PDA

View Full Version : promoting great racing

DODGE99
03-04-2008, 03:20 PM
This past weekend i attended the Speedway Expo in west springfeild Mass. it was the first time i had been there and i thought it was great. What i did notice was among the many many vendors there selling massive amounts of racing equipment, safety items, and showing off the latest in circle track racing products, many of the racetracks from the tri state area had booths set up promoting their racetrack. WOW isnt that something executives from each race track trying to show off the "good" in their race track and trying to get more people to come out each and every week! Why doesn't Riverhead include themselves in something like this???? Instead all i keep hearing is every NEGATIVE thing that people can think of talked about the place, i love Riverhead its a great fun race track to race on, very competitive, but NO ONE talks good about the place! Instead of running around and asking anyone with an OFFICIAL shirt on last year to be cheif steward i think there should have been a lot more thought into it, like actually find someone who ACTUALLY CARES about the place and would include themselves in something like this Speedway Expo to promote and generate interest in the only racetrack we have left on Long Island! And its funny because 98% of the people who talk about all the negatives of Riverhead Raceway WILL BE THERE from April 19th and every saturday night after that because it is the LAST racetrack on long island!!!!!!!!!! It's about RACING and doing what WE ALL love, and if Riverhead Raceway is the closest place we can all do that, lets start bringing out the POSITIVES about it, because that is what is going to keep short track racing ALIVE!!

And if you dont agree, dont show up to the racetrack, pay the entry fee and then talk bad about the place, that makes you a complete hypocrite!!
:disgusted

Tommyj16
03-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Nice post and WELL SAID!!!!!!!! If and when Riverhead does ever close every body will say Gee I wonder why this place closed now, where are we going to race? Maybe this April everybody could have a positive influence in Riverhead and then we all can see the difference on And off the Track. :cheers:

Hollywood
03-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Dodge99
WOW PERECT! This might mean spending money.... OOOOPS did I say that? It all goes back to advertising and what I've said from the beginning.... Look, I am one of the last office supply businesses on the ISLAND myself... I know that you have to advertise and show the people that they aren't saving money buying from the big stores! Riverhead just has to be a little more proactive and they will survive. We all know the Cromarty's are getting on in age and bless them for keeping the track alive, BUT it will die if the powers that be don't do some promotion. And as a race track it will not be marketable to any future buyers if it doesn't fill up every week. Lowes? Sound familiar?
Good job DODGE99