinking they are digging into there pockets every time some one wants something done
Thats all not complaining justa athought we had a great time at RR last year and plan to return with 2 cars this year

fisherman
01-27-2008, 05:54 PM
hey the promoters put 35000. into your point fund how much more do you want

RacinRob
01-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Now I know I can't speak for all drivers. However I speak for myself and few other drivers that might agree. Yes we get paid POORLY, we need to understand that probably will never change...as much as myself and others would love that! What im trying to get at is that if there was NO pay out, I would still race because I dont race to make money....I race to enjoy myself, have that 30 minute adrenaline high, and be with friends and family. And Im pretty darn sure that if there was no pay out you would still see guys still racing. If your racing for the money go look elsewhere not at ANY short track in the Northeast.

In conclusion...yes we are underpaid but in reality, we race for reasons other than money. So if we all wan't to have a meeting that can talk about us being a more close knit group and bettering our division, starting a club where we can help each other and have a get together anually than im totally in. But if we have a meeting trying to get more money from the track count me out. You cant get blood from a stone. Lets all just be realistic and come to reality.

CheckerWon
01-27-2008, 06:23 PM
The only thing that came out of the meeting that was interesting was asking for 5 more laps to run BUT, keep the same time limit..... that MIGHT????? be possible.......Artie P.

Wheel Racing
01-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Now I know I can't speak for all drivers. However I speak for myself and few other drivers that might agree. Yes we get paid POORLY, we need to understand that probably will never change...as much as myself and others would love that! What im trying to get at is that if there was NO pay out, I would still race because I dont race to make money....I race to enjoy myself, have that 30 minute adrenaline high, and be with friends and family. And Im pretty darn sure that if there was no pay out you would still see guys still racing. If your racing for the money go look elsewhere not at ANY short track in the Northeast.

In conclusion...yes we are underpaid but in reality, we race for reasons other than money. So if we all wan't to have a meeting that can talk about us being a more close knit group and bettering our division, starting a club where we can help each other and have a get together anually than im totally in. But if we have a meeting trying to get more money from the track count me out. You cant get blood from a stone. Lets all just be realistic and come to reality.

Who was trying to get a bigger purse?? This is the first time I heard that(probably because I didn't attend the meetings). I agree Rob,definitely barking up the wrong tree.Well Put

voodoocadoo
01-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Yea, what rob said well put Rob so with all the rants over when would you guys like to get together?

Sam Michaels
01-28-2008, 05:47 AM
The track is gonna do what the track is gonna do regardless of what you want. The officials hands are tied. You can ask all you want. But the payoff should at least cover the pit pass of the driver. And the tires should be in the $70 range.

LongIslandJam
01-28-2008, 06:59 AM
There's not many tracks out there that pay their drivers like they should. Main reason is most would be out of business. When you have a series like the Whelen Modified Tour having a hard time finding tracks to pay out a purse that's well-deserved, that should be a indicator.

And find me a track that charges $70 a tire... In fact find me a place that charges that for a decent street tire.

voodoocadoo
01-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Wow did this get off pace, what are all you whining about, your out racing its not cheap(Try Boating) .This ia suppose to be fun in this division and get ya feet wet tis was not intended to be a ***** fest about tires or the owners,what we wanted as a group was more laps in the same amount of time plain and simple if ya gonna complain about crap that need to be spent on racing then stay home and watch tv ,and if ya wernt at the meeting try coming insted of hearsay

RacinRob
01-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Like I said if the purpose of the meeting is for reasons other than money i'll be there in a heartbeat!

Coyote Racing
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Just a thought, lower the field to 20 cars. Make it so you really have to "race" your way in again, like it used to be. The 5 cars not running in the feature would create $100 (to use a #) give the extra $100 to the winner, or spread it out among the top 5. Having only 20 cars would make the race cleaner and faster. You would get the same result as making the race 5 or 10 laps longer. Like i said, "just a thought".

nobandwagonhere
01-28-2008, 08:17 PM
I remember those days. The heats were better than the feature. If you made the show you did something.
Hey "voodoo", what did you race like 3, 4 races last year? You say your in it for "Fun", so why not leave the politics alone?...JMO.

voodoocadoo
01-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Was never in it for the pollitics,yes three times last year and was just thinking out loud thats all,I have had the opportunity to race in other divisions and other tracks and there is room for improvement everywere you go ,its how it gets done and if everyone in the end is happy thats all,I had a great time last year and bought another car this year so there will be the VooDoo CaDoo and the VooDooTwo running this year.The guys in this division have been great and we had a lot of help form a lot of people in other divisions come by and help us out and I cant thank them all enough

Russ

Do You VooDoo Two

chris061
01-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I think that the 20 car field is a bad idea.For theextra 100 dollars i'd rather see 5 new people get a chance to race and learn.i think the division as a whole is the best division there. we need the least changes out there.jmo
hey russ how are you making out with the car and which new car did you buy ?
chris busick

Sam Michaels
01-29-2008, 06:47 AM
While I was at another track I talked to Mr Summers. I asked about different tires. I told him I own a car at Riverhead. The problem with tires at Riverhead is too many people got a piece of the tire, $5 to this one, $10 to that one. Disposal fees charges and never paid to a disposal company.And from what I have been told there is a vendor fee paid to the track. Now about the meetins Mr Voodoo, a waste of time. No one will agree. Mt Racin, keep saying you don't race for the money. Because some day you just might race for bragging rights, no payoff and no trophy.

RacinRob
01-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I find it hilarious that a couple of days ago "sam michaels" you claimed to have no involvment in the blunderbust division. Now you own a car and spoke to Mr Summers? What is your objective and who do you think you are fooling? Your just someone with a bogus log in name trying to stir the pot up and get people worked up. People with genuine interest in the well being in this division please continue to post. Sam Michaels keep your two cents to yourself. People need to look at the bug picture of this division with out the dollar signs corrupting there picture....im done with this topic if you want to have another meeting you know how to contact me.

Sam Michaels
01-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I only said that I own a car so I could get information.

rydogg97
01-29-2008, 04:45 PM
well said rob!!after reading all of his posts they just didnt make sense!!if info was what you wanted why didnt you justASK!!!or pay attention!!!:mad:

Coyote Racing
01-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Chris, I understand what you mean and nobody wants to sit new guys but what I've noticed the past few seasons is that new drivers 1/2 way through the season are upfront before there ready and get fustrated with getting knocked around ect. We have lost a few new drivers because of this. In the old days by the time you could qualify 4 weeks in a row and get moved upfront, you had alot more seat time and time to work out kinks in your car. I think it was a "better" experience for the new racers. It was for me. Just a thought.

Gravel
01-29-2008, 10:14 PM
What about starting 20 cars and having a non-qualifiers race. Say 15 laps. Give out a trophey. Cost $5.00. The other guys get to race again. New guys that didn't make it get more seat time. JMHO

chris061
01-30-2008, 09:16 AM
i agree with what you are saying doug. also this year they will have a stop watch on alot of the drivers and if they are not "up to speed" as quoted by the officals they will not let them start up front. and gravel, the division has been trying to get more laps and alot of people want the races to start later, like 6pm like they used to, but they say that there isnt enough time. so as far as a non qualifiers race, it would be a great idea but id doubt if they would ever approve of it !
chris

rydogg97
01-30-2008, 10:04 AM
a non qualifiers race would be great.new drivers are there to learn and get better right?so what better way to help them is to give them seat time!so instead of holding up faster cars they can do thier own thing.as far as extra laps go its been long coming!the bb drivers deserve extra laps.i say try it they will never know until they try things on a week to week basis.if it doesnt work forget it and if it does pat yourself on the back.

W. J.
01-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, I doubt also that there will be anything called a non-qualifiers race. But, a new driver, slated to start at the back in their heat, would also run the consi if they don't qualify in the heat, meaning more seat time and more laps to gain experience and learn the car's characteristics. Add to that the pre-race warm-up/practice time, and I think there's plenty of seat time to be gained by rookies and veterans alike, if they take full advantage of what's offered.

CIN
01-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Also, as was stated at the meetings, anyone interested in getting in more practice can come out to the track on Sunday Enduros. Just call the office by Thursday to let them know.

art11758
01-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Actually the idea was to start a club. The purpose of the club was to have been to help build the division and perhaps, in time supplement the payout to club members on certain nights. To assist a club member in need of assistance (like a tire) and in general to be a social organization. That was what I heard at the meetings. The idea of asking for extra laps came from the floor as a "long term" goal once the club was up and running. (feel free to correct me here) The mistrust of some is fully understandable, and the fear of some sort of retribution for forming said club is too. The truth is, it has been done already and it works well in another division. Fund raising is easy (really) and it becomes another form of communication among competitors. Membership is not a requirement. And the benefit is easily seen. A few have said they would like to explore this further. And IIRC, that's where we left off in December.

Art Bichsel

voodoocadoo
01-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Well put,so with that said would you guys like to get together in the middle of feb some time?

Russ

KickItUp
02-01-2008, 08:23 PM
I am a tad late on this, but wasn't around all week long to check the thread.. More laps will not happen in this division unless the next step up, the Chargers, get more laps as well.. Charger drivers would not be happy with the cheaper calss running more than they do, spending more money..

Tower Man
02-02-2008, 06:21 AM
Well put Art.

rydogg97
02-02-2008, 12:49 PM
okay good point!what if on a trial basis say the first 2 to 3 weeks say they give chargers and bb 5 more laps a piece and see how it goes!!i realize some weeks laps are run clean and others are disasters BUT they will never know until they give it a shot!!

W. J.
02-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Good idea rydogg, but let's remember, most on NOT on their game the first few weeks, and it could backfire. J/M/O, as I've seen more stuff torn up in those 3 weeks than for most of the rest of the season, with very few exceptions.
BTW, I do agree it would be better racing with more laps; extra distance events in the past have proven it.

chris061
02-02-2008, 03:36 PM
The reason that they would give the bb division more laps is beacuse the division can go caution free more often than any other division. and as stated at the meeting,they will give more laps throughout the season as a trial thing but they won't tell you until that night.I wish one day our regular race was 30 laps and the double pointers were 50 laps, with the same time limits we have now, but we can all dream can't we :cool: