PDA

View Full Version : abc espn bites

ROBBIE8
03-15-2008, 06:49 PM
i have something to say about abc espn !!!i am not to happy with abc espn they break into the race i know it was in a rain delay to cover the crane collapse in the city!!!they could of put it on espn and told us who won!!!

EnduroFromDE
03-15-2008, 06:52 PM
its just been called so the #2 won...I know that sucks...It actully went on ESPN Classics but many people, including myself dont have that channel. Either way, you could always go online and watch it.

SuperShafts
03-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Actually go to there site and make this post...im sure it has a better chance of having an effect for next time..then link that here and maybe you'll get more support

rydogg97
03-16-2008, 09:11 AM
they went from rain delay to crane collapse to full blown news with out going back to find out who won!!!what a load of crap that is!!went to espn and found out on info bar on the bottom that it was called!!:mad:

W. J.
03-16-2008, 10:18 AM
They used to do the same thing in the past when a delay made them run overtime on their schedule. Suddenly, the race was moved from ESPN to ESPN2, which caused problems for those who didn't have both. Now, not everyone has ESPN Classic, so the problem continues. In the beginning of their broadcast of Cup races, FOX did the same thing, moving the race to FX, which some also didn't have. NBC, during their short tenure, even moved a race to TBS for the same reason. So you see, none of them can be trusted. :mad:
I would say this is up to NASCAR to fix. They need to include it in their TV contract that the broadcast start and finish on the same channel. But, since they've already gotten their money, they probably don't care. The sponsors might, due to lost viewers, but they aren't screaming, either, or not that I've heard.

RGeeProductions
03-16-2008, 11:07 AM
That's a very good point on commercials. If they change channels, how do the paid ads work out.....

The Bullfather
03-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I'd figure they have a set time which the paid commercial is going to be played, no matter if the race is in rain delay or not. It has to be written into the contract for the paid sponsor, if they get cutback, which I doubt or if the commercial will air etiher way, race or not!