PDA

View Full Version : ready for change? again?

The Bullfather
03-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Analysts say T-Mobile MAY acquire Sprint; T-Mobile Series?: Sprint Nextel may be a takeover target, according to one of the nation’s largest investment banking firms. Deutsche Telekom, owner of T-Mobile and the world’s sixth largest phone company, may consider acquiring Overland Park-based Sprint to block a price war in the mobile phone industry, analysts for Merrill Lynch said today. The Wall Street firm said Sprint’s operational problems and shaky position in the U.S. wireless industry may force the company to cut prices even further to attract customers. T-Mobile generally is considered to be the low-cost alternative among the top five U.S. mobile phone companies. Last week, Sprint introduced an unlimited voice and data wireless plan that undercut other U.S. companies. Lynch, which advises its clients to sell Sprint shares, said it is not aware of any acquisition discussions.(Kansas City Star)(3-7-2008) -jayski.com

really now this is ridiculous if this happens!

SuperShafts
03-08-2008, 03:39 AM
I had nextel, and well i gotta say i hate sprint there cust srv is the worst since they fully took over recently...wasn't a problem till like the past couple months..

Everything is merging or just going away.

The Bullfather
03-08-2008, 10:10 AM
When do we get the verizon cup racing series? Can you hear me know? GOOD!

LongIslandJam
03-08-2008, 02:54 PM
You can break up Ma Bell, but eventually it will return to where it was. There's only so much room for so many companies in the telecommunications business. It's a shame though. What NASCAR needs right now is a hiatus on change (which they're trying desperately to do), but unfortunately their sponsorships are not allowing that.

However, keep in mind... The original agreement between NEXTEL and NASCAR was that they could change their name only once. If T-Mobile were to buy them out, it still would stay Sprint Cup unless T-Mobile could crack a deal.

W. J.
03-08-2008, 03:22 PM
... The original agreement between NEXTEL and NASCAR was that they could change their name only once. If T-Mobile were to buy them out, it still would stay Sprint Cup unless T-Mobile could crack a deal.I think they could figure out a way ($$$$$$$$$$) to do it! Hey, let's remember, this is NASCAR. LOL!!!

NJ Chick
03-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Time to get away from these phone corporations.....I think Dixie Paper Products should sponsor NASCAR next, new name could be "The Dixie Cup":p

The Bullfather
03-09-2008, 10:06 AM
:lol:As long as it's not a sponsor from a sports support product!!! The CUP cup!:lol:

Crazy Horse
03-09-2008, 10:25 AM
I was happy to see that the Dairy Industry is trying to get their name associated with NASCAR,especially butter..they want to call it the"B"cup.