PDA

View Full Version : Fig-8 Grades???????

Tommyj16
03-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Where are the Fig-8 grades?:confused:

Tracy87BB
03-20-2008, 06:44 PM
They should be posted on the front page some time in the next few days. If my understanding is correct, JA is just working on the finishing touches...

Tower Man
03-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Tom, you don't need to wait for the Jam grades. Just look at the top 10 in points and you pretty much have them.

LongIslandJam
03-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Joe,

You may have the points, but you're not going to get the full story on everyone's season. There's more to it than a mere number or grade.

Tower Man
03-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks J.A., but there was a post in the Blunderbust section dated March 11th by W.J. which stated in part, "...basically the points tell the whole story." Yes you've added info, I agree. I just feel it is very subjective and I have stated that in previous posts.

Nothing against the top 10 in points, or the top 47 nfor that matter. Everyone worked hard all season and all should be applauded and recognized.

W. J.
03-21-2008, 04:55 PM
but there was a post in the Blunderbust section dated March 11th by W.J. which stated in part, "...basically the points tell the whole story."
That was a generalization of the situation. It would be vvery time consuming to grade each and every driver that entered one of the 6 regular divisions. Since at this point in time, we are usually assured of 10 in each, and 10 is a general number for a lot of things (Dave Letterman's Top Ten list, for example), tha'ts the way it's done. Imagine, if we did them all, someone could end up with an "F", and that would be sad. Also, since we no longer use letter grades, I think the overall outcome is better.