PDA

View Full Version : 2008 ROC Pavement Schedule

kinserfan11
02-23-2008, 08:12 PM
2008 RACE OF CHAMPIONS DART ASPHALT MODIFIED TOUR SCHEDULE READY TO GO. ONE HUNDRED LAP EVENTS HIGHLIGHT A TREMENDOUS SCHEDULE.

BINGHAMTON, NY…The 2008 Race of Champions Dart Asphalt Modified Tour schedule is in place and the schedule is highlighted by several 100 lap events. A total of fourteen events are slated for the upcoming season with a great balance of five events in both the north and central regions. Four combination events will determine the overall 2008 title. Pete Brittain is the defending RoC Tour Champion.

The RoC Dart Asphalt Modified Tour will begin the season with a 100 lap special at the Wall Township Speedway on Sunday, May 11th. This will be the first of two central region races at the popular New Jersey oval. The other event is slated for Saturday, June 21st. The Oswego Speedway will once again play a huge factor in the outcome of the overall title. The famed “steel palace” will host the annual Richie Evans Memorial 100 on Saturday, May 24th along a 100 lapper on July 19th and the Classic Weekend 125 on Saturday, August 30th. The 58th Annual Sunoco Race of Champions will once again be held at Oswego Speedway on Saturday, September 20th.

Mahoning Valley Speedway and Dunn Tire Raceway Park(formerly Lancaster Raceway Park) will each host two events on this years trail. MVS will entertain two 75 lap races on Saturday, June 7th and Saturday, July 26th. Dunn Tire Raceway Park will host a special 50th Anniversay 100 lapper on Saturday, June 28th and the overall tour championship on the weekend of September 27th and 28th.

Other combination races will occur at the popular Spencer Speedway for a 100 lapper on Friday, August 1st and the Thompson International Speedway on Modified Mania Weekend which is set for September 6th and 7th. Short track 75 lap specials will be held at the Wyoming County International Speedway on Sunday, June 15th and at the Chemung Speedrome on Sunday, August 17th.

The special short track events at Mahoning, Wyoming County and Chemung will once again allow the “body of tomorrow” for teams in competition. These events will allow for teams to run unique body styles that will lend creativity to the Modified cars. Last season only a few teams took advantage of the opportunity that was received with mixed reviews. The “body of tomorrow” lets the teams have a little fun with their body package in those races.

Roc Tour Director Andrew Harpell commented on the upcoming schedule, “We have worked very hard to put together one of the best schedules that we have ever had.” “The additional 100 lap races will create additional excitement for our fans while providing the teams with a better payday.” He added, “We are really excited to get the season underway for 2008.”

2008 RACE OF CHAMPIONS MODIFIED TOUR DATES

Date Site Lap Region

Sun. 5/11 Wall Township Speedway, NJ 100 Central

Sat. 5/24 Oswego Speedway, NY 100 North

Sat. 6/7 Mahoning Valley Speedway 75 Central

Sat. 6/14 Wyoming County International 75 North

Sat. 6/21 Wall Township Speedway 100 Central

Sat. 6/28 Dunn Tire Raceway Park 100 North

Sat. 7/19 Oswego Speedway 100 North

Sat. 7/26 Mahoning Valley Speedway 75 Central

Fri. 8/1 Spencer Speedway 100 Combo

Sun. 8/17 ChemungSpeedrome 75 Central

Sat. 8/30 Oswego Speedway, NY 125 North

Sun. 9/7 Thompson International, CT 75 Combo

Sat. 9/20 Oswego Speedway – 57th R.o.C 200 Combo

9/27-28 Dunn Tire Raceway Park 100 Combo :cheers::cheers:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

limodmaniac
02-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Is Wall really racing on May 11th? Isn't that Mother's Day? Thought most tracks stayed away from racing on that day.

realist
02-24-2008, 09:32 AM
i'd be suprised if wall is running at all this year.

W. J.
02-24-2008, 11:02 AM
i'd be suprised if wall is running at all this year.All your negative comments about Wall almost make it sound as though you'd be happy if Wall closes. That's truly sad.

realist
02-24-2008, 11:50 AM
not happy at all, i'm just tired of all the b.s. . open or close don't keep stringing people along. sell it or close it! these people have no interest in running a race track. i've invested 39 years at that place as a fan, a crew member, and a car owner for a short time, i think i'm entitled to my opinion.

W. J.
02-24-2008, 12:17 PM
You're absolutely entitled to an opinion, I was just wondering why so negative when nothing seems to be decided yet.

RGeeProductions
02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
not happy at all, i'm just tired of all the b.s. . open or close don't keep stringing people along. sell it or close it! these people have no interest in running a race track. i've invested 39 years at that place as a fan, a crew member, and a car owner for a short time, i think i'm entitled to my opinion.

First off, being 38 years old, no way you invested 39 years, many others have more than that. The track totally understands what it is doing. There are many touring divisions with Wall on their schedule (4C Supers, NEETS, Roc Tour). This is a big business decision and although it does stink waiting, I understand totally from a business end. Business is for making money, and if they are not returning enough, then something else must be done. I, myself, would not like to be in their shoes right now.

realist
02-24-2008, 01:44 PM
sorry, i will be 39 this year, my first race was 2 weeks old( like i remember),(dad bought his first car in 69). have not missed too many saturday nights since. spent a couple years at shangri la, and spent a couple years at flemington, also traveled a few years ( tour ) hard not to go, when wall is around the corner. i understand business, (they aren't making money) 4.5 million is a big monthy payment, plus monthly taxes. when the nicols had it there was no monthly payment to the bank just taxes, and that increased when they paved everything (pits, infield,etc.) i will be sick if it closes, but i am looking at reality.

limodmaniac
02-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I read in Area Auto that the first ROC race at Wall would be held either May 4 or May 18. Not on May 11, as was posted on here. Anyone got info on this?

witchin8
02-29-2008, 06:14 PM
The email i received from them says May 11th.

limodmaniac
03-02-2008, 09:12 PM
When was the last tour race scheduled for Mother's Day?

modscene
03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm confused, I guess. This thread started when someone posted an official press release sent out to the media by the Race of Champions Modified Tour. It wasn't a rumor or something they "heard", it was the facts as they had been released. Now everyone wants to debate it. We'll know if the facts have changed when either the RoC Tour and/or Wall officially announce it. Until then, these are the facts.

And everyone is entitled to an opinion, it has nothing to do with who you are or what you've done. But as the saying goes, "Opinions are like...." Y'all need to chill and wait for the story to develop. ;)

RGeeProductions
03-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Thank you Bruce.
Yes, this was sent to me from RoC and OFFICIAL.
It was posted on The Chrome Horn front page as such also.

limodmaniac
03-03-2008, 05:16 PM
The purpose to my response was to question if the information was correct.

I haven't seen too many Mother Day Sunday races and was wondering if this could indeed be a mistake.

Having read in Area Auto that the Wall date would be May 4 or May 18 is information that also was reported to someone and should not be taken lightly.

And if in fact, Wall originally scheduled it for the 11th, maybe a comment that that date is Mother's Day, might convince them to change that date if they think that would be a poor choice for a race date.

I think when it's all done and the revised schedule is out, Wall will not have a race on Mother's Day.

RGeeProductions
03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Nothing for nothing, but the Wall date can't be accurate till the track knows if it is running at all this year.

realist
03-04-2008, 05:48 PM
may 4 roc, new investors???

limodmaniac
03-14-2008, 09:17 PM
According to their website, the track is closed... It's over..and there will be no ROC or any races there ever again.