PDA

View Full Version : Speeding in PA...

Tracy57
04-06-2008, 01:54 PM
A friend of mine emailed this to me. Since we all like to drive fast- especially on the track, :D I thought I let you all know about this.

Starting today, Pennsylvania will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1million will go to pay state troopers' overtime. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following:
Rte. 1 north and south
PA-220
I-99 north and south
I-95 north and south
I-279 north and south
I-276 east and west
I-376 east and west
I-76 east and west
I-80 east and west
I-79 north and south
I-70 east and west
PA-60
PA-66
US-22 &322
5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Dodge Charger Police cruisers and are bringing in all of their part timers on full time. If you work in western Pennsylvania, you will probably take one of these highways. It's up to you how fast you are going when they clock you.

KDKA and WDVE & CBS3 confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

Driving Ticket fine increase in PA:
Starting on August 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of PA Law 39:3-29 (failure to show your driver's license, registration, or insurance card at the time you are stopped) is going from $44.00 to $173.00.

Please make sure your vehicles have the proper documents in them. If you jump in the car to run to the store and forget your wallet with your license in it and you are stopped.... Oh well... you just spent $173. And the fine for not having all three documents is $519!!!

Be careful when you are going to school, work, vacation, etc. especially in Eastern PA. Some of these routes are taken to go to a few local tracks. I'm sure you rather spend money on your enduro car than a speeding ticket!

Hope to see you all real soon! :wave:

Tracy

spier racing 93
04-06-2008, 04:38 PM
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_pa_speeding_ticket_frenzy.htm

Tracy57
04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
I send this person emails and some of them she sends back to me saying that they are not true..... So this one went right past her....

I'll have to keep this website in mind....

I do know that speeding tickets can be expensive- my husband got one in Manhattan that totaled $525 ($225 for the ticket and $300 for "Driver Responsibility Assessment") I have the checkbook to prove that one!

Tracy

CJfilms
04-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Aww, someone should help that poor guy sitting on the side of Rt 81, 90 degree weather, traffic speeding by at about 80 mph, the sun beating down on him and he is all alone out there....just him and that little tube-like gun thing he is aiming at traffic???

Yeah, the 'poor guy' turns out to be an out-of-uniform police officer ON DUTY THOUGH! He is aiming at the drivers flying by and reporting to his twelve or so buddies who are parked about a 1/4 mile down the road around the turn...just out of sight. With radio in hand he simply reports 2005 Charcoal Corolla, 85 mph...oh by the way did I forget to mention the limit is 55!!!!

So anyways, I'm heading down the road doing 85, I look over and think: "Poor guy, that must suck being stuck there---oh $#!T......

The lucky officer that got me was pretty impressed that I was pulling over before he was even onto the highway yet... And luckily I was able to get a '3111 - Fine and no points'. So a $107 'donation' later and my fifth ticket that year...this was only June too...I learned to heed some of these email warnings.

Yes, most email warnings and chains are bogus, but every now and then, one comes from a reputable source...like when I got one of these that same day from a friend of mine who IS a cop...

Moral of the story: Drive the speed limit and leave the speeding for on the track!

BlingxBling
04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Joe you got snagged by the brownish-yellow van? They are getting slick, also watch for a trooper to be sitting on an on-ramp doing something very similar, radaring and radioing to his posse of cops ahead...I lost my license due to a speeding adventure...I try to maintain the speed limit, or atleast within 10 miles of it.

witchin8
04-06-2008, 10:48 PM
I know for a fact on I-81 they have a maroon Crown Victoria unmarked and a White Chevy Impala unmarked patrolling often. I saw them get about 10 people in the past 3 months on my way to school.

enduroracer131
04-07-2008, 05:00 AM
I've seen a maroon crown vic PA troop car on rt.380 also, it was halfway between rt.80 and the carbondale exit, went through 4 times, had a car stopped evertime. The troopers by me are very sneaky on rt.78, hiding behind bridges at the bottom of big hills with like 3 or 4 troop cars lined up just waitin.
The one local PD either Bernardsville or Bedminster does the broken down car thing on rt.78 also.

CJfilms
04-07-2008, 07:45 AM
How about this one...

Heading South on the NE Extension (476 S), as I am approaching the Pocono Exit, exit #95 I believe, I see four troopers parked on the other side of the turnpike heading North in plain view...

Oddly enough, no one would speed right by that many marked cars right? About a 1/4 further down the road, another trooper is parked on the overpass clocking the cars! AND, he is parked on the side of the overpass so you wouldn't even see him if you were heading North!!!

Sneaky little ......