PDA

View Full Version : Best Racing Memory

NJ Chick
01-28-2008, 02:07 PM
While we wait for Wall News, how about we share a favorite racing memory? It doesn't have to necessarily be enduro racing, any kind of race! Let's hear them, fire away!:wave:

Geno
01-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Let me be first!

My fondest memory of racing was when I won my first R/C car championship. It wasn’t the championship that was the greatest memory though; it was the awards dinner itself. My grandmother (dad’s mom) was close to passing away shortly before the banquet and my dad still showed up for the dinner to show his support for me, which was unexpected and very unselfish of him to do. Hey, it has to be the fondest memory- it’s a mere 18 years ago and still sticks in my head! :)

Tooner
01-29-2008, 01:15 AM
1990, kind of like Geno's story. My dad had just retired and went to every race on the Modified tour while I was working with Jamie Tomaino. We ended up winning the Championship, but the best part was the time I spent with my father and seeing him be accepted by my racing friends. He had a stroke a few years after and we lost him in 2003. That weekend he passed, the car I worked on won and the driver, Dave Michel, dedicated the race to my dad.

17Racer
01-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I'd have to say it would be the weekend of august 5th 2006. when I won the heat and the feature in the same night in the Thriller division. and then i got to race the Street Stock Shootout the next day. Which my cousin Paul Frantz won and I finished 7th in. It was an awesome weekend:D:D:D

richardpetey
01-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Gee Cindy, its funny you should bring up special racing memories because you played a big part in mine................:rolleyes:
One mid-september weekend I found myself staring at the one of the canal locks leading into Lake Ontario from a hotel room in Oswego, N.Y.................:cool:
It was so peaceful, serene and calming and so welcome in a period in my life that was filled with sadness........................:*-(
Somehow, someway we won the F/S-S/S ROC race that weekend............................:D
It all seemed like a blur and I don't even know how I pulled it off, but I'm sure I had an angel guiding me from above...................:angel:
Let it be known, it was Cindy and Howie who dragged me up there kicking and screaming in a pouring rain storm....................:*-(
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

enduroracer131
02-02-2008, 11:33 PM
I would have to say watching the enduros at Flemington Speedway, Watching well over 100 cars on the wet track trying to dodge dead cars and tractor tires was amazing. I always had so much fun and the food and souvenir prices were pretty good. If it wasn't for Flemington Speedway I probably never would have gotten into racing like I am now:) Now, I hate having to drive past where that great track used to be and seeing a freaking Walmart, Lowes and a bunch of other stores that will never get my business :mad: