PDA

View Full Version : late models

jeffrey
02-24-2008, 08:35 PM
they should do away with the late models sorry to say.when you get only 12 to 13 cars at a saturday night.it ant no fun to watch.fans not comming out to watch like they did when there was like 21to24 late models.I know because when i worked on Quinn's #7 late model when we ran there for years it was hard to get to the big race because there was alot of great drivers to race against.there are still great drivers in the late models.but they have to see it comming.you can all get together and talk all you want to try to save the late models.it ant going to happen.they where great in there time.so ill see all 10 to 13 late models this year.good luck to all.p.s how much is it to win on a saturday night $250.00.gas on a saturday night for the late models going to be #250.00.

outlawfab
02-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Nice way to talk about the latemodel class . We will see were all of the negativity gets us .

big502cubes
02-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Since you have so much to say why dont you buy a car and add yourself to field and then you might have 15 cars. If not maybe you can talk to Quinn and get him back out there.

nflobster
02-24-2008, 10:07 PM
i think the purse is higher than that and the glory days were when everybody was offered the opertunity to treat their tires not like today when it seems certain people get away with it. at the meetings a few people said that if the division agreed to "look the other way" that they would bring them back out. be it a money problem or a setup problem that they couldn't figure out but feel that they would be competive on treated tires was agreed upon by the drivers by a 16 to 3 vote if i recall. that adds up to 19 cars which showed intrest in racing. unless you talk about the bb division the car count is about 13 to 15 cars average. the lm's have had some problems but also put on some really good racing so to say that they are a waste and to get rid of them is wrong. oh by the way it seemed to me on the nights i came the stands were pretty full which is a change from recent years past.

Jeff T
02-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Not for nothing, if we should do away with the Late Models because they only have 12-13 cars, why not get rid of the Super Pro Trucks because they have only averaged 12 -13 trucks for the past ten years. We could even get rid of the Chargers because they only had 15-16 cars on a regular basis last season. How about the Figure 8 division? Heck, they've had 12-13 cars per night for years, so maybe they should go.... If it's car counts that you are using to determine whether a division should, think again. Car counts are down in every division, even the Modifieds. You might want to attribute that to past management and lack of respect from them, as well as bad financial times all around. Many cars are sitting due to lack of funds, as well as issues with the past management in the pits. Maybe the respect issue may improve this year (I hope) with BD gone, but $$$$ will play a major factor in how many cars in all divisions will come out and play.
And just for the record, yes, there were many issues with quality of racing in the Late Models this past year. That was a major topic in the LM meetings this past winter. Everyone in attendence took extreme interest and concern to the problem of repect and "give and take" on the track. So to condemn the division before the first green flag drops is ridiculous. I personally feel that the winter Late Model meetings brought to light many issues and concerns that went unspoken previously. There were 19 teams in attendence, if they were not genuinely concerned about turning this division around, they would not have been there.
Also, winner does not get $250.00 the win. I think it is around $450.00-$500.00, BUT.....the purse could always stand to be bigger! (hint, hint...)

rydogg97
02-25-2008, 09:53 AM
i dont think that negativity will get us any where!i dont think we should get rid of any divisions.i think that they could rearrange the night so all can race.i think that with 12to15 cars you do not need heats or consis.because that could lead to wrecks and less cars yet for feature.by doing this they could probably let all divs race on sat nites.and as far as the purse goes if your there to try to make money or break even dont bother racin.can purse be larger of course will it i doubt it.most people race because they enjoy doing it!i think the lm is a strong division and one i enjoy and i hope will get stronger as time progresses.:cheers:

Rubbin&Racin
02-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Bite Me Jeffrey, wow! What a horrible out look in life you have. I say maybe you stay home with all your negativity, who needs ya.

Golf Guy
02-25-2008, 01:56 PM
jeffrey your second post and so much optimism. Can't wait to read some more of your colorful and insightful observations.

DriveitinDeep
02-25-2008, 02:17 PM
with opinions like yours, do us all a favor, keep them to yourself and stay away from the Late Models.

W. J.
02-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Doesn't look like a lot of people will be inviting jeffrey by for a burger and beer after the races.

Addressing car counts, it seems like the racing is just as good with the lower car counts, because those who do show up weekly give it their all, and provide a good show for the fans, plus fun and excitement for themselves. Who could ask for more than that?!!!

From the money angle, when there are way more cars than will run the feature, those who don't make the feature go home with nothing. No matter how little is paid back through the field, many of these guys and gals race because they enjoy it, and the 'money won' helps, but I've heard a lot of them say through the years that they'd race for the glory if nothing else was on the line because they enjoy doing it that much. Hey, at this level, it's just a hobby for most of them.

An Observer
02-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Jeffery- You should just go back to the past and keep dreaming. Seems the world is passing you by and you don't know it. Be positive or STFU. Thank you.:disgusted

Tower Man
02-25-2008, 05:39 PM
If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

fisherman
02-25-2008, 06:52 PM
they should do away with the late models sorry to say.when you get only 12 to 13 cars at a saturday night.it ant no fun to watch.fans not comming out to watch like they did when there was like 21to24 late models.I know because when i worked on Quinn's #7 late model when we ran there for years it was hard to get to the big race because there was alot of great drivers to race against.there are still great drivers in the late models.but they have to see it comming.you can all get together and talk all you want to try to save the late models.it ant going to happen.they where great in there time.so ill see all 10 to 13 late models this year.good luck to all.p.s how much is it to win on a saturday night $250.00.gas on a saturday night for the late models going to be #250.00.

hey jeffies i,ve had my share of problems at the track . I WOULD NEVERSAY GET RID OF ANY DIVISON. SOMEDAY IT WILL GET STRAIGHTEN OUT. AND ALOT OF US GUYS WILL RETURN..... RON:applause::applause::cheers:

jeffrey
02-25-2008, 07:05 PM
I feel sorry for you late model drivers.for the last 10 or so years the owners of riverhead have treated you guys like $#!t.and you guys think by haveing two talks you guys had will change things.can you guys tell me what is going to change.for what i hear and read nothing at all.its all going to stay the same.so its not only me that thinks the late models should go.its the owners of riverhead feel the same way.but they have no balls to tell you guys that.so they will run you guys until you guys cant take it anymore.like mighty mike.and if you think they do.on the first night all you late model guys get together and park your cars in the parken lot.see how fast they come out to get you guys.they can careless.so its not only me.i wounder why you guys cantrun your cars anywhere else.only riverhead.because they know if they change the rules on the cars alot of you guys would be running somewhere else.they got you guys by the balls.and to sit hear and tell me alot of them dont run for money.thats bull.then some one out there tell me who is running for free.you all run for money.evreythingisbout money.why you think they dont want you guys to juice the tires.its all about money.so you can all say bite me or stay away from the late models.im sleeping when the models are out there anyway.only there for the mods.p.s.i didnt say anything bad about the drivers.they are the best.love evreyone of the late model drivers.just feel sorry for them.

wayne
02-25-2008, 07:31 PM
UUUUUUUHHHHHHMMMMMMM..OK. .This is all stuff we've heard before,this time everyone gives a damn enough to try and change things.Things have been better at the track and hopefully will continue.we don't need anymore negativity against any division, lets see what happens. and by the way NO ONE races for money at riverhead.and most of us would still race if the back gate was $100 and no payoff at all !! jmo

unowho243
02-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Like it was said on here earlier 19 teams showed up for both meetings i think that is great and i personally love the LM's and i would love to get a chance to race in that division some day against the many talented drivers like Roger, Mighty Mike, J rod and all the other talented drivers we have in the LM's Yes last year was a little bit wild and down on cars but there was some damn good races too Late Models are here to stay and all divisions are said to be improving this upcoming season and with some things cheaper this season im expecting to see a few more cars then usual out there Jeffrey :disgusted

Golf Guy
02-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I feel sorry for you late model drivers.for the last 10 or so years the owners of riverhead have treated you guys like $#!t.and you guys think by haveing two talks you guys had will change things.can you guys tell me what is going to change.for what i hear and read nothing at all.its all going to stay the same.so its not only me that thinks the late models should go.its the owners of riverhead feel the same way.but they have no balls to tell you guys that.so they will run you guys until you guys cant take it anymore.like mighty mike.and if you think they do.on the first night all you late model guys get together and park your cars in the parken lot.see how fast they come out to get you guys.they can careless.so its not only me.i wounder why you guys cantrun your cars anywhere else.only riverhead.because they know if they change the rules on the cars alot of you guys would be running somewhere else.they got you guys by the balls.and to sit hear and tell me alot of them dont run for money.thats bull.then some one out there tell me who is running for free.you all run for money.evreythingisbout money.why you think they dont want you guys to juice the tires.its all about money.so you can all say bite me or stay away from the late models.im sleeping when the models are out there anyway.only there for the mods.p.s.i didnt say anything bad about the drivers.they are the best.love evreyone of the late model drivers.just feel sorry for them.

I think your entire post should be deleted. No where in your incoherent rumbling did you make a ounce of sense. I think you have proven just how negative and small your opinions are about the Late Models and RiverHead Raceway. I think anyone who spends time reading your posts' will wish somehow they can have that time back in their day. Just some advice-
1- get a spell check.
2- get a positive attitude.
3 - get a life.

rydogg97
02-25-2008, 09:08 PM
can you imagine knowing everything in all of three posts!!!with your attitude im sure that you were a great asset to the team you were on!!anyone with 1/2 a brain knows that racing locally is not a money making deal.we all race any div. for the enjoyment of the sport!!if your only there for the mods why did you bother posting on lm thread?maybe you should go there and and share your wisdom with them!!!everyone that races here knows what to expect and dont need you or the crap you write!!!:disgusted

The Bullfather
02-25-2008, 09:48 PM
think this post it getting out of hand, enough bashing Jeffery, he made his points and everyone was against them that posted. But enough is enough and bring it to an end.

wayne
02-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Hey Pete when did you become a jam moderator? lol

Ka$h25
02-26-2008, 06:49 AM
why not get rid of the Super Pro Trucks because they have only averaged 12 -13 trucks for the past ten years.

Trucks are looking pretty impressive this season.

Ka$h25
02-26-2008, 06:52 AM
You can all say what you want about his thoughts and ideas, but enough of this "get a life" crap and personal attacks. He didn't come here to poke fun at anyone just posted an opinion. You all sound like a bunch of kids.

Golf Guy
02-26-2008, 06:52 AM
think this post it getting out of hand, enough bashing Jeffery, he made his points and everyone was against them that posted. But enough is enough and bring it to an end.

Made his points?

WEEZER
02-26-2008, 10:35 AM
There's a LM in East Islip that runs Mountain every sat nite, and use to run RH, so Jeff most be mis informed, kinda like Roger Clemens!

The Bullfather
02-26-2008, 12:33 PM
The guy posted what most felt was insulted by, the drivers and crews and fans of the late models. But to continue this thread without any solutions is going nowhere fast! As threads in the past have been shut down after enough was said, think this thread has gone where but insults being thrown around. If the board is going to stay with what it has in the past, then this would have been closed a long time ago. I'm not defending anyone, but just want to see a thread that can help support the late models with solutiuons! Let's agree to disagree without throwing mud, that's all! Jeffery comments are in the minority.

LongIslandJam
02-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, in all of this, everyone has some points.

This year will be a telling year for all divisions. 12 cars is not a feature, it's a glorified heat race, and I think fans (and some teams) are frustrated by this. Late Models are not the only division to suffer from a low car count. This year does seem promising as the late model teams are working together better. We'll see... We can only hope and work toward a better future.