PDA

View Full Version : Our Buddy Charlie Roberts is asking for help!

Tooner
01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Our buddy Charlie Roberts is asking for help

Charlie Roberts, former announcer at Wall Stadium, Raceway Park, and many other tracks, is in a really tough situation right now. He is waiting on funding for his radio network and in a tight jam.

He lost his first network due to the federal government banning tobacco sponsorship, then lost his parents house from a fire, and later both parents, which he helped support. Allot of things out of his control have brought him to this point.

Charlie is a good guy and has always been there for the racers and fans, and now just needs some financial help to get through this difficult time.

If anyone can, please help out.

If you are interested in investing in his racing network, which will yield a return for investors, please call or email him. It's not just a little local show . . . it's a nationwide network and produces and distributes a motorsports news program that covers all legitimate areas of the sport and creates jobs.

He's been trying (and looking ) to get back to work for a long time and is ready to go. . . Charlie is really is embarrassed to be asking but he just needs a hand to get through this tough time to help him get back on his feet.

Charlie also has a 1970 Mercury Cougar he is trying to sell.

He is in danger of losing his house, so anything is appreciated by him.

Right now money orders made out to "CASH" are the best for him.

I have known Charlie for many years, and this is a really true and desperate issue, or I would not put my name to this..

Please contact him or send anything you can to:

Charlie Roberts
Mail/Ship: 57-7 Bridgewaters Drive
Oceanport, NJ 07757-1154
Home: (732) 935-1017
Email: cr@exit109.com

You can also send cash by Western Union to me, Michael Clayton, mcgrafix@aol.com and I will pick it up and deliver it to Charlie:

PATHMARK #579
1933 RTE 35
WALL, NJ 07719
Tel: (732) 449-6611

Info on Charlie if you do not already know him:

15 years GM/Announcer/PR Wall Stadium, also Announcer/PR New Egypt, Chief Announcer Pocono (announcer many other tracks including Atlantic City, Daytona (both Speedway and Municipal Stadium), Dover, East Windsor, Flemington, Freeport, Meadowlands, New Smyrna (World Series), and Raceway Park.

Radio announcer: MRN, WEEI, WLLH, WMEX, WRKO, WTBU (PD too), WHLW (PD), WHTG, WJLK (PD), WMCX, WOBM, WRLB (PD), WTTM (PD), WZVU, WIBG.

Television: ESPN (anchored [with Earl Krause] last race ever run at Trenton . . . Dogleg 200 Modified race), KTV (syndicated SCCA series), TBS (last NASCAR Cup race at Nashville Fairgrounds).

Founded MotorNet (SKOAL/McDonald's MotorSports Report) national radio network in Farmingdale . . . took from concept to half a million dollars annually and 350 stations in four years . . . employing seven people including Allen Bestwick (NBC/ESPN), Brian Buchauer (Dover PR and GM Ken Schrader Racing), and Al Robinson (Dover and NASCAR PR/Announcer) (gave them their first fulltime jobs in motorsports). Was so successful that was twice approached by well-known radio (multiple station and track owner) and TV broadcaster (who first brought Daytona 500 to live television on CBS) to sell MotorNet to him.

Totally believing in the viability of the MotorNet project, Charlie continues to pursue his dream.

There are (at least) two possible sources of funding in the offing but nothing is firm . . . yet.

Thanks to all of you in advance! Mike Clayton

Tooner
02-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Saw Charlie today, we collected money at the Wall banquet for him.

Now he can get some food and gas at least, but still is in dire straights but it helped some.
Thanks

Mike