PDA

View Full Version : Got a NEET idea?

CJfilms
03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Well, there's no question that the 2008 season will certainly be a 'modified' one...

Rather than struggling to get a whole season off with 6 - 8 of the same old enduros we always run...let's all get together on this and come up with some ideas that would help give the races we do have this season more of a BANG!

I'm not suggesting reinventing the wheel, just 'modifying it'.

Got some ideas? Post 'em up here! Let's see if we can turn some of these ideas into races! I have a few ideas already up my sleeve, but my ideas are thing's "I'd" like to see happen...I want to know what "you" want to do!

Post them up here or feel free to email me, joe@neetsracing.com

EnduroFromDE
03-25-2008, 07:21 PM
I may be a little bias in saying this being there is a good chance they I may not be attending this year, but how about taking a page out of the west coast enduro's. It would suck for people to destroy their cars in the 3 or 4 races that we'll get this year. Of course with the track owner's consent, maybe weting/soaping the track down before the race. This will keep the speeds down and hopefully avoid any hard, unrepairable hits. Plus it would be better for the fans watching cars slide all around trying to miss each other.

Or maybe a flagpole race. On the start finish line put a flagpole rapped in tires. Drivers must drive around this as they complete their lap. It actully pretty popular over in the west and south. http://youtube.com/watch?v=zICHmOAAzpk

This of course is just some "modifying" suggestions.

pv18
03-25-2008, 08:22 PM
My personal opinion is to keep it simple. I think the most positive thing that can come out of this year is consistency and a rebirth of what made this series what it is...A family environment where ALL are welcome. Once there is some stability and car counts, then it can get creative.

This is only my opinion because we will be there no matter what you tell us we need to drive around or in. The quote that first attracted me should once again be our theme, "NEETS, the most fun you will ever have in the front seat of a car!"

Pat Verwys

jimwhite
03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
leave things the way thay are no soap on tracks. 100 laps of good racing:cheers:

nobandwagonhere
03-25-2008, 08:51 PM
TRAIN RACE - TRAIN RACE - TRAIN RACE......:rolleyes::help::rolleyes:
I pretty much agree with Pat. For what its worth. Hope to see you guys soon???

rpkulik
03-25-2008, 11:37 PM
I was going to call you with this...but since you're asking, I'll toss it into the forum. Every enduro driver should have a calender. You'll notice that there are no enduro races after November 1st. No Mutha, no Turkey Derby no nothin'. Most tracks are closed. Wall's closing has left a void which NEETS should fill. I suggest focusing on a Thanksgiving Enduro and "run what you brung" for the other classes. The timing is PERFECT for us!

GREASELAND
03-28-2008, 01:59 PM
backwards race(reverse)trailer race?Tag team race:eek:

CJfilms
03-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Backwards racing...

I have received a few emails about this already, so I might as well post this up for everyone to read.

For a backwards race (drivers will turn right instead of left) there are two major issues that must be addressed prior to letting cars out onto the track. 1) The placement of the guardrails can make a race track wall into a guillotine.

At both Mountain and Wall, the flow of the gaurdrails ran (assuming you are standing above the track looking down) counterclockwise, meaning a rail was placed between 12 o'clock and 1 o'clock and lapped over another rail that was placed between 11 o'clock and 12 o'clock. This would prevent a loose edge from catching a car assuming the cars are 'going with the flow'.

Now, drive a car 'against the flow' and you have edges that can catch the cars as they pass by and grind against the wall. A hard enough hit could either loosen or pull off a gaurdrail away from the rest of the wall... If a car hits that, it can slice right through a vehicle. The last thing we want to see is a mid-race amputation/impalement.

Mahoning didn't have this problem being that the walls were concrete...but, onto #2...

2) The pit road entrance/exit needs to be properly braced and protected/protective.

If an entrance to the pits is not protected, an out of control car can easily come barreling into the pits at full speed. Also, if the entrance to the track is not easily accessible for pitted vehicles OR if the pitted vehicles cannot see oncoming traffic before they enter the track, this produces a chance for a serious impact to occur.

Now, as for White Lake...I am not sure about the walls or their current state. I do know that improvements are usually made with a new owner/promoter, so are concrete walls in the plans???? I don't know...

As for this year, I can say the backwards racing is a no-go...but keep your right fingers crossed that we can race to the right next year! I would love to see the other side of the cars in the race photos! :p

Like the ideas everyone...keep them coming! Got some great plans for this season!

rydogg97
03-28-2008, 07:11 PM
if the guard rails are welded they wont be a problem.

Tracy57
03-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Not that there aren't a few issues with the idea, like where to hold it, but since you asked, a road course would rock! NASCAR had Bud at the Glen for their road course, we're a little more affordable, so we might need to have the Schlitz in a big parking lot!

Maybe we could run a chicane turn thru the infield - I've been known to do that on previous occasions, so I should be good at it.

-Larry

rydogg97
03-29-2008, 09:26 AM
NEETS AT THE GLEN!!!!COOL!!:cheers:

nobandwagonhere
03-29-2008, 09:51 AM
How about the "Heart-On" race in Feb. that was talked about yesars back but never made it? We still laugh about it...thought it was a funny idea.:wave:

drewsent
03-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Suppose one were to think a little ways outside the box on this one. Instead of running around the track in the other direction, how about running in the correct direction, but run the car in reverse? I'm not sure how well the various transmissions would hold up, or the necks of the drivers for that matter, but it would be interesting.

Are rear-view mirrors inside the car allowed by NEETS rules?

Regards,
Eric Drews

17Racer
03-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Yes, you may have a stock type rear view mirror.

rydogg97
03-30-2008, 10:18 AM
after that race i would love to be a transmission mech!!lol!!that would be an interesting race to say the least!!relocate trans cooler to the trunk!!lots of sore necks after that one!!

W. J.
03-30-2008, 10:35 AM
relocate trans cooler to the trunk!!lots of sore necks after that one!!
Put in a swivel seat and modify the steering linkage (a secret, second steering wheel inside a fold down rear seat, LOL!)

CJfilms
03-30-2008, 11:28 AM
OK, Inspector Gadget....