PDA

View Full Version : Hey Kyle Busch!!! What's the deal with Dale Jarrett and Michael Waltrip???

capitalcity300
03-10-2008, 05:05 AM
Hey Kyle Busch!!! What's the deal with Dale Jarrett and Michael Waltrip???
With a couple of laps to finish of the race, they was blocking you!!!
#1. Was they trying to keep you from lapping them??? Don't they raced Toyota race cars. :confused: :rolleyes:
#2. Holding you up, so that your team mate Tony Stewart would be Toyota's first race car winner???
I'm glad that Kyle Busch # 18 was Toyota's first race car winner!!! :applause:

"Racing History is like looking for Gold, finding it in Bits'n'Pieces" :cheers:

broz
03-10-2008, 08:53 AM
More importantly...

Whats the deal with the fact those 2 has-beens can't get up to speed with the rest of the Toyota guys :confused:

If those Toyota motors are creating more horsepower like Harvick and Roush accuse, what is MWR's excuse?

As a former Toyota owner, I also am glad they made it to victory lane! Right or wrong, they deserve credit. (blame NASCAR, NOT Toyota for letting them in):applause:

SuperShafts
03-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Lol there was a toyota in the field...or a corp nascar design with a manufacture name and number

W. J.
03-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Lol there was a toyota in the field...or a corp nascar design with a manufacture name and number
You hit that nail right on the head. Truth be told, none of the cars is exactly like the street version, body wise, but none is further from 'factory' than that so called Toyota. It's more like decals on a combo of a Ford and Chevy. Oh well, it's the best that Toyota's money could buy from NASCAR. I can't wait to see the Honda, Hyundai, and Nissan version of Cup cars, LOL! Oh yeah, can BMW or Mercedes be far off?

broz
03-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Well Walt, you are not entirely correct...
if they were the "same" or an IROC as some have called it then Harvick and Roush would have nothing to complain about? correct?
Make NO mistake, that is a Toyota "powerplant" under the hood! At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Seems to me that the COT came to fruition before Toyota's entry to Cup. So it's Toyota's fault that they were limited to "body" design :confused:

Just seems that everyone is quick to jump Toyota when all they have done is try to compete in a "free market" economy.

This is just my opinion :wave:

SuperShafts
03-10-2008, 04:09 PM
C'mon there isn't a motor in a cup car you can find any resemblence to anything in any car that is for sale..past or present...and finding a diff between those motors..

The Bullfather
03-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I'd think a Mercedes could be placed in NASCAR. Ford has basically taken their car mold to be like a Benz with the Ford four five hundred car. I rememeber when Dale Sr. was talking about bring in a Cadilliac body into the All-Star race.

I like the little shove Kyle gave Jarret at the end, Michael blocked but went up the track and backed off, Dale decided not too. WAY TOO EARLY, but imagine Kyle bring home all 3 titles in 2009! Gibbs has really brought this kid into their mold, he's been driving with his head and not over agressive with equipment, barring Saturdays Blown motor. Time to get Denny back on the ball.

h.p.
03-10-2008, 04:57 PM
hey bullfather what blown motor? thought it was a tire that put him in the fence

W. J.
03-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Actually during yesterday's race broadcast, those of us who were paying attention heard them say it was a suspension failure that caused the tire to blow, a far stretch from a blown motor.
Obviously, Joe Gibbs has more talented people in his shop than Waltrip does, or there wouldn't be such a difference in the cars week in and week out.

The Bullfather
03-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Thoses of us who were sleeping missed part of the race!!! My mistake there H.P. Also I was out in the rain Saturday looking for stuff for the music venue I help run in Patchogue.

Anyway, with all the time Goodyear puts into testing they don't come away with much on race day or so it seems! BEST part of the race that I saw was the restart, not sure which lap, but headed into turn 1, they went four wide and kept it four wide through the turn. AWESOME! This was for the Nationwide race.

catfish
03-10-2008, 07:09 PM
WJ, its not only better people "in the shop", and I used to be a Jarret fan.

unowho243
03-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I Dont like Toyota in NASCAR... I dont want to hear that o well there manufactured in the U.S.A b.s because the money is all going back to Japan. You all think its nice now but wait until Honda, Nissan and Mitsubishi join into the mix there going to dump all of this money into R&D and make it to expensive to field a new team therefor killing the sport just like F1 :disgusted

The Bullfather
03-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Don't think we'll see Nissan or Mitsubshi or even Saab or even Subaru. They seem content with on and off road racing. Subaru has really cornered the market there, it's a shame Colin McRae died. The only thing Honda could use is the Accord. If Honda did ever get into Nascar I think they would take the same route Dodge and Toyota took through trucks. But I don't think they have the right configurations for a truck to enter into the fray right now. Honda has a good standing in motorsports from IRL, motorcycles in rally style to road course to dirt bikes. Mr. Honda was involved with racing in 1959. For now I don't see any other car company coming into play, doesn't mean they won't!:rolleyes:

broz
03-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Jim, you should stick to drinking beer in Turn 1 :cheers:

F1 is THRIVING! (just not in U.S.) Look at how well Melbourne will be attended this weekend :applause: Sorry, bad comparison dude :disgusted

As for Toyota....what part of "free market" economy don't you all understand? It is the nature of the beast as they say. You all didn't honestly think it would ALWAYS be the "Big 3" in NASCAR?

Dodge is on the brink of bankruptcy and trust me, last time I checked Ford and GM aren't breaking any sales records either! It was inevitable that others would come.

Competition is good and will hopefully get the "Big 3" to raise their game! Let's face it, their game ain't as good as it once was....if that was the case, Toyota or anyone else for that matter would have not had the cajones to venture into NASCAR :applause:

EnduroFromDE
03-10-2008, 10:39 PM
First off as far as MWR goes...i dont know if you recall butall three of MWR cars has to trial ever weekend to get in...That means the practice before fridays time trails are quilifing set ups only. Thats why it takes their car about a 1/3 of the race to get their car set up or "up to speed" Michaels car was staying within the top five cars around halfway, which was still amost a second off the leadersa lap. But of course by the time they got their Race package set up they were already two laps down so was half the field by the time...Busch, Stewart, and Hamlin dont have to worry about quilifing the way in..they have last years points to fall back on...MWR had the same problem last year the #55 and #00 was top 20 nearly every race, thats every race they got into...now MW earned 1149 points last year..if you addd the 100 points he was fined at Daytona it would be 1249 divided by the number of races he started, 14= about 90(about hes averaged points earned a race)...now if he started every race last year, you would times that number by 36 andyou would get 3240, witch would of put him in 23 place in points last year...this year he would of been locked in, there for only worrying about race set up...in the end haveing a better car to start the race...no back to JGR, they set their cars up to race starting Friday when they enter the track...They only adjust to make their cars better..Meanwhile the rest of the go-or-go-homers are still tweeking their car to keep up as they are getting laped...OH by the way all of MWR cars Quilified their way in, in every race this year...all of which is top 35 in points...As long as they keep it up past Bristol they can work on race set up and not have to worry abaout quilifing to race...as long as they stay out of trouble...now as far as another car entering NASCAR...it would probley be the Honda Accord...I would say in 2011...Im not saying in Cup, probley in the Trucks to start in, but by 2015, if we pass 2012, they WILL be in cup or NNS...They try hard to keep up with Toyota and Mazda for kings of Japaness cars in the States...Jaguar too...There X-type, soon the be XF model, had the same Chassis as the Ford Taurus. Of course change the body style a little bit add some leather and put a fancy little Kitty cat on the hood and add about $35,000...and you got yourself a Jaguar...really go pull any electrical, motor, or suspension part out of a Jag and it has not a Jag part number on it, but yet a Ford part number on it...Just like how you can take any Ford Taurus to a Jag dealership and 9 times out of 10 they will agree to work on it...I say bring the Jags back...as far as GM, Mopar, and Ford...HELLOOOO take a part out of the car and look at it...wow what do you seeee....?????"MADE IN MEXICO" Last time I checked Mexico is NOT American...as far as Honda, Mazda, BMW, Jag, Toyota...Honda Accord is assembled in Ohio, Mazda is assembled in Michigan, BMW 5 series is soon to be assembled in South Carolina with their X and Z Series, Half of the Jaguar XK will be assembled here after Ford sells them, since they still have their rights to assembled in the USA. Toyota plants, on the other hand, are jointly operated in California by GMC as NUMMC. So to me it dont matter who's racing or who's doing better then someone else, or what the emblem says on the hood of that fiberglass rapped roll-cage, as long as i have somthing to wathc on T.V. on Saturday and Sundays instead of little Boys and Girls acting like they can sing, just to have some Bloody English guy say how they brutally butchered that song...

Thats just my 2 cents...

Now, let me go back to getting my Mini-Stock ready for my 2008 season...

Wheel Racing
03-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Kyle Busch-1st COT Winner
Kyle Busch-1st Toyota Winner
Kyle Busch-1st Multi Series Champ in same year???

Kurt Busch-Still a tool :wave:

broz
03-10-2008, 11:19 PM
"Kurt Busch is still a Tool" :lol:

Great Post Enduro!!! :applause:

TMAC
03-11-2008, 12:47 PM
looking forward to go to Bristol this week and i hope Kyle can make it 2 wins in a row at Bristol. this guy is a racer!!!!!

EnduroFromDE
03-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Well after Bristol all three of the Michael Waltrip Racing cars (00,44,55) are locked in at the next race in two weeks.:applause: Of course Jarrett would not be running, David is taking over the 44 UPS and a newbie will be coming in for the 00 car. I forget the name but I think he ran ASA, Hooters, or Busch East or something last year under MWR in a 99 Aarons car, and ran pretty good too. Mickey even led a few laps today..lol..even if most were under yellow,:rolleyes: but one or two was under a green flag condition.:cool: