PDA

View Full Version : Groundswell robbed...but the show WILL go on!

Tracy87BB
04-10-2008, 08:42 AM
I received word this morning that Mortgage Guy's band, Groundswell, was robbed. Their trailer was broken into and taken were thousands of dollars of equipment, including drums, amps, speakers and mic stands. Essentially all of the band's equipment is gone.

Anyone who knows the Halpins knows that they are almost eternal optimists, and the guys in the band refuse to let this stop them from performing tomorrow night (April 11th) at JC's in Manorville. They still have a back-up head, wires, monitors and microphones. They intend to put together a makeshift set-up for the performance.

The band is playing at JC's in Manorville. They normally go on around 9 p.m.

RGeeProductions
04-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Well that damn stinks....(not the real choice of words I wanted to say)
Sorry to hear this and I hope you get the GDSOB!!!!
Maybe we can list exactly what was taken and all can keep an eye/ear out for this stuff.....

broz
04-10-2008, 09:30 AM
This is just horrible :mad: Wish you guys were local to me and I would loan you some equipment :(
Unfortunately this is a huge problem in the music business right now. The band Chevelle had all of their gear stolen when they rolled through Dallas last year. I also know several local guys who have had stuff ripped.
All the wheel collars, tounge locks and padlocks in the world don't help. If they want it, they're gonna get it!

I would suggest to the guys that they start surfing ebay and craigslist immediately. More often this type of stuff shows up there first. Don't forget the local pawn shops too.

Sorry Guys :disgusted

hollywoodmic
04-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Yeah gang sad but true. They are sort of lucky that they were doing some recording in the house, so some of the equipment was inside. They lost approximatley $8000.00 worth of stuff. As all the band members said the show will go on. If you have not seen Groundswell yet, come out and show some support after this horrible deal. Remember my brother has supported a lot of the race teams out their over the years, try and show some support to him tommorow night. I know he would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steve Halpin

Mortgage Guy
04-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks guys, we lost a lot of stuff:

Vintage Ludwig Drum Kit late 60's(worth 4k) (Finished in Blue Sparkle)

Drum Kit Rack

Two Crown Power Amps

Conditioner

2 JBL 15" Speakers in wooden cases

Mackie Mixing Board

All assorted Mic & Speaker Stands

Basically all they didn't take was our Back up Head, our wires, monitors and Microphones. We are scrounging up whatever we can get and should be ready to go tomorrow night, It just amazes me how people can be that way and just take stuff without a concious. It drives me crazy. We may not sound our best but please come down and support us. We need all the help we can get. Thank you again.

randomrodder
04-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Sorry to hear about the thieft of your band equipment. I hate thieves. Was there any insurance on the trailer and it's content?

Mortgage Guy
04-10-2008, 02:11 PM
No sir, can't claim it. I called my insurance company and they said no...

The Bullfather
04-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I know being involved in the music biz, lots of touring acts get robbed. It's the sad truth. Lots of bands I know go down south and get ripped off, it seems like Fla. happens a lot also like Broz said Texas.

If I didn't have a show I could of helped out tommorrow. Got a killer show ourselves at The Wave.

Teds Race Tours
04-12-2008, 10:02 AM
I hope you guys catch whoever took the stuff in a deep dark alley. That would make me happy. It was great seeing you guys last night, and if I didn't know it was borrowed equipment, i wouldn't have known anything as you guys sounded great. It was funny watching Pumpkinhead sing backup on Vertigo while watching the last minute of the Hockey Game.

CIN
04-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Great show last night. Packed house. You guys sounded great. And everyone enjoyed themselves.

Mortgage Guy
04-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Thank you very much, I guess we were able to pull it off. I am glad we didn't cancel.