PDA

View Full Version : tire deal

fisherman
01-27-2008, 07:12 PM
so whats the tire deal and how much a tire

00 RBDJ
01-27-2008, 09:48 PM
They didn't announce who has it yet. They said it is still in the works. All they said is that the tires will be cheaper. There are talks about using the charger tires instead also.

Sam Michaels
01-28-2008, 05:43 AM
How can they say tires will be cheaper when they don't even know who the dealer is or what tire the cars will be on?

LongIslandJam
01-28-2008, 07:03 AM
They can't get any more expensive. That's why. Time will tell what the tire deal will actually provide the racing community.

Duke22
01-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Hey fisherman, are you planning to come back? I don't know what the current specs are on Charger tires but it was a disaster when we ran them years ago. They were good for one race only before they hardened up. I guess we're stuck running Hoosiers. The McCreary/American Racer tires were decent.

racerwife
01-28-2008, 10:48 AM
My understanding is that the contract with Hoosier suppling the track with tires lasts 1 more year. The person running the operation is open for negotiation. As for price... as its been stated by numerous others... tires will be cheaper.
I know Paul spoke with a few of the Charger drivers last year about their tires. 1 race and maybe a warm-up on them. Anything more and they were garbage. So that puts most of the teams into needing a complete set every week... no savings to any of the figure 8's that I see. Maybe you save a few dollars a week on price , but you are purchasing more tires monthly... in my book that = no savings !!! In fact it might cost our division more overall to run... Only time will tell.

Karen

Tommyj16
01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Remember chargers run heats and sometimes a consi if you asked tom kraft who ram them 2 years ago they lasted him 3 races w/ a warm up or two on those same tires late in a season in wich he won the championship. And the charges tire is easy to come by. we all know how we ran out of tires last year and some of us needed help from our competers for there take offs so, you make the call no tires or the charger tires. and if you are running for a championship you most likely are puting tires on every other week any way.

fisherman
01-28-2008, 06:39 PM
hey tom thats why you only have 12cars a week because nobody wants the same things thats why its not worth coming back. the track will tell you 1 thing and do another. like a chassis is legal then its not .but the rules still say box front clip is still legal so whats the rule a track rule or a drivers rule. give a answer and i,ll let you know what i,m doin:applause::applause::cool::lol::lol::lol::lol:

figure849
01-28-2008, 07:00 PM
If Kraft got three weeks on the 45's. I believe this years charger tires will be alittle harder, So I guess they will last longer.

Fig8 T.K.
01-28-2008, 08:08 PM
This coming season appears to be the most promising in years. Officials are very supportive of turning the racetrack back to what it once was. Cutting cost and raising car counts are two subjects that the new officials are willing to work on. One of their other top priorities seems to be getting the post race activities back under control. I thought the meetings I attended went very well. Mike, Jim and Paul did an excellent job. The Figure Eights do not need negativity when their are people trying to build the division and make things better. Let's give the officials a chance. I have heard Joe Larsen say if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. Think about it.

T.K.

Sam Michaels
01-29-2008, 06:50 AM
T.K. I never heard that expression but it seems on the money. If everyone is on the same tire what difference does it make? I was thinkin that in a Charger 20 lap race, they make 40 left hand turns. The Figure 8 cars in a 20 lap race make 20 rights and 20 lefts. Wouldn't that double the life of the tire? Just askin.

RGeeProductions
01-29-2008, 08:34 AM
T.K. I never heard that expression but it seems on the money. If everyone is on the same tire what difference does it make? I was thinkin that in a Charger 20 lap race, they make 40 right hand turns. The Figure 8 cars in a 20 lap race make 20 rights and 20 lefts. Wouldn't that double the life of the tire? Just askin.

Where are you watching races?
Australia?
40 right hand turns?
That would be very interesting to say the least!!!!

fisherman
02-04-2008, 06:04 PM
This coming season appears to be the most promising in years. Officials are very supportive of turning the racetrack back to what it once was. Cutting cost and raising car counts are two subjects that the new officials are willing to work on. One of their other top priorities seems to be getting the post race activities back under control. I thought the meetings I attended went very well. Mike, Jim and Paul did an excellent job. The Figure Eights do not need negativity when their are people trying to build the division and make things better. Let's give the officials a chance. I have heard Joe Larsen say if you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem. Think about it.

T.K.

HEY TK YOU GOT MAIL SINCE YOUR POST HOW ABOUT A ANSWER TO MY ?

rydogg97
02-04-2008, 06:32 PM
for the solution to work all the cars need to be built to the rules.no exceptions!!this has been a problem in the past.now with the new officials lets see what happens.fisherman hit the nail right on the head one set of rules for all!that will make all divisions better not just figs.

Tower Man
02-05-2008, 06:53 AM
I want to clarify something Fisherman said about a chassis that was legal then it wasn't etc...

Basically what happened is this. A car was built with a questionable chassis. I allowed it to race to help the car count at the time. I also advised S.A.F.E.R. that no other cars with that chassis could compete and once the chassis in question was bent and needed to be clipped it had to conform to the rules.

It was that simple.

fisherman
02-05-2008, 05:59 PM
I want to clarify something Fisherman said about a chassis that was legal then it wasn't etc...

Basically what happened is this. A car was built with a questionable chassis. I allowed it to race to help the car count at the time. I also advised S.A.F.E.R. that no other cars with that chassis could compete and once the chassis in question was bent and needed to be clipped it had to conform to the rules.

It was that simple.

hey towerman look at the rhd fig8 rules IT SAYS CSP2BY 4 CHASSIS IS LEGAL. SO WAS THE RULE CHANGED YES OR NO SIMPLE ????????

fisherman
02-05-2008, 06:35 PM
hey towerman look at the rhd fig8 rules IT SAYS CSP2BY 4 CHASSIS IS LEGAL. SO WAS THE RULE CHANGED YES OR NO SIMPLE ????????

HEY TOWERMAN NOT LOOKIN TO ARGUE JUST WANT A SIMPLE ANSER

rydogg97
02-05-2008, 08:41 PM
seems to me that t.k and towerman are ignoring you!!!or maybe they are worried about the possible return of the villan!!sounds like a dam movie plot!!will someone please answer him!!:eek:

Tower Man
02-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Not ignoring the Fisherman. Just don't spend every waking moment on the jam.

Yes it still is in the rule book. However, the agreement was, once bent, it comes out.

T.K. and Joe Saraceno will agree.

fisherman
02-06-2008, 05:16 PM
seems to me that t.k and towerman are ignoring you!!!or maybe they are worried about the possible return of the villan!!sounds like a dam movie plot!!will someone please answer him!!:eek:

hey dog they answered but being rhd can,t get a rule book right for a few divions i have decided to just put my motor in my boat and enjoy my weekends on the water and weeknites on family time so the only racing i,m doing is to the boat ramp to goFISHING WITH MY WIFE,STEVEN AND MY REAL FRIENDS. SO ENJOY YOUR RACE SEASON. RON:wave::wave::wave::wave::cool::cool::cool::cool ::applause::applause::applause::applause::cheers:: cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::ch eers: