PDA

View Full Version : Wall Announcement on website

Tooner
03-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Not good news, I'm very sorry. This is one of the hardest things i have ever had to do, but i promised you all i would let you know the facts. :mad:

http://www.wallspeedway.com

RGeeProductions
03-14-2008, 10:24 PM
This breaks my heart deeply.
Wall was my favorite short track and I have MANY MEMORIES of Turkey Derby's that I will always treasure.
Tis' truly a sad day for racing, racers and fans.

stabone
03-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Not good news, I'm very sorry. This is one of the hardest things i have ever had to do, but i promised you all i would let you know the facts. :mad:

http://www.wallspeedway.com

I cant believe this.... when rumors were circulating that it wasnt gona open... there was a panic.. people were selling cars...then the rumors of it opening started to surface. The Manager Jim Morton went back to work...the panic had died down and people that sold there cars had bought new ones getting ready for the season ahead and every one was getting pumped.......and now this....To those that dont know Tim Shinn {one of the owners} one of the all around good guys in this sport.... he left the meeting today crying.......

Wheel Racing
03-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Very Sad News!!!!:disgusted

chrome horn
03-15-2008, 12:05 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:
No other way to put it. I feel as if I lost a good friend. A sad day

KyleMac45
03-15-2008, 08:53 AM
I just do not know what to say... as many of you know here that i was a regualr at wall... and my dad the Asst. Flagger.... its just just..... heartbreaking... the place that i have been calling home for the past 5 years now gone... what a shame:*-(:*-(:*-(

RIP Wall Speedway

Kyle McGowan-- Former Wall Speedway Jr. Flagger and Trophy Boy

Jaws
03-15-2008, 09:13 AM
With the economy being what it is its very hard to make ends meet at a short track.

2008 is going to be a tough year all across the nation.

I believe we will see many tracks struggle.

Lets support our local tracks before they are former tracks

ModTourMan
03-15-2008, 11:02 AM
I could write for days and days about my lifetime full of memories that were born at Wall Stadium, but for now I'll keep it simple...

So long old friend and thanks for all of the memories and friends made there through the years!

Chris
03-15-2008, 01:46 PM
:*-( I feel like I just lost part of my family, I will miss my summer nights at the shore. what will we get in it's place more condos or another office park?
I am shocked I feel the anger building inside of me. Why is it we seem to lose the things we love?

randomrodder
03-15-2008, 01:53 PM
My condolances to all the Wall Stadium Fans for their loss. It brings back memories of the day Islip shut down for good. I can relate.

mattphoto
03-15-2008, 03:37 PM
wow what a shame to hear Wall Stadium is closing. I think if I remember reading correctly Martin Truex was the youngest driver to win the turkey derby.

unowho243
03-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Thats horrible i hate to see tracks go lets just keep supporting Riverhead so we do not have the same thing happen.... R.I.P Wall Speedway...

P.S are the Wall rules similar to the Heads? because im sure Riverhead would gladly accept Wall cars to race!