PDA

View Full Version : Sad To Say Goodbye

racerwife
04-04-2008, 10:07 AM
WJ... I HAVE NOTICED YOUR CHANGE OF SIGN-IN AND STATUS. I'M SORRY TO SEE YOU MAKE THIS MOVE. THE JAM WILL INDEED LOSE A VALUED AND INCREDIBLY HARD WORKING WRITER/MODERATOR. YOUR FAIRNESS AND SENSE OF HUMOR KEPT MANY OF OUR POSTS STEERED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, WITHOUT TO MUCH STRAYING OF TOPIC OR NAME AND MUD SLINGING.
BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVORS!!!

Karen

check out the blog entry at www.longislandmotorsports.com

W. J.
04-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks Karen, I did my best, and the great majority of people I dealt with through the years were wonderful folks, and I will miss interacting with them here. Not every difference of opinion can be worked out. Sometimes these things occur for the best. I'll still be around, writing when I can, just not in LI Jam blue.

Scotty Wolf
04-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Somebody please fill me in here, what happened? Where are you going W.J.?

debbie33
04-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Walter you will be missed!! Sometimes it is hard to make a ton of people happy. You did a great job and I am sorry that a few people had to spil it for you. Hope to see you around the track this year. We will miss you!!

rydogg97
04-04-2008, 02:07 PM
wj you will be missed!!

Rich Mergl
04-04-2008, 02:54 PM
A Chief in West Sayville Fire Dept made a statement that will always stick in my head. "The easiest thing to do is criticize someone, and the Hardest thing in life to do is, Pat someone on the back for a JOB WELL DONE or a SIMPLE THANK YOU.
At the Fire Trainig Academy in Yaphank they tought to always find good in ,and always defend fellow officers ,to keep the Department strong.
Walter you will truely be missed THANK YOU for a JOB WELL DONE

voodoocadoo
04-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Good luck and we will see you at the track :cheers:

Do You Voo Doo

unowho243
04-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Doose THsi Maen I Dun ned to Spel Corektly Anymor? lol

W.J before I knew you, you and I had our differences but once I got to know you, you weren't so bad lol. You will be missed here on the Jam if it wasn't for you my grammar would be terrible!

I hope you still come to the track!

x_factor
04-04-2008, 07:13 PM
WELL HOW DO I REPLY? PART ME WANTS TO BE CRUEL JUST HOW YOU TREATED ME!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT I'M BETTER THEN THAT.W.J YOU WILL BE MISSED.GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE.:cheers:

maestri fan 1
04-04-2008, 07:44 PM
W.J. for all you have done for me this past month it is a sad thing to hear that you have left the jam. They lost a good person and as Jim said... you taught me how to spell corectly. Best of luck and I hope to see you at the track.

W. J.
04-04-2008, 10:40 PM
I once again thank you all for your kind words. You should also thank yourselves, for you contributed to making racing better for all with your input and ideas. It was generally a pleasure to work with you all, and it was also a pleasure to work with most of my colleagues at the Jam, and I shall miss doing that. But it's time to move on and try for better things for myself, and to continue to try to promote racing and the decent treatment of those who participate at every level. That was my goal when I started doing this, making the image of the racer and fan look better and better, and it will continue to be my goal in the future. Despite the wishes of a few, I will be around for some time to come, continuing the ideals we all hold for the betterment of this sport we love so much.
Thank you all once more for letting me work for you and for the help you gave me along the way.

Ka$h25
04-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Oh, how much I would love to fill W.J's shoes. I would say he got me passed 10th grade, except... :lol:

Well I don't know where you're going, or who's taking your place. However, I'm glad to see you leave, and I'll hate who ever is the next W.J. :applause:

Golf Guy
04-05-2008, 10:22 AM
I always thought Walt was like Michael Keaton in that movie Multiplicity. Where he clones himself 3 times so he can work and enjoy life at the same time. How else can you explain all the time and effort he has given here?
Thanks for all you do, and enjoy where ever life brings you.

racing#s
04-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Geez,for 5 plus years plus,or how ever long it has been,I've been the Enduro photographer(one of them).Having this task,on that days racing eve I would have to send the days event-pictures to WJ. Being a computer retard,I always,always messed it up somehow.I know WJ must've been cursing up a storm at his keyboard,,,lol. I'd say 99.9% of the time,I'd forget how to,or send the wrong pics,send the same pics 3 times,or send only a few at a time,wrong file,wrong folder,whatever it was,it was wrong.WJ had exercised great patience,and every time somehow walked me through the task at hand. Good luck WJ !!!

allhailunc
04-06-2008, 02:30 AM
:cheers: hey this is a real bummer my good friend.straight from the hip no nonsense kinda guy in both his demeanor and his writing.only know of maybe one or two of that kind that might fit the bill but never the shoes.you'll be sorely missed my friend.remember the pen is always mightier than the sword:applause:

W. J.
04-06-2008, 08:43 AM
racing #s, you have me confused with another member of the Jam staff. You and I have never met that I know of, because we were both busy working, but I do thank you for your efforts over the years getting picture of Enduro races when no one else could do it. Those pictures complimented my stories, as I hope my stories complimented your photo work.

Charlie's Angel
04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
:( Walt say it isn't so!! You're leaving us? What would the Jam be without you? You state that you will still be around. You better be. I'll be looking for you in the pits and if we should miss each other there, you can always message me on here and keep me up to date on the gossip. :lol: You know how to contact me. I consider you a very good friend. Please don't be a stranger.

But now I will have to be extra careful with my spellcheck so as not to look like a fool. I have become accustomed to you fixing my errors so I look good. :)