PDA

View Full Version : Winter Blue Afternoon Trivia 2

Tooner
01-29-2008, 02:17 PM
last one this afternoon.

Name cars, drivers, and anyone else you recognize in the pic.

http://www.mcgrafixlettering.com/mcracingphotos/winterblues/wbv5_6.jpg

Precision Auto
01-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Mike McLaughlin. To the right is Tommy Bolles. In back of Tommy is Geoge Brunnhoelzl

ThE sHaDoW
01-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Is that the 28 of Ray Evernham in the back ground?

Precision Auto
01-29-2008, 04:00 PM

sHaDoW: We were doing George's engine work and from the side view it looks alot like him. I definately remember the facial hair, which is about all you can see! We;ll have to wait for Tooner!

realist
01-29-2008, 06:07 PM
the jet in whales car, i see chip graves, the big o in the background

Groundpounder
01-29-2008, 07:53 PM
"Big Orange" is in the background

Tooner
01-29-2008, 09:04 PM
I'll leave this up for awhile and let you keep guessing.

Precision Auto
01-29-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm still going with Mike McLaughlin, to the right of Mike is Tommy Bolles.
Behind Tommy Bolles is George Brunnhoelzl, to the left of George is Tom Baldwin.

No clue who the big guy is with the white circle on his jacket. But to the left of him I would guess Jake Morosz. To the left of Jake, walking away would be Rick Rodenbaugh (sp?)..................

Car #3 is Lenny Boehler. Car #28 is George Brunnhoelzl. Big orange trailer is Richie Evans.

If none of mine are correct, I give up!! :wave:

stabone
01-29-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm still going with Mike McLaughlin, to the right of Mike is Tommy Bolles.
Behind Tommy Bolles is George Brunnhoelzl, to the left of George is Tom Baldwin.

No clue who the big guy is with the white circle on his jacket. But to the left of him I would guess Jake Morosz. To the left of Jake, walking away would be Rick Rodenbaugh (sp?)..................

Car #3 is Lenny Boehler. Car #28 is George Brunnhoelzl. Big orange trailer is Richie Evans.

If none of mine are correct, I give up!! :wave:

Sorry behind Tommy Bolles Is Jamie The Jet Tomaino and next to him is his car owner The one and only "whale" aka "Big Harry"!!!! Trivia....... Superior Process Truck behing them was a big supporter of what Famous Mod Driver?????

stabone
01-29-2008, 10:39 PM

Cant believe that you didnt know that was your driver!!!! lol:wave:

Tooner
01-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Sorry behind Tommy Bolles Is Jamie The Jet Tomaino and next to him is his car owner The one and only "whale" aka "Big Harry"!!!! Trivia....... Superior Process Truck behing them was a big supporter of what Famous Mod Driver?????

Bingo, you know your stuff!

Tooner
01-30-2008, 12:00 PM
From the left, George Ross Sr (Owned the red 28 in the picture with Henry Paternostro), Richie Evans Hauler (orange one), Chip Graves truck and trailer(brown and tan). I think I know the 2 guys with their back to the camera but not gonna guess, Mike McLaughlin in the driver suit with the sunglasses, he drove the Boehler 3 that day, guy hidden behind him in yellow shirt is Billy "The Whale" Graham, who used to own the 28 mods and is still involved today helping Tony Hirschman. Second guy in driver suit is Tommy Bolles. Guy in Black jacket and blue and yellow hat is Jamie Tomaino., standing by the back of Jeff Fullers truck. Taken at Pocono, 1984. Ray Evernham drove the 28 that day. I think that was the year Jamie Tomaino's new engine was not done yet and he could not race. It was when he first got together with Bill Pott's and the 99.