PDA

View Full Version : Tech Inspections Rained Out for April 5th

Tracy87BB
04-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Received from Bob Finan, April 4th:

RIVERHEAD SAFETY TECH INSPECTION FOR SATURDAY APRIL 5TH RAINED-OUT

The first of two scheduled pre-season Safety Tech Inspection dates set for Saturday April 5th at Riverhead Raceway was postponed on Friday morning by co-chief stewards Mike Cappiello and Jim Maggio.

With a forecast that calls for rain throughout the day Friday, Friday night and into Saturday afternoon the decision was made to postpone the activities early so nobody would make the trip to the track for naught.

Saturday April 12th will now serve as the sole Safety Tech Inspection for teams that plan on racing at Riverhead Raceway in 2008. The gates will open at 9:00 am and inspections will run up until 3:00 pm or perhaps a bit beyond if interest dictates.

With the loss of the April 5th Safety Tech Inspection day all teams are encouraged to make plans to arrive at Riverhead Raceway as early as they possibly can Saturday April 12th.

Viper Man
04-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Have a questioin here I was going to have my two cars teched today I cannot make it nezt week can i have then teched the following week?

Russ

Tracy87BB
04-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Yes, they will tech your cars before practice on either practice day. The idea behind the preseason tech is to avoid the lines trying to get inspected, so you can take full advantage of the day to run practice (because you won't be allowed on the track until you have gone through tech). If you need to get your cars teched that day, I'd just suggest you make sure you get out there early, get unloaded and get on line!

One thing to keep in mind...if you go for the preseason tech, it is $5 to get in and get your car teched. On the practice days, you will need to have your NASCAR license and it will be the normal entry fee to get in (and I'm sure Christine will correct me if I'm mistaken, but that is the way it has always worked in the past as there will be cars on the track on those days).

Viper Man
04-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanx tracy what time will the track be open nexr sat am? the 19th

Tracy87BB
04-05-2008, 03:06 PM
On the 19th and the 26th, the gates will open at 9, and practice is scheduled to run from 12-4:30 for Saturday night divisions. At 4:30, practice will be turned over to the Enduro classes.

chealy7296
04-05-2008, 04:43 PM
You are correct Tracy-for both practice days it will be a normal entry fee and you must have a Nascar license. I will be at the track on the 12th if anyone is interested in getting their license before warm ups to avoid the lines. I will have a system in place for those who already have a license to avoid lines. I will let you know about that next week.

PS-Pit passes will now be $30 (thank god no more singles). Pit passes must be displayed at all times so dig up those pit pass holders. I will also have some for sale at $2 each.

By the way--the first person that complains about the pit pass increase is getting 30 lashes.

Hollywood
04-05-2008, 05:10 PM
I love you Christine!

Viper Man
04-05-2008, 05:26 PM
only 30 lashes? bring em on

chealy7296
04-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Boy do I miss you Harold!!!!

Hollywood
04-05-2008, 08:21 PM
BURGERS TOMORROW! BRING YOUR NAPKINS TO DRY YOUR CHIN! AS ALWAYS... THE BEST BURGER THERE IS! MAYBE MORE!

KickItUp
04-05-2008, 10:15 PM
It's been a long day, so please don't mind my rambling.. It was sunshine all day today here in Riverhead, not one single drop of rain. Since when can you listen to the weather man??
Also, $30.. I understand the fee increase, as everything else in life went up this year. But Cromarty's, please.. Sooner or later no one will be able to do it. Car counts are low for this very reason, and no other. Families cannot afford to feed themsleves these days, and their escape, racing, is soon becoming out of reach as well. Add it up, $30 a week, just for the driver, is just, well, it's just getting too far. It's not like that's all you pay to race, you pay for parts, welding, gas, tow expenses, and you need to eat. A weekend of racing is becoming a mortgage payment. This is a forecast of short track demise in my opinion. Middle class folks on LI are having a hard enough time surviving.. Yeah, I know, racers will spend.. But sooner or later they can't.
I am just upset because it signals to me, the end is near.. I am sorry. I just had to get it out.. The little guy is about priced out of racing, and the little guy is the bread and butter.. Without bread and butter, you have trouble.
I apologize, I understand it all, but I literally may not be able to make a full season myself due to costs to struggle to live here on LI..

maestri fan 1
04-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Well here comes my 30 lashes.... lol..... Why the increase i thought you guys were going steady with the 27... I guess this doesn't surprise me...

chealy7296
04-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey Matt- I don't know the reason for the increase. I would assume it is just like everything else in life. Insurance rates rise, gas prices. And I don't know what track you were going to last year but I only charged $28 last year so it is only a $2 increase.

maestri fan 1
04-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah about that.... lol my bad i thought it was 27.... but i remember now it was 28.... Hey it is what it is i guess...

unowho243
04-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Its only 2 bucks Matt spare buying pop tarts for two days and you will be aight!:lol:

Ace
04-10-2008, 10:52 PM
From the ChromeHorn web site it was nice to see that Lee Speedway is SLASHING prices for regular events to $10.00 for general admission.:applause::applause: