PDA

View Full Version : Help.........

wayne
03-18-2008, 06:12 PM
My 14 year old daughter wants to race karts,she has no idea how to drive, nor has she ever been in a go cart. WHERE DO I START?

W. J.
03-18-2008, 06:37 PM
In anything you can find that has conventional steering, 4 wheels and NO MOTOR! Let her practice on that first, then move on.

The Bullfather
03-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Bumper cars! Then move to the county fair on rte 112 go-karts, they are big karts with large bumpers! By time she's ready she'll be 16, have her driving permit and she'll be more interested in boys then racing and you'll save lots of money!:lol: Wayne, she's been around racing, I'll bet she has the knack in her, she'll learn fast. Bring her to a small go-kart track a few times, visit Bosignore Karts and talk with them. They will make sure she's safe and will make sure power is enough she can handle.

unowho243
03-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Wayne take her to the Indoor place in Ronkonkoma Melissa Anthony and I go there all the time its a good place for a child to learn some control skills.
Let me know if and when u want to go...

broz
03-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Wayne, I would start with Playstation 3 or XBox 360, maybe even a PC based Sim if you have it. This way, you never even have to leave the house and you can sit right next to her and coach.
Good way to get started IMHO. :applause:

CheckerWon
03-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey Wayne ,
If you want to get your daughter started in Karting come down to the 1st L.I.K.A. practice on the 3/30 @ Nassau Coliseum. We can get her a test run to see if she likes it ... Artie P. ( if she wants to run a 2 cycle; if not then 4cycle Karts run at Riverhead see Dave Brigati)

wayne
03-24-2008, 04:54 AM
Thanks guy's!!

maestri fan 1
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Hey Wayne, come on out to Riverhead on Sunday and watch a little. If you are interested in getting her started i'm sure Bonignore can help you out tremendously. I work the hill for EEKA and it's a great club. I'm sure you would like it.