PDA

View Full Version : Confused with situation regarding Mahoning?

Braddock Bandit
03-22-2008, 03:15 PM
This is an e-mail I just received from Gina Hoffman a few days ago. I just got back in town from calif. Sorry Denny,

I just now realized that I never responded to your email. But anyway, I am
not sure what happened with Mahoning and NEETS - I don't get where they're
saying that they weren't welcomed there or are not welcome to come back. So
good luck in 2008!
----- Original Message -----
To: <glhoffman@rcn.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 10:18 PM

> Just wanted to hear it from you direct. Is there any chance of NEETS
> Enduro racing coming back to your track? I was one of the 4 cyl drivers
> "it was my first year racing this class and had a ball at your track". We
> were coming from South Jersey and thought it was well worth the trip to
> race at Mahoning. I personally would prefer to come back to your track
> than go to Wall or whereever they end up. Thanks in advance for your
> response. Denny

richardpetey
03-22-2008, 08:45 PM
No Offense Dennis, but did we race at the same track last year?.............:rolleyes:
They charged us for transponders and couldn't even give us a legitimate finishing order.....................:disgusted
They never cleaned the track from their regular divisions racing the night before.......................:(
The MVS employees treated us with disrespect all year long...................:confused:
To add insult to injury, they wouldn't even turn on the track lights
for NEETS's biggest race(Mutha) program which had to be completed in the DARK.......................:help:
The dog track promoters consistently said one thing and did another.......................:eek:
At least the last MVS promoter was more predictable, the only time he lied to you is when his lips were moving.....................:D
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Braddock Bandit
03-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Ok, I'll back off the Mahoning thing!!!!

WEEZER
03-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey Petey, what do think of this, I don't know how bad the relationship is between NEETS and Mountian but would'nt it be cool to have a NEETS vs Mountain Madness drivers at mountain. Have all the drivers sign in as a mountain driver or neets driver and race together all season long (I know mountain has already started) earning points and then seeing who has the most drivers in the top ten, neets cars or mountain cars.

Braddock Bandit
03-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Petey, That was my first season racing enduro's so it was all good to me. A lot of learning to do I guess. But track selection is not the greatest in south Jersey unless you want to run on dirt and I can do that every day on my farm! Hopefully see you all soon somewhere. :cheers: PS Trying to get a truck togather to add some more excitement to those races

richardpetey
03-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Thats a great idea, Weezer! The only problem is most of the NEETS drivers GO BOTH WAYS ALREADY.................hehe....................:e ek:
Dr. D. and me are the only ones still boycotting the "hazleton hebrew" and his stolen enduro show..................:rolleyes:
But, I could see promise in your idea if we could get drivers to commit to one side or another......................:applause:
THEN, I might come back to mountain for a winner take all secret decoder ring 300 lap lock up the tech guy and tie up the promoter anything goes enduro..............:cheers:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
03-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey Dennis, Whats wrong with racing on DIRT...?:confused:
Seems like to me Dirt tracks are the only track left on the East Coast that dont have Enduro's, already, or have not had NEETS already. Bridgeport Used to put on one heck of an Enduro back in the 90's, I'm talkin over 125 cars each. I say, why not do it again...Or here's a better idea how bout you, R.P., Dr D. all build 4 cyl cars and come race with us down at Bridgeport 1/4 DIRT track, like some of the other NEETS drivers, including myself, we can use the extra cars right now, or that too will be another series down the drain.:help:

richardpetey
03-22-2008, 10:16 PM
No worries Dennis! Your new blood on the enduro circuit and your enthusiasm is great.................:cool:
The reason I run with NEETS can be summed up in one word: RESPECT..........................:)
NEETS appreciates you, where as most tracks and promoters treat you like a freak traveling circus..................:disgusted
Its good people like yourself that keep me running enduros instead of some of the cry babies in the "so-called" higher divisions...................:)
UNCLE PETEY..............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

WEEZER
03-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Hey Petey, isn't it ironic that enduro drivers are looked down upon at a lot of tracks, but yet in the same breath, almost every track around is starting there own enduro class. Most promoters know the expense of racing is dropping car counts in the higher divisions and enduro racing is the going to be to the largest car count!!

enduroracer131
03-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Petey, im not racing the mountain enduros either, Stayin faithful to NEETS.:cheers:

CJfilms
03-23-2008, 07:45 AM
I missed a lot online yesterday! I guess I should have figured everyone would NOT have been spending the holiday weekend away from the PCs...

First off, lets start with the original thread topic...Dennis, I have no problem racing at MVS...at least would BE racing. It's not so much the disrespect as it is put here...it was a typical topic problem...$ NEETS needs time to grow, like a plant, if you plant a NEETS seed, it takes time for the series to have 50+ cars, not something in one season...anywhere! So, when MVS realized, they were barely making money at all, they instantly disliked the enduros. After the first couple races, they lost heart...again, it's like a plant...you have to have faith. You can't just pull the plug upon first indication you didn't do well...like any start-up business in its first year, you have to expect to spend more than you make...but over the years, you counter balance the original money sacrificed. So, to truly answer your question, NO, NEETS racing at MVS is not a completely dead issue...BUT, they need to be open to the idea that it will take time for the series to build...money spent now is money being invested in a long term, HIGH YIELD, investment...

Secondly...Thank you all who have been TRUE TO NEETS, words cannot express how much we all appreciate what you do for us. In case anyone who does not race with NEETS is reading this, I would like to point out something MAJOR here... NEETS is about respect to the driver...cheap and affordable racing...family fun. We respect everyone who races with us even is it is for one race or for a lifetime! I want to find us a home where we won't have to charge for transponders at all...entry fees would be cheaper than anywhere...and you would get more bang for your buck! AND I want to make an environment family friendly so that no one is embarrassed or afraid to bring their children to a NEETS event. The money we make (mainly Erin and myself) is not important to us...I want to make enough money to pay into the points fund each race, pay my employees, pay for the trophies and advertising, and a little extra for safety's sake (prices differ race to race). Sure I would like to make a buck off the races...but that is not our (Erin and I) reason for being here...we are doing our best to keep this series alive and keep the drivers ON THE TRACK!!!

Now...speaking of track...I'm not trying to get anyone too frantic about this sentence, but check the "Hop Happy" thread, I am posting up some info there next. :)