PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead Take notice!!!

RacinRob
02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
this is something that should be considered for the blunderbust and divisions without radios!!

Mountain Madness Enduro Series to Utilize
One-Way Scanners

Mountain Speedway management has announced that beginning with the March 15th MMES Enduro event, the use of one-way scanners will be implemented to relay red and black flag situations occurring during Enduro events, in the name of safety.

With the yellow flag being set aside for Enduro competition, events are only halted for a dangerous, or red flag situation on the speedway. The black flag is used to tell specific cars about a problem they need to address, such as leaking gas, dragging bumpers or flat tires.

Racers will now be warned by the race director via the one-way scanner, in addition to the flags being displayed.

“With safety on everyone’s mind these days, we have decided to utilize the one-way scanners for our Enduro Series. It works well for our Saturday night racing, so why not use it in the Enduros,” stated co-promoter Mike Odwazny.

The inexpensive scanners can be purchased at various electronic outlets for less than $50. For more info, call the speedway office at (570)384-3215.

voodoocadoo
02-26-2008, 08:09 AM
I wish they would let us run radios some guys are already doing it and it would be great if we all had them

rydogg97
02-26-2008, 10:02 AM
:eek:already doing it!!lol!i think that they should be allowed to run radios.

art11758
02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
For the safety aspect, the one way radio is an interesting idea.
Full radio communication in a "entry level division" doesn't jive with my interpretation of entry level. During a caution, simple hand signals between the driver and crew cover pretty much everthing IMHO. (or at least they used to.....)

ramit1824
02-26-2008, 02:01 PM
I think radios would be a good thing in the bb division not sure if they would go for them in the enduros.

KickItUp
02-26-2008, 02:09 PM
One way radio's are perfect, and drivers have been asking for years for something of that kind.. But racing radio's? Not a good idea in my opinion.. If you look at it this way, the BB races have the most cars, the least amount of cautions, and pretty good racing most times.. Without radio's..
I don't think they need crew folk jammering in their ears, they seem to have it figured out on their own.. Just my opinion..

RacinRob
02-26-2008, 06:40 PM
I dont think the bb should use full blown two way radios but definitley the one way race scanner to help with resetting the field and black flags!

W. J.
02-26-2008, 06:44 PM
I dont think the bb should use full blown two way radios but definitley the one way race scanner to help with resetting the field and black flags!
Exactly Rob, that's what would help more than anything with moving the show along. We can hope.

Viper Man
02-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Can you use a radio if you want now in the BB divsion

W. J.
02-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Radio use in the BB division is NOT sanctioned by the track at this time.

The Bullfather
02-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing one way radios with officials for the class.

LongIslandJam
02-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Be careful what you wish for. One-way radios can be great in a chaotic division like Enduros and for emergency situations, but remember, you are at the mercy of the one controlling it. I know some tracks try to watch each and every car, and unsuccessfully do so. As a emergency system, great, but hopefully it doesn't turn into a spotter-for-all.

PS - There are systems out there that allow to an additional voice for officials to announce key events (like cautions, position, etc.). That could be included as well.

However, everything has pros and cons and theories, all ranging from no radios to full two-ways. Not all of them wrong, nor all of them right. Just different ways of tackling the issue.

The Bullfather
02-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Well I don't think it should be used as a spotter but for slower cars to remain on the bottom or car leaking being black flagged. It could be a big on positions after cautions.

richardpetey
02-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Radios are OK, as long as they play the OLDIES....................:cool:
Problem is: Too many DJ's get in the way of a classic tune..................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

RGeeProductions
02-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Radios are OK, as long as they play the OLDIES....................:cool:
Problem is: Too many DJ's get in the way of a classic tune..................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hey Petey,
Wadda say. A '53 Buick, straight 8, AM radio? Still had tubes then....LOL

richardpetey
02-28-2008, 02:25 PM
The sound would be reverberating , I feel........................:drool:
That '53 Buick is one heavy piece of steel..................:help:
The "vibrations" of the fifties and sixties would keep me mellow.................:cheers:
Until I heard that dreaded radio voice, "the tracks gone yellow"....................:(
With radios, mirrors and more rules than I can appeal.............:*-(
I can't wait for the next step: racing training wheels..................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: