PDA

View Full Version : How will the season progress? Support the WMT Auxilairy

CTScribe
03-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Plenty of questions about the season are to be answered soon at the Icebreaker. The Icebreaker at Thompson Speedway and Stafford's Spring Sizzler are always great openers.

I wonder how the cost of fuel will affect the teams and spectators? We'll have to wait and see! Hopefully the roller coaster ride that crude oil has taken will drop to affordable levels again.

The small budget teams will have a tough road to pull with the high costs, especially if there is significant damage to their racecars. The schedule offers enough time betweeen most races for teams to reapir any damages, but cash is always a factor.

Before you think I'm spreading gloom and doom, I'm not. I'm waiting to see how the leadership qualities of Chad Little will help promote the Whelen Modified Series..

I'm also reminding everyone to support the Whelen Modified Tour Auxiliary this season. Anyone who is involved in the Whelen Modified Tour is eligible to join. This includes team members, drivers, media members, sponsors, and suppliers are all welcome to join. More info will be available at the Icebreaker.

So before we go spouting opinions about drivers and their abilities, maybe we should see what we can do help promote our series, and to help plant a few bottoms in the seats for the tracks.

We need to thank Phil Kurze and Whelen for being our title sponsor. Phil has put a lot of effort into the racing program, and he comes to the races to wish the teams well, and to listen to what drivers and owners have to say.

He then speaks with NASCAR officials to see what can be done to solve problems. Of course, the flash format was not a favorite of everyone, but it's still racing!

We are fortunate that Whelen has a signed a multi-year deal to sponsor the NWMT and NWSMT.

Our Series could easily become a thing of the past, just as many short tracks have gone by the wayside. Wall Stadium is the latest victim of the times. So let put our support behind the series and maybe make a few appearances with car, driver, and teams. Help to acquaint new people to our series.

To all of the teams, the best of luck this season, and safe racing.

Dave Meredith