PDA

View Full Version : WNMT Top 5 Contest - 2008 -Info & Rules

Precision Auto
02-26-2008, 12:49 PM
We're bringing back The Top 5 contest for 2008 - rules and winners remain the same:

The ending Top 5 in points will receive:
1st: $250.00
2nd: $150.00
3rd: $100.00
4th: $ 75.00
5th: $ 50.00

1. Any forum member may make picks, provided they have their REAL First and Last Name in their registered profile. This is the only real requirement to be a member in our forums and registration is FREE.
2. Picks will consist of a "Pole Winner/Heat Pole Winner", determined by NASCAR, and the "Top 5" finishers, again, as determined by NASCAR's official finish.

IMPORTANT: Picks will be posted in this fashion:

36-Ted Christopher

1. 16 Mike Stefanik
2. 36 Ted Christopher
3. 48 Tony Hirschman
4. 59 Matt Hirschman
5. 99 Jamie Tomaino
Driver name takes preference over car number.

3. All picks must be posted before time trials/heats start. Any picks after such time or any posts edited after such time will be considered void, period. There will be more than enough time to pick.<---READ THIS....NO EXCUSES..added by RGee
4. In the case that a member may be away and can't post, another member may put up that member's picks. Just on the 1st line before "Pole Pick", note what member the picks are for.
5. Richie will start the Top 5 threads approx. 1 week ahead of each race.
6. Any Chrome Horn and Racerhub personnel can play but will not count toward the prizes: the next in line will move up one spot at the end of the contest. As Chrome Horn and Racerhub can play, but not be awarded prize money, Norm and I will donate $50.00 to www.autismspeaks.org, if any of the above mentioned personnal finishes in the Top 5 end-of-the-year points.
7. POINTS: The point system will be the same as last year. 10 for pole and 10 for each dead on pick. 1 point will be deducted from each position away the finish is from the pick, UP or DOWN from the pick; EXCEPT the pole pick. You have it or you don't on the pole. Pole picks WILL NOT COUNT when there is a cancellation of time trials for any reason and cars are started according to NASCAR points. All will get 0 points if this happens.<---added by RGee

Good luck to all......Linda and Norm, Precision Automotive, Inc.

Axel
02-26-2008, 01:48 PM
You will never beat me Linda. NEVER! Oh wait, you beat me last year. :rolleyes:

I really suck at these contests.

Precision Auto
02-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Axel: A little know fact: pork roll can be detremental to one's mental health!

raceaddict24
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Thank you once again Linda and Norm for doing this, I look forward to defending my "championship"!:cheers:

Precision Auto
02-26-2008, 06:15 PM
You're welcome and let the games begin!! :cheers:

ModTourMan
03-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I'd like to say a big thank you to Linda and Norm for supporting The Top 5 contest again. I'm excited about this years competition. Based on last years results, I'm not very confident I'll do too well but I'm exited none the less! Just like many of the hard working mid pack to back-of-the-pack Mod Tour teams, I'd like to think of us poor Pick Fiver's as being the "backbone" of the Top 5 contest. Without us, the winners could not enjoy their spoils!

Teds Race Tours
03-02-2008, 03:23 AM
You will never beat me Linda. NEVER! Oh wait, you beat me last year. :rolleyes:

I really suck at these contests.

Uh, Axel, everybody beat you last year. you need :help:

Axel
03-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Ted, Disclimer: I did state in the same post, that I really suck at these games.

2008's a new year! So what's the bet?

Precision Auto
03-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Since I won last year, I think Axel and TBax should come up with the bet for the Touched Trio 2008..bring it on....

RGeeProductions
03-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Since I won last year, I think Axel and TBax should come up with the bet for the Touched Trio 2008..bring it on....

Still waiting on that answer.......
I will be putting up the thread this weekend for an early start. There is no roster posted yet but we will get'r going and add it when it becomes available.

Precision Auto
03-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Here's my thought for our bet:

If the two of you lose to me again, then each of you would donate $25.00 to www.autismspeaks.com The charity has become a very important one to me.............

If I lose to the two of you - yeah right! - then I will donate $50.00 to www.autismspeaks.com and: each you you gets to come up with a sentence that I have to add to my signature! It will remain as part of my signature until the 2009 game begins............

Let me know what you think..........Linda - the current leader among The Touched Trio!! :wave:

Tooner
03-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Thank you again Linda and Norm and Precision Automotive!

Besides the prize money many charities have been helped.

For those that don't know, they have been sponsoring this for years and it's fun to play. I'm just hoping for a top 20 this time, and getting my picks in each race this year :)

Thanks again guys,

Mike Clayton

PS: I will donate a box of pork roll to the winner of the "Touched Trio", hahaha

Precision Auto
03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Thank you again Linda and Norm and Precision Automotive!

Besides the prize money many charities have been helped.

For those that don't know, they have been sponsoring this for years and it's fun to play. I'm just hoping for a top 20 this time, and getting my picks in each race this year :)

Thanks again guys,

Mike Clayton

PS: I will donate a box of pork roll to the winner of the "Touched Trio", hahaha

Tooner: Two items: You're welcome and PLEASE - no Pork Roll for us!!!

Axel
03-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I am bringing two tubes of pork roll to Caraway tomrrow.