PDA

View Full Version : For sale sign ?

greenflag
02-29-2008, 06:20 AM
I recently read on another message board that a for sale sign is on the property of the Farmer's Market and Speedway. So, what is going on?

Again, I read this on another board, I didn't see it myself.

Thanks for any info.

DEMotorsports
02-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Yes, the sign was put up last Thursday. The track, along with the farmers market, has been for sale for quite awhile now. There is a link for the property. http://www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/ProfileSE.aspx?LID=14963940&linkcode=10850&sourcecode=1lww2t006a00001
This is my opinion... the buyer(s) will see a substantial increase with property taxes. Therefore, in order to keep the track and farmers market open, the racetrack lease and market vendor fees will increase to make up for the higher taxes. Can a racetrack afford to exist with raising the price of admission and still make a profit? Same goes for the farmers market vendors and their profits.
One can only guess as to what the future will be for the racetrack. Maybe a good group of investors can come in and revamp the farmers market along with the track and make it an attractive business for the area.:)
Duane Eidem
"Strive for Excellence"