PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta - Sunday

hollywoodmic
03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Dave Sapienza has signed JC's in Manorville as a sponsor for the 2008 season. We are going to have about 10 race watching parties during the year. The parties will be sponsored by Budweiser. So come on down this week to JC's in Manorville at The Pine Hills Country Club. I'm sure if we get enough people down there we will have some pools. JC's is located on Wading River Rd. in Manorville, it is South of Exit 69 off the LIE and North off of Sunrise at Exit 59. We had a great time at the Daytona 500 party, let's keep it rollin at JC's.

Thanks

Steve Halpin

greggforce01
03-04-2008, 09:30 PM
All racers need sponsors, that I understand. But why get a sponsor for someone who owns a business of his own and not someone stuggling day to day? :confused:

bulldozer
03-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Yes he does own his own business but does that mean he doesnt need sponsors like all of us other guys out there. Im sure his business has tons of bills and struggles like any business out there. Everyone needs help. The ones that get sponsors are the people that hustle putting there name out there and treat people right. Sap is that kind of guy. If you ever needed something he would be there.You go sap your my pick to win the points.Its your year 2008. Ill be there for one of those sunday parties but the drinks are on you.:cheers:

Golf Guy
03-04-2008, 11:00 PM
As someone who owns a business and tries to help sponsor as many as I can I applaud Dave. When I look to sponsor someone two things come to mind:
1- The driver is a well like competitor that will represent a business well- Dave is that
2- A clean competitive race car- check

As Chris said, just because you own you own business doesn't mean you automatically should have to foot the entire racing bill if you can help it. Sounds like Dave did his work and will benefit from it.

vsmidge68
03-05-2008, 05:20 AM
As someone who owns a business and tries to help sponsor as many as I can I applaud Dave. When I look to sponsor someone two things come to mind:
1- The driver is a well like competitor that will represent a business well- Dave is that
2- A clean competitive race car- check

As Chris said, just because you own you own business doesn't mean you automatically should have to foot the entire racing bill if you can help it. Sounds like Dave did his work and will benefit from it.

DITTO!! Congrats Dave........

RovinPromotions
03-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Sponsor hunting is hard especially in todays economy,nice job SAP on landing JC'S. When i pitch for a sponsor and the driver owns a business,the possible sponsor says nothing about that. And believe me i have placed sponsors on business owners race cars. Golf guy you and I had that luxury with George Sprague,a real class act and a very marketable driver, which makes it easier to sell space on a car.

Vinny :wave:

Tower Man
03-05-2008, 08:03 AM
As a business owner myself kudos to Dave. My company continues to seek out sponsorship for my two race cars and a few others. Why should Sap's business foot the bill? If he has marketed his team and a company or organization can benefit from his efforts, why not?

And why is it every time a driver or team gets a good sponsor, there are a handfull that find fault with it? I believe it is jealousy.

Hey Golf Guy, great points.

Mortgage Guy
03-05-2008, 09:14 AM
I agree with all of you guys, Gregg, do you own a business?? Pay rent?? Pay Salaries?? Pay Keyspan?? Phones?? Health Insurance?? Payroll taxes?? UPS?? I could go on and on about the responsibilities of a business owner. When all of those expenses are taken care of that doesn't leave to much money for racing now does it?? I for one say congrats to SAP and I will be there on Sunday, hope to see everyone down there.

rydogg97
03-05-2008, 09:17 AM
very good points guys!!!congrats to dave on the sponsorship!knowing dave,he works hard to keep his biz going strong as do the other biz owners that have posted and i think that being the owner you work a lot harder both physical and mentally to keep biz running!!so good luck with new sponsor and see you at jcs!!:cheers:

LongIslandJam
03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Sponsorships often go (and should go) to those who are qualified - meaning, those who represent a company well. Many of these teams have spent the time and effort to approach businesses properly and effectively.

Many of the teams who do not represent themselves well to businesses find themselves with a blank car. They may have the most need for it, but it ultimately comes down to the sponsor wanting to get something out of it.

Mortgage Guy
03-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey, don't forget that you have to move your clocks ahead an hour on Sunday. Don't be late.