PDA

View Full Version : Junior and Eury jr

racing#s
02-20-2008, 07:37 PM
I may've missed it , but did Eury or Junior say why they didn't pit yet on Sunday ?
:confused:

Turbo
02-20-2008, 08:01 PM
I dunno, did Jr say because he ran better in the clean air?

broz
02-20-2008, 09:42 PM
This is JMHO....BUT I don't think Eury Jr. will EVER be the man that leads Dale Jr. to a championship.
We've seen this type of blunder before by Eury Jr. Honestly, I was quite shocked when Rick Hendrick gave him the keys to the shop. I'm one of those who believes that Eury Jr. is the reason Dale Jr. has not achieved the type of success he maybe should have by now.
This will not be a popular opinion by amongst the "E Nation", but I challenge anyone who doesn't agree to look at the past and what happened just last week at Daytona.
Dale Jr. will win championships at Hendrick Motorsports, but I think it will be a "Hendrick" man that will take him to the promised land!
I TOTALLY respect Dale Jr. for being true to his childhood friends and the "Posse", but the truth is that doesn't always mean they are the best men for the job.
Ok....my two cents :wave:

W. J.
02-20-2008, 09:51 PM
They were going ot pit when the rest of the leaders did, but too much radio chatter preluded them telling this to JR as he passed the pit entrance, so they missed the opportunity.
The cause of the 'radio chatter' was too many decision makers placed on Jr's team, and Tony was unable to tell him over the radio to come in. On all the yellows after that, they would have lost track position, since none of the others needed to pit, so they were stuck with having to learn from their mistake. Hopefully, they did. 9th place is a good teacher.

broz
02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Well Walt...I know you've been around racing a lot longer than I have :confused: Sounds like a "convenient" excuse for failure to get the job done if you ask me.
The responsiblity for that call lies at the feet of the "Crew Chief", regardless of who is on the radio.
Again my two cents.....:applause:

Racer53
02-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Well on the jumbo screen at Daytona, they interviewed Tony Jr. and he said they wanted to gamble and get the track position... I for one don't get that at all since they were running 3rd at the time and to gamble not once but twice when EVERYONE else came down pitroad is just stupid in my opinion. For the last 20-30 laps Little E was sliding all over the place and it def cost him a shot at the win. But hey, thats racing I guess.

RhdRacer
02-21-2008, 12:52 AM
You could hear Tony over the radio trying to tell Jr to pit at the time, was listening on Sirius.

Also as per the guys on nascar radio on Sirius Newman had the same amount of laps on his tires as Jr.

W. J.
02-21-2008, 07:34 AM
No argument from me, Seannie. I just related what was said on the TV broadcast about what happened and why he didn't pit. Were they making excuses for themselves after the fact? Only they can answer that one. I agree, it is the crew chiefs job to make sure that the radio frequency is clear to communicate with the driver, so yes, it's all on Tony Eury Jr.

Mortgage Guy
02-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Broz, back to your other point about Eury Jr. Junior had to go with Tony Gibson (one of the better crew cheifs out there) for 6 races last year and didn't fair any better. Eury was suspended and left early so I actually think it was 11 races without him and what did he do then?? Not much. I am a Jr fan don't get me wrong, but he is not nor will he ever be his Daddy. At sometime I think the boy is going to have to look in the mirror and realize that he is a mid pack runner at best with the CUP series, no matter what he drives or who runs his team. To get to that level you still have to drive the car and he hasn't shown much in the last few years. I hope that he proves me so wrong but I think he may be the one Hendrick car on the outside looking in for the chase this year.

broz
02-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Good point Tim.....
let's see what he can do in this equipment now! Until then, the jury may still be out on how his "career" will develop!