PDA

View Full Version : S.a.f.e.r.

figure849
02-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Is there a date for the safer banquet ?

figure849
02-08-2008, 07:20 PM
If anyone has this info. please respond. I have already commited myself to going to my nieces sweetsixteen party in March. Hope it is not the same day.

00 RBDJ
02-09-2008, 01:54 PM
I do not belive that they have a place or date yet..I may be wrong..

Fig8 T.K.
02-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Hopefully by the end of the weekend we will have all the information. Joe has been working on this and we are looking at two more places and than a decision will be made. The information will be posted as soon as it is finalized. I realize without the date it is hard to get an exact head count but if everyone could get an approximate count it will help. All tickets MUST be paid for before the dinner.

Fig8 T.K.
02-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately, there is no final word on the dinner dance. I will post as soon as I know something.

Kathy

Tower Man
02-15-2008, 10:53 AM
With the next SAFER meeting scheduled for this coming Tuesday,I would think there will be an update.

Tower Man
02-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Still no date for the SAFER Banquet. Joe Saraceno had to bring information to the group to vote on prior to making a decision. Should be out shortly. Looks like the end of March or 1st week in April.

figure849
02-28-2008, 09:20 PM
3 weeks later still no date ??

figure849
02-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Also there was supposed to be an e-mail list put together, just so we could be in contact to make things happen in a timely manner.
my point at the meeting was if we could all be in contact by e-mail, then we don't have to go to a meeting once a month and talk about what we did not do all month.:(:mad::help::

racerwife
02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Artie,
on the figure 8 web site, www.safer8.com , there is a list of emails as current as we have information for. You can find it through the rosters page. Just about every member has a email address.
As for the meetings... sorry but there are some things it is better to do in person, as a group... than through a email that not everyone participates in nor reads on a regular basis. If you are interested in the goings on of the club you make it your business to attend these scheduled meetings.If you are unable to attend due to your jobs work hours I'm sure any one that attended would share the evenings news with you. As you know they are always on the same Tuesday of every month at Chances. I agree that sometimes things do seem to take a long time to get done. My own personal feelings on that is, "If more people pitched in and contributed their time, efforts and energy to the organization it could and would be so much better for all members." From what I've observed, it is only a small number who continually are generous of their time, talents and knowledge to keep this club at all a viable organization. It would also "lighten the load" on those that are shouldering many jobs at once. But thats just my opinion.
Karen

leah28racing
02-29-2008, 02:20 PM
What Artie was trying to say was, The jobs or tasks that people were and or are supposed to do between meetings are not getting done because they have not been able to speak to others in club about them. The suggestion emailing each other was to help things move along a little faster. He wasn't saying that because he didnt want to come to any meetings. And yes people need to start coming to these meetings more often so everyone has a say and be involved with what is going on.
We also said we can't wait for certain people to come to these meetings to make a decision, some decisions are gonna have to be made with the people that are going to the meetings and are participating in getting things to work.

Fig8 T.K.
02-29-2008, 09:25 PM
I am not sure what is not getting done between meetings that people are supposed to be taking care of. If we are talking about the dinner, a lot has been going on with the dance plans. As usual, Joe Saraceno has to make sure we have the dinner at a nice place that is willing to do it for a reasonable price. He is constantly bickering back and forth about prices. I realize the announcement of the date and place is late this year, but that doesn't mean it is not being worked on. Today alone there were six phones calls between myself, Joe Saraceno and Joe Larsen regarding the dance. If there are other things anyone feels has not gotten done, email me and I let you know if I have any information.
I am curious as to who the certain people are that need to come to the meeting so decisions can be made.

Kathy

Tower Man
03-01-2008, 09:56 AM
I think Artie's post was misinterpreted. At the last meeting it was recommended we share e-mail addresses so that we could update each other via e-mail with things we, or anybody else is working on for the club. It was not designed to replace the monthly meeting. I don't believe Artie was suggesting nothing was being done. I believe what he was trying to say is where was the e-mail(s) regarding updates to the Banquet.

leah28racing
03-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Joe i guess you you have put it in better words than me. noone is trying to put people down or saying they have to do anything. It's just a suggestion with emailing in between meetings. To help keep everyone up to date. And help EACHOTHER on getting things done thats all i was trying to say. I have been trying to help as well.

figure849
03-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Sorry I have not checked in a few days. Joe is correct. at the last meeting we talked about having an e-mail list that we could go to follow up on talked about projects.
for instance if there is something I can do to help make the safer t-shirts appear before the next meeting I would be glad to be of assistance.
If you are working on that please feel free to e-mail or phone me. my cell # can be found at my web site.
Joe your good at keeping things from getting ugly:)

Ka$h25
03-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Well, I'm thinking most who have internet access and are involved in the division, might be members here, so how about just use the Private Message feature.

Tower Man
03-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Artie, what happens is, someone hears something form someone, who tells a friend, who calls the guy down the block, who post on the Jam.

I've been in your shoes and just wanted to clear it up.

Tommyj16
03-04-2008, 02:07 PM
O.K. so whens the awards dinner lol.. Get Well Uncle Tom:cheers:

fisherman
03-04-2008, 07:02 PM
O.K. so whens the awards dinner lol.. Get Well Uncle Tom:cheers:

WHEN TK IS BETTER:applause::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol :

Tower Man
03-05-2008, 08:10 AM
I have an idea, (imagine that).

Have the S.A.F.E.R. Banquet in October. Combine 2007 and 2008 awards. Plan it NOW!!!!!! Put a committee together to work as a team. Utilize e-mail for updates, (as Artie mentioned), and work through the season to raise funds for the point fund, reduced ticket prices and for guest tickets. Promote the banquet and be ready. Last minute does not work.

I think some key people need to meet early next week to discuss this matter.

Tech day is a month away and I am sure many teams are getting busy and don't want to spend money on tickets, dresses and a new shirt.

x_factor
03-05-2008, 01:46 PM
got idea (lol) tower man check your p.m :applause:

Tommyj16
03-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Well Joe,

I have been speaking to a couple of people. Some like, some dislike your idea, but the way time is flying by, I don't think we are going to have a choice in the matter. Unless those in charge have been planning and we will find out soon or at our next meeting when where very soon. The one thing is, we have a club was to show another division how we have a party with awarding the first annual JOHN KRAFT award to the Blunderbust Rookie of the Year. :confused: which in turn could have made other clubs join together and have a bigger Awards Dinner Dance in the future.

Tower Man
03-07-2008, 07:04 AM
There will always be those who agree and those who don't. I respect that. Decisions are hard to make and even harder to please all. But to do nothing is wrong.

Roger Maynor is the S.A.F.E.R. Champion and is being denied his reward. As you know, I have been involved with S.A.F.E.R. for parts of 4 decades. S.A.F.E.R. always had the best parties.

The sad part of John Kraft Memorial Rookie of the Year Award is it looks like I'll be giving the plaques out in the pits. No fanfare, no cameras and no recogition for a man who helped all and was forgotten by most. Even the track wouldn't mention the award because I "didn't go through the channels of the Riverhead Raceway marketing programs".

Fig8 T.K.
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Hey did I miss something??? Is the dance a dead deal? Let me know so I can cancel appts that Karen Specht and I have tonight. I would rather be home staying dry than hopping from place to place gathering info to relay to Joe.

Kathy

Tower Man
03-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Not dead, but appears to be on life support. I hope we can have it and hope there is a good turn out on such short notice.

Fig8 T.K.
03-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Here is some information regarding the dinner. The tentative date is Friday April 4th. I believe it will be held in either Patchogue or Medford. I am faxing the information Karen and I gathered tonight to Joe Saraceno tomorrow morning and he will make the final decision. One thing we need help with is trying to get an approx. head count. We have to guarantee a certain number of people and it would be nice to not have to pay for people that are not there. You can either email me or Karen with your information. Also if you know anyone that does not have internet access and can give them a call you can include their count in your email.

Thanks
Kathy

vsmidge68
03-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Hey Joe,
We have been reading the posts pertaining to the banquet and I can assure you, whenever you have it we will be there. Donny, Rob and Jessica worked hard for their rookie awards and I know they appreciate the efforts put forth by you. We have heard about how much fun the S.A.F.E.R parties are and quite frankly after the extremely disappointing RR "Banquet" we are looking forward to a good time....:)

Fig8 T.K.
03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
The sad part of John Kraft Memorial Rookie of the Year Award is it looks like I'll be giving the plaques out in the pits. No fanfare, no cameras and no recogition for a man who helped all and was forgotten by most. Even the track wouldn't mention the award because I "didn't go through the channels of the Riverhead Raceway marketing programs".

This may be something that belongs in a Blunderbust thread. SAFER and the Fig8 drivers should not be involved with something the racetrack would not do for the Blunderbust division. I think most people would agree with me that anytime SAFER or Fig8 drivers need to promote functions, sponsors etc. we approach the PR person, Bob Finan and he is always willing to go above and beyond to help us. Our picnic, dinner dance, and last year our car show was announced on Sat nights. Bob also attends our functions if his schedule permits. He loves the Fig8 division and has supported them since the Islip Days. For many years now the track has allowed us to sell our end of year raffle tickets in the pit area and I am not sure who we needed to clear that with.

As far as John Kraft being forgotten.....it will never happen at Riverhead Raceway as long as Bob is the announcer. John always had and still has a special spot in Bob Finans heart and he will not allow John to be forgotten. This is proven on many Saturday nights when Bob talks about John or tells a funny story about him.

Hopefully we can get back on the topic of the SAFER Dinner and make it as successful as those in the past.

Kathy

Fig8 T.K.
03-09-2008, 10:53 AM
It was not my intention in my previous post to personally attack anyone but it has been brought to my attention that some feel that I did. I would like to explain that my point was that I felt Blunderbust issues should be in with the Blunderbust threads. I realize now that Joe felt it was a SAFER issue since he had plans to give out the Blunderbust Awards at the SAFER Dinner. Joe, I am very sorry if you also feel that this was written to attack you. You have been a major part and supporter of SAFER for many years, even when you did not have any involvement in the division. You put your heart and soul into the dinner dance last year and it was very successful. Probably the best dance we have had in many years. You have also helped many drivers both on and off the racetrack. Please do not think that what I wrote has any reflection of the appreciation SAFER has for everything you have done.

Kathy