PDA

View Full Version : Freeport, L.I. Track - Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover.

capitalcity300
01-26-2008, 12:53 AM
# 1.photo - Freeport, L.I. Track - Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover. :cheers: :cool:

# 2.photo - small photo of (3) Midget race cars (#77, #?, and #?). :confused: :help:

# 3.photo - larger photo of (3) Midget race cars (#77, #?, and #?). :confused: :help:

# 4.photo - photo of list drivers bios in program. :cool:

#1. Does anyone know about the WPIX - Channel 11 television Live Auto Racing coverage at " 9:00 P.M. Every Friday Night " ?? :confused: :help:

#2. Does anyone know the year of this Freeport, L.I. Track - Midget Auto Races Television Score Card Program Cover ?? :confused: :help:

Dwight Clock
01-26-2008, 06:23 AM
My best guess, and it is just a guess, is that the program cover is from 1949. I say that because Mike Nazaruk was an AAA regular beginning in 1950 and would have been an unlikely participant in the Friday night shows at Freeport. Nazaruk finished 4th in 1950 AAA Eastern sprint car standings. He won races that year at Williams Grove, Harrington, Bedford, and Rutland. There would have been severe sanctions from the AAA had he ran the Freeport races. Also, TV was in it's infancy and programming of that sort didn't appear until about 1949. I might be wrong but the combination of these two facts narrows it down considerably, IMO.

randomrodder
01-26-2008, 08:38 PM
No on both points but a very interesting post. Thank you.

capitalcity300
01-29-2008, 01:40 AM
No on both points but a very interesting post. Thank you.

Got the answers to Questions #1. & #2. ?? :rolleyes: :confused: :help:

Jaws
01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
:)
My best guess, and it is just a guess, is that the program cover is from 1949. I say that because Mike Nazaruk was an AAA regular beginning in 1950 and would have been an unlikely participant in the Friday night shows at Freeport. Nazaruk finished 4th in 1950 AAA Eastern sprint car standings. He won races that year at Williams Grove, Harrington, Bedford, and Rutland. There would have been severe sanctions from the AAA had he ran the Freeport races. Also, TV was in it's infancy and programming of that sort didn't appear until about 1949. I might be wrong but the combination of these two facts narrows it down considerably, IMO.

Man you know way too much!!!

Where you the guy who owned the house with the porch on the backstrech at Freeport?

Dwight Clock
01-30-2008, 07:49 PM

Man you know way too much!!!

Where you the guy who owned the house with the porch on the backstrech at Freeport?
:):D...No, I grew up in Bay Shore.:D