PDA

View Full Version : The U.N.D. (Unofficial NEETS Dictionary)

EnduroFromDE
03-24-2008, 10:42 PM
My Brother was on this Forum a few days back going through older post but did not understand some of the topics everyone was talking about. So I desided since its like 11:00 PM-ish and I have nothing else to do but sleep, and well I'm not tired, to post a little UND or the Unofficial NEETS Dictionary. If anyone would like to add to this, just post it here or email me and I will add them to the list. Thank you...

The Unofficial NEETS Dictionary

The Beaters With Heaters: Normally run in January, a race that traditionally kicks off the beginig of the NEETS Season. This race, stared in 2004, still holds the record for most 4 cylinder cars entered in a NEETS Race with 96 "Beaters", held back in 2005, in only the second season

Beaters with Windows Closed and the Heat on Low: With the origianl "Beaters w/ Heater" being postpones the last two years and being held in the Summer time, this name was suggested by Eric Drews of New Jersey, to replace the "Beaters with Heaters" after a late start in the NEETS Schedule.(Eric Drews)

Dictionay: The Incurrect way of spelling Dictionary, unless it is 11:00 PM-ish and you cant go back and change the title of the Post.

The Fem-Duro: A Non-point, Tag-Team style race, held annually on the NEETS Schedule, involving one male and one female, taking turns in a 50 lap race. Wifes, Girl Friends, Mothers, Daughters, Dog Groomer, or any other Female may participate with the male. Ladies First, seems to be the yearly norm, with the males taking over in the same running order as the females finished.

The Frankenduro: An Infamouse Event held yearly on the NEETS Schedule casted around Halloween. Most Beaters are dressed in body parts otherwise unknown to the outside realms, sometime you may see a car or two dressed up as well.

The MUTHA of All Enduros: One of the most circled Event on the NEETS calendar, hosted towards the middle of November. With the Amount of laps, talent, entry fee, and new drivers doubled in the event, the Payout sometimes are trippled, not to mention the intensity, having in 2007, 3 drivers had a shot at the 6/8 cyl Championship, and 5 drivers had a shot in the 4 cyl. With over 500 laps of racing, The Mutha is the busiest single day Event for the NEETSites.

NEETS: North East Enduro Tour Series

NEETSians: Residents of NEETSville. Most of these folks are 'lefties', not 'righties'.(Eric Drews)

NEETSified: To become in the state of NEETS (Eric Drews)

NEETSites: The People of NEETS, Including, but not limited to, Official NEETS Officials, NEETS Drivers, NEETS Drivers Family members, NEETS Forums' members, and NEETS FANS. (Joe C.)

NEETSville: (AKA Enduroville) Wherever NEETS desides to roam. Normally followed in packs by the NEETSites.

NEETS FANS: North East Enduro Tour Series Fans Attending NEETS Spectacles (ME)

NEETS Road Rally/Scavenger Hunt/Enduro Race: An unofficial Event held Between the Long Island Expressway to the Garden State Parkway, in which participants, not including officials, will particiapate in a sequence of Events. First all participants would search for their hidden Transponders while taking out Toll Booths. If you succeed, only then will you be entered into the 100 lap Enduro Event, which would be held at the Cheesequake Rest Area, with a mandatory pit stop on lap 50 at the Cinnabon/Starbucks. An one-time only Maaco special paint job and one year all paid EZ Pass will be awarded to the winner. (Cindy)

Pennsyltuckians: Well, you got me, I dont think anyone knows this one, Petey??

PM-ish: A round about time in which is the present or in which a perticular Event will take place, when a direct time is not given. (Joe C.)

White Lake Speedway: Although unofficially named yet, it is the unofficial Enduroville for the NEETSites for the 2008 NEETS Season.

NOTES: (newly added, (founder of word/phrase))

Now this is just to take everyones mind and questions away from Joe and Erin about where, when, and how NEETS will be running this/next year.

drewsent
03-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Some new words from the creator.

- Incurrect -- based on context, it would appear to be a synonym of incorrect.

- rome -- It used to be a city in Italy, but now the city has been verbed (I'm not sure if that is a good thing, or a bad thing), with a meaning of 'to wander or travel'

- NEETSians -- residents of NEETSville. Most of these folks are 'lefties', not 'righties'. (Yup, its mine from quite a ways back).

Regards,
Eric Drews
Drews Enterprises

W. J.
03-25-2008, 10:04 AM
- rome -- It used to be a city in Italy, but now the city has been verbed (I'm not sure if that is a good thing, or a bad thing), with a meaning of 'to wander or travel'
I always thought that's what 'roam' was???

Mike Fields
03-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Hmmm, looks like Eric stole WJ's job... and is doing a damned good job!

drewsent
03-25-2008, 11:44 AM
If you remember from way back down in the grades, spelling counts!! Trust me, I'm not perfect. As for stealing someone's job -- not a chance, but a (unofficial) NEETS dictionary deserves words that have been misspelled, misused, or created by various NEETSians. The originator just added a few of their own to the list.

Regards,
Eric Drews
Drews Enterprises

W. J.
03-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Oh Eric, I could make you a list.................LOL! (And that's just Joe C.'s and Uncle Petey's)

CJfilms
03-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Don't you all forget...

Pennsyltuckians: ...

Well, I'll let Uncle Petey handle that one! :p

Lad3der
03-25-2008, 07:54 PM
they are people from pa

EnduroFromDE
03-25-2008, 08:02 PM
What so NEETSified about that definition. :lol:I thought people of Pennsylvania where called Pennsylvanians:confused:

No offence Matt, but I think there is more to it then people of pa...Maybe people that was born in PENNSYLvania, but grow up in kenTUCKY, or vice versa. If no response from R.P. within a few days, your answer will have to do...:applause:

Tracy87BB
03-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Just be patient...I'm sure Petey just needs some time to put it "just right," as only he can...:applause:

nobandwagonhere
03-25-2008, 08:45 PM
I do believe "Pennsyltucky" is self explanatory...for those who dont quite get it...EXACTLY...lol

Tracy87BB
03-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Perhaps it's something only those of us who travel through the "toll curtain" (whether coming or going, as Petey has made the trip to visit Riverhead) fully comprehend...

richardpetey
03-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Defining NEETS can't be done in just a passing notion................:disgusted
Its a racing family"s spirit, a newby"s glow but mostly poetry in motion..........;)
Sure! Pick your car and number in this great enduro game...................:rolleyes:
But by the end of the year you'll be answering to a NEETS nickname............:D
We celebrate our holidays on a track racing together..........:cheers:
Jersey rednecks, Pennsyltuckians, toll-curtain escapees, where ever..........:applause:
We have survived promoters greed, closing tracks and financial starvation......:eek:
But, being a tight family, we will move on to another location...........:cool:
NEETS racing is not measured by the number of breaths we take today.......................:-|
But by the moments that take our breath away..............:cool:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Braddock Bandit
03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Jersey Rednecks=Hillbilly Deluxe Racing
NEETSbeque= Anything coming off a grill in the pits :cheers:

pappywrench
04-01-2008, 07:49 PM
"UNCLE PETEY" The Don Rickles of NEETS. Thought to be cause of the phrase "SNEEKY PETE" Unwary techmen have had the wool pulled over their eyes by him. The master of the "GRAY ZONE" and the letters DQ lurk in the shadows around him. :wave:

RGeeProductions
04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
DQ = Don't Quit

richardpetey
04-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Its true, I like to test the rules for an event...................:angel:
Nothing wrong with keeping the tech guys focused on interpretation and intent........................:rolleyes:
Some racers are happy just going out for a spin...................:confused:
When I strap on those belts I'm in it to win.................:cool:
Every week I dial in my racecar using the rules like a tailor...............;)
Cause you can't win a race leaving your car on the trailer.............:help:
I've been called; "Cheaty Petey", "Mr. D.Q." or the "Gray Zone Master" its all the same...............:(
It takes not only a good car/driver but some "creative engineering" to get to Victory Lane...................:D
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: