PDA

View Full Version : NJ Motor Vehicle Race track Regulations

4speed
03-12-2008, 11:16 PM
I have just received the book of all racing regulations in the state of New Jersey mandated by the State Police from Sept. 2006 thru Sept 2010. I am going to explain in simple form the more important rules that may be different from another states rules. The more common rules are ones that you all should be familiar with like welding or chaining your doors closed. 1. Driver must wear helmet that meets Snell standards of K, M, or SA and must not be expired by the date established by Snell. All drivers must wear fire retardant suits, underwear, gloves, socks, shoes, and must wear a head and neck restraint system or neck collar. 2. Fuel Tanks regular gas tanks located under the trunk must be removed and placed into the trunk as far forward as possible and properly strapped in with at least 3 one inch - 1/4 thick straps, and a piece of roll cage pipe welded across from one frame rail to the other behind the fuel tank for protection. 4 cylinders that have their tank located in front of rear axle are going to be allowed to stay. 3. Seat Belts - 5 point racing harness must be installed and shall not be used for more than two years from the manufacturer's date. 4. Roll Cage - All cars must have 1 3/4" .09 wall tubing 4 point roll cage. Roll cages mounted to the floor shall use a six inch by six inch 1/4" thich base plate. 5. Seats - A factory installed seat can be used as long as it has a headrest. Seats shall be attached to the main frame, the roll cage, or to a substaintial metal plate using a minimum of six, three line, 5/16 inch bolts. Two bolts shall be installed at the two most practical points at the top of the back of the seat and a metal strap of at least two inches in width and 1/8 inch thick shall connect every two bolts. 6. drive shaft - all cars must have two driveshaft loops.
Most of the other rules you are all familiar with, and there is not much more. The State Police Representatives will be at the Phillipsburg Mall Show on Friday night to answer any questions that you might have from 7pm until 8:30 pm. You can also pick up a copy of the rule book there.
I hope this helps some of you all out, and I hope that you all will make the required changes and be there for the first event at Wall once it is scheduled.

rpkulik
03-13-2008, 02:05 AM
I just got in from the shop. I don't know what time it is, and I hope my wife doesn't find out. There's your rules fellas, get crackin' Maybe if you were wrenching more the wait wouldn't seem so bad.

Whining ain't working.

CJfilms
03-13-2008, 05:51 AM
Thank you Vern... "I" can't post up rules as such because everyone will be mad with the series when we do have our little meeting and everything gets either flip flopped or confirmed....

The biggest issue we are trying to work out in this dead time is the fuel pump issue with the fuel injected cars, it is an expensive route to change these cars over and Wall's tech official is aware of this...he is trying to help us come up with a set of rules that will both allow these guys to run as-is OR keep them legal with minimum changes.

If I start posting things up, and things change as they always do, I know I will have people on here complaining about how they spent money on something they didn't need. First off, there is nothing more than I'd like to see than everyone roll in with the same car they had last year with no changes...but there are a few cars that NEED work and there are some that need no work.

Donny, not to lie or keep being redundant, but when I have answers, so will you. I would love to try another route, but the chance to get Wall on our side and run there full time is a big step...we need to be patient while they decide what they want to do. Worst case, if we need to start looking around, then so be it... You said it best Donny, it is what it is...here's what I have to say to you...do what YOU have to do, don't wait on us. When we have a GOOD announcement to make, we will make it.

Thanks guys!

310fig8
03-13-2008, 07:10 AM
I have one question on the cage. Are you allowed rear kickers from the top of the cage to the frame in the trunk?

mystic1582
03-13-2008, 09:09 AM
The fact of the matter Joe is that people want to race. If everyone defected to "other" tracks i'm sure your core people would come calling once you have established a firm ground to turn left on. Even if the first couple of races are low on car counts i'm pretty sure the car counts would increase and the Neets deal would flourish. If it were me I would tell me racers to look to other tracks until this mess is sorted out; but keep an eye on the site for realistic updates, not promises, not wait until Xmas day, or Monday....It does nothing but make you and your organization look less than credible. I'm not trying to insult you. You and Erin are hard lined to get a track. But all the lengthly drawn out "good" news that never materializes has worn very thin and I could imagine you have lost more drivers over this. As far as The Jersey rules go, If people WANT to race they will find a way to do so.

rydogg97
03-13-2008, 10:08 AM
he did tell you do what you have to do.so unfortunatly that may mean going some where else for a "test session" until this all works out.i think joe is right not to give info that he knows may change.joe and erin have worked hard on this so lets see what happens.remember good things come to those who wait!!!and also i think that people who race neets will stick with it even if it means "testing" elsewhere.folks here are tight knit!!keep up the hard work joe!!thanx:wave:

4speed
03-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Just spoke to one of my good resources, and he tells me things are looking very good, and a final meeting to cross the T's and dot the I's will happen Tomorrow night. Hopefully we will be looking for an announcement early next week. Someone questioned the roll cage, as far as the NJ Motor Vehicle Race Track regulations book states, 4 point cage is minimum. I would advise putting the down bars from the top of rear hoop to rear of car. They would go near or on top of strut towers or springs. Also, an ankle bar on the left front would be good to protect the drivers feet. I'm not sure if they are going to allow anything forward of the top ball joints. I would assume not because Flemington did not allow it. Hope this helps

richardpetey
03-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Hey Bill! Hows Mototown treating ya? Might be up to visit this week.......................:D
Most big cars ran down bars from cage to rear spring towers last year and the NEETS tech guys OK'ed them...................:cool:
Just go by the NEETS rules, the only thing they didn't want to see was bars through the front firewall...............:angel:
Once we get passed this Wall safety bu((sh&t and NEETS(Joe and Erin) take control of the series everything will be OK..............:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

310fig8
03-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the info on the cage. Thats what I have on there now so I guess I will be legal.
Didn't fare as well this week. 4th in the heat and 11th in the main. I couldn't get power from the wheels to the track. They just spun coming out of the turns. We will work on it to correct the problem. The track was a lot drier than last time.
I will not be there this week. Good luck if you go!!!!!!!! Say hi to Jalopy for me.

CJfilms
03-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Unless it was otherwise misunderstood......please feel free to "test" anywhere you want as much as you want! NEETS would never feel offended or have hard feelings towards anyone who decides to race at another venue. :)

Besides, when all of this is straightened out, and it should be soon (but it has been like this for a little toooo long) we will all have a wonderful place to race!

Cross the d@m'd I's and dot the T's already!!!! LETS GET FIRED UP TO GO RACING!!!!