PDA

View Full Version : looking for info

RovinPromotions
03-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Does anybody remember a racer by the name of Ray Blackmore, I am trying to find info on him.If anybody can help me out here, i would appreciate it.

thx Vinny:)

Tracy87BB
03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Vinny, going back a number of years, I knew a guy by the name of Robby Blackmore, who - if I remember correctly - was Ray's son. It has been years since I have seen him or heard from him, though. Last I knew, he was living in Riverhead.

W. J.
03-04-2008, 07:11 PM
I can tell you that Ray Blackmore ran the #67 Bomber at Freeport, was always referred to as 'Young Ray Blackmore', and that he was listed as being from Flushing NY. More than that, I do not know.

RovinPromotions
03-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks too all,you guys are fast man hahahah:wave:

wayne
03-04-2008, 07:42 PM
I believe Ray passed away in last year or two. And his son is still floating around Riverhead.

broz
03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I grew up with Robbie and I knew his father Ray very well. I did hear of Ray's passing. Ray drove bombers at RR and Freeport.
Saw Robbie many years ago in Flanders when I was up visiting. Have not seen or talked to him since, but I'm going to call a mutual friend of ours (from our childhood) this evening and see if I can catch up with him.
Was there anything particular you wanted to know Rovin?

DriveitinDeep
03-04-2008, 10:56 PM
I remember Ray Blackmore had a red Camaro (Grand Am Division)(Number 12) that he ran at Riverhead circa 1979-80.

RovinPromotions
03-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Thank you everyone, I knew the name but couldn't remember the car [gettin old] hahah.The wife ran into his grandson yesterday and the topic of racing came up,and he asked her if she ever heard of Ray. Once again thanks to all who answered,:wave: