PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead Raceway

x_factor
03-30-2008, 01:53 PM
yo ectthunder we never agree on anything. and yes Dan thanks for coming out under the rat-rod to speak. this topic that we are speaking on maybe move it. but we might get it deleted? :mad: anytime people speak their minds their post gets deleted. maybe there should be a place where we can speak our minds (being clean that is) and not get in trouble cause i for can tell you Riverhead Raceway is going to be gone within the next 2 years. Lowes is willing to pay 10.3 million a acre need proof my boss is also a head super for E.W. Howell, which builts all of Lowes store next project after pactouge is Riverhead.:cheers:

W. J.
03-30-2008, 03:58 PM
While there IS a Lowes planned for Riverhead, it is NOT planned on the Riverhead Raceway property, but on the North side of Rte 58. Don't want to start any bad rumors here.

wayne
03-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Nobody is paying 10 million AN acre!!! Anywhere. And where the hell is pactouge??

W. J.
03-30-2008, 07:57 PM
$10.3 million an acre X 22 acres (?) = $226,600,000 and that's just for land? I'm not shopping there, they will be way too expensive, lol!

Slight correction to my earlier post, after some research on the 'net:

1.) If you look at how truly narrow the frontage is, it will undoubtedly be the narrowest store on the whole Rte 58 corridor.

2.) A little research shows that while the property owner did want to build a Lowes across the street from Carl's and just West of AppleBee's, it is now going to be a Wal-Mart, after the Suffolk County Planning Commission rejected the Lowes proposal.
See the story at the link below.

http://www2.timesreview.com/NR/stories/R022808_WALMART_GAN

So much for rumors.

The Bullfather
03-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Wal-Mart, going to add traffic!!! A good note, out of towners for mod tour and karts can walk across the street for needs.

Wannaberacer
03-31-2008, 12:52 AM
I hear rumors left and right about riverhead. true or not they all make me nervous.

x_factor
03-31-2008, 05:24 AM
Nobody is paying 10 million AN acre!!! Anywhere. And where the hell is pactouge??sorry patchouge

Golf Guy
03-31-2008, 06:46 AM
Every year someone posts that RH is going to close and this or that is going to be built. I truly believe they do so if it ever does close they can say "see I told ya". I am so sick and tired of hearing the closing rumors....

rabbid1
03-31-2008, 07:07 AM
Sure are a lot of deletes here , When did the Chinese government take over the jam ?

W. J.
03-31-2008, 07:21 AM
Only deletes are for language, duplicates, or self deleted (each shows who deleted and why). We've successfully kept the Chinese govt. out of it. :lol:

RGeeProductions
03-31-2008, 07:43 AM
sorry patchouge

Nope, not yet.
It's Patchogue.....

x_factor
03-31-2008, 08:41 AM
thanks regee.well if its a rumor? Then it's just a rumor which doesn't hurt anyone for speaking their minds! From what hear!!! Just telling you what i hear.since E.W HOWELL builts all lowes.take it for what it is worth!!!

W. J.
03-31-2008, 08:45 AM
take it for what it is worth!!!Okay, we will!

Turbo
03-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Wasnt there a rumor about home depot? PC Richards? Buying the track out? Just curious to see if there is a pattern goin on here....

EDGEnterprises
03-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Well.. FACT is that P.C. Richard & Son is NOT Buying the Riverhead Raceway Property. FACT is that P.C. Richard & Son bought the property between the Toyota dealer and the Hotel... FACT is that P.C. Richard & Son already built the store, so that takes P.C. Richard & Son out of the mix...

x_factor
03-31-2008, 11:53 AM
yes there was. you gotta think about it why would lowes built on the same side as homedepot? built on the opposite side and before homedepot. you take a lot of their bussiness from them.easy access on and off route 58.think as a bussiness person.its a win win for both parties :)

DriveitinDeep
03-31-2008, 12:10 PM
I personally am very tired of the freaking rumors every year. We have been hearing the same old, same old rumors since the Cromarty's bought the property in 1984. The only season that concerns me right now is 2008! We are going to have that season whether the property is sold or not. Who gives a rats *** about 2009, when we have the 2008 season to concern ourselves with.
If and when the track is EVER sold, there is not a damn thing we can do about it. Enjoy it now, just like we have for the last 24 years with the Cromarty's, rumors and all.

Tracy87BB
03-31-2008, 12:47 PM
Good point, DriveitinDeep. With the countdown running low, I would think everyone would be getting in gear for the season ahead rather than worrying about what may or may not happen next year, or the year after that, or the decade after that. I have heard the rumors each and every year since I was old enough to have my NASCAR license, and I've spoken with more than one person who claims to have the "facts," including plans that include building over the raceway. So far, I have yet to see any of the plans turn into reality. While it's there, for what it's worth, we might as well just enjoy it!

W. J.
03-31-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks to everyone who has posted facts here. It sure narrows down those silly, unfounded rumors.
Well said, Driveitindeep, let's get on with this season. There is nothing any of us could do at this point if something did transpire.

broz
03-31-2008, 01:14 PM
I find it quite hilarious that this whole thread and the hooo-ha it's caused, was started by someone who doesn't even make it to Riverhead Raceway.
(ok, maybe once a year?)
At least that's my understanding :confused:

And for those of you not old enough to remember, they've been "closing" the track since the early 70's.

Have a GREAT race season at Riverhead Raceway folks!

x_factor
03-31-2008, 01:40 PM
I find it quite hilarious that this whole thread and the hooo-ha it's caused, was started by someone who doesn't even make it to Riverhead Raceway.
(ok, maybe once a year?)
At least that's my understanding :confused:

And for those of you not old enough to remember, they've been "closing" the track since the early 70's.

Have a GREAT race season at Riverhead Raceway folks!i'm there more then you know :lol::lol::lol::lol:and its true there will a 2008 season.LETS GOING RACE :cheers:

W. J.
03-31-2008, 03:29 PM
So then I guess we get no proof from the person who goes to Riverhead disguised as an empty seat, huh? The thread started with him knowing the 'facts' and he was gonna prove them, but the wind has been blown out of the sails on this ship!
I guess we should let this rumor die in peace, like all the rest have.

RGeeProductions
03-31-2008, 04:14 PM
So then I guess we get no proof from the person who goes to Riverhead disguised as an empty seat, huh? The thread started with him knowing the 'facts' and he was gonna prove them, but the wind has been blown out of the sails on this ship!

That empty seat must have been the only night I didn't go....Darn....

x_factor
03-31-2008, 04:22 PM
go ahead bash me guys like you always do.proof of this tread i was told if i put it on here i will be in a lawsuit so w.j and regee got 2 words for you

x_factor
03-31-2008, 04:24 PM

I'M THERE JUST LIKE THIS YEAR I'LL BE THERE JUST WATCH OUT IT MIGHT BITE YOU IN THE BUTT :lol:

LongIslandJam
03-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Vinny,

Rumors CAN hurt a track. There's been plenty of tracks (I can safely say just about every track in the Northeast) that have had rumors circulate about them. The rumors lower car counts (who wants to build a car for a rumored closing track), thus reducing crowds (who wants to watch a heat race for a feature). Reduced revenue = out of business, even though the track had no plans to close.

Every track is a business entity, and every business has a finite life, but don't hasten the life cycle.

This is directed to every person who spreads rumors about a track's demise. Do me and every other fan, driver, team, and sponsor that supports a short track such as Riverhead a favor. Don't spend your time spreading hearsay. It accomplishes nothing. Instead, spend your time by attending a show or two at your local short track. If we all did this, maybe we would still have Wall, Riverside Park, Tioga, Islip, Freeport, Flemington, and the list goes on. Many of those tracks wouldn't have closed if their revenue met their expenses and/or land value.

On that note, this thread is closed. Let's look forward to a successful 2008 season.