PDA

View Full Version : Get ready to get DIRTY!!!

CJfilms
04-28-2008, 08:27 PM
That's right, I have some fresh news for you all who have been oh so patient... :wave:

NEETS will be racing at Grandview Speedway! We are being given a trial race and depending on the outcome and car counts, we be getting loaded up for the long haul with the hill!!!!! :D:D:D

If you have ever dreamed of racing at Grandview Speedway, and couldn't afford a Mod or LM...NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!!!! We will be announcing the race date soon and you will have your chance to get dirty NEETS style!!!

We are getting a TRIAL RACE...that means one!!! Don't sit back and wait to see how it turns out...get out there and race! You may not get another chance if everyone decides to wait-it-out.... Get those cars together and get ready to dirt track it!!!:drool:

And that's not all!!! More news will be announced shortly regarding White Lake Speedway....That's right...NEETS ON DIRT AND ASPHALT!!!!:cheers:

This will be the first enduro race NEETS has ever been a host to at Grandview Speedway AND it will be the first enduro ran in over 10 years!!! Don't miss this chance to be a part of the action!!! To be a part of NEETS AND RACING HISTORY!!!!

NEETS IS BACK IN ACTION!!!!

More info will be posted on our site, www.neetsracing.com shortly!

Thank you all for being so patient...you knew it would pay off didn't you?:cool:

Oh, by the way...SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enduroracer131
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
WOOHOO GREAT NEWS.......TIME TO GO RACIN RACIN RACIN :applause:

EnduroFromDE
04-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey Joe you think my Pinto is NEETS legal...:lol:
Please just dont hit me from behind, unless you wanta get that NEETS After Race BBQ started a little early.:lol:

Anyway...Pending on the date i'll try to be there, race car or not...:D

STU
04-30-2008, 10:15 AM
For this one race, please don't change the rules. See how it goes and if we get more dates then maybe adjust a rule or two.
Have them make the track dry and slick for two reasons:
safety, it will slow the cars down and prevent any "dig in" roll overs.
Competition, the higher powered cars won't be as fast, this will tighten up the action on the track.
JMO

enduroracer329
04-30-2008, 10:35 AM
I will be there to watch. Unless some one got a car and safety I could borrow. I had to sale my stuff to take care of my kids. Let me know.

CJfilms
04-30-2008, 04:57 PM
For this one race, please don't change the rules. See how it goes and if we get more dates then maybe adjust a rule or two.
Have them make the track dry and slick for two reasons:
safety, it will slow the cars down and prevent any "dig in" roll overs.
Competition, the higher powered cars won't be as fast, this will tighten up the action on the track.
JMO

Most of the 'changes' we will be making are going to clarify a few of the gray areas rather than limit anyone...

A major change you will see though...ALL GLASS MUST BE REMOVED! It's dirt...

Bobby Pease
04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
JOE..... any idea of a TEST or 1st race date?

CJfilms
04-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Sorry Bobby...When I know, you'll know...

By the way...I tried to call you the other day...I'll try again tomorow!

310fig8
05-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Does that "glass" rule include a stock windshield? I raced this winter at Mototown and most recently at New Egypt, both dirt, with a stock windshield in the car without a problem.

17Racer
05-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Yes. you will need to remove the stock windsheild and replace it with a screen.

CJfilms
05-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Big issue here...Tires at Grandview for the weekly racing are over $150 each...we don't want the natives to be restless with the new series coming in. I may be repeating myself here...or at least I know I posted this somewhere......

richardpetey
05-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Hey Joe! This is enduro racing.........................:help:
I hope were not going to have to spend $600 for their track tires................:eek:
If thats the case, you ain't gonna pack the house...................:confused:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
05-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Track tires? Well, sure if that's what you wanna call those DOT's...cause you'll be running TRACK on the same old shoes as usual!

EnduroFromDE
05-01-2008, 09:13 PM
(windscreen for those British folks)anyway a nice easy answer to that...since most tracks DONT allow chicken wire or fishing net as a replacment Go down to the nearest metal or steel place...or look on line for some stores locations...Look for whats called Expanding Metal...Get whats called a 1 & 1/2 inch Expanding Metal. It comes in a 5 x 10 foot peice for like $20. take the windsheild out and just bolt this stuff in using large washers...oh and with the rest of it maybe try pertecting your radiator...bolt that in front of your radiator and then zip tie a window screening in front of that...its not "beefing up" but it may save u front overheating and denting ur rad all up...of course you DIRT trackers already know this...

Anyway good luck to all...I'll be there..maybe in the pits...so if anyone needs any help on getting your car DIRTified just let me know...

BBI1432
05-01-2008, 11:30 PM
so what are you looking for as far as a date!?!? :confused::confused:

CJfilms
05-02-2008, 08:13 AM
We will be given a date...that is all I can say. I would like to say early June which would give us enough time to promote this and advertise it properly and get our rules posted with enough time for everyone to make any adjustments...

BUT...we may be told late August, mid May, JANUARY even!!!! I can't give you any ideas since this is out of my hands as far as making a decision here...it will be a Sunday though!

rydogg97
05-02-2008, 02:18 PM
as far as windshields go you can put make a template of windshield and have a piece of lexan cut.i dont like screen because dirt and whatever small thing get in the car.

EnduroFromDE
05-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Hey Jim...think about it...if the windsheild stops the mud...then you cant see...:lol: You rather NOT see where your going, or get hit by a few peices of mud balls...Plus have you seen the price for a peice of lexan that size...its not real cheap...

rydogg97
05-04-2008, 08:40 AM
your right,just thought about the asphalt side of not the dirt.never raced dirt so it was not such a great idea.do they wet the track before the race?will have to come to watch will be interesting to say the least!!in my opinion the price of lexan does not matter as long as i feel safe in the car thats what matters!!thanks for setting me straight on this. jim

CJfilms
05-04-2008, 10:45 AM
We are looking into the "glass windshield remaining" aspect for racing at Grandview, but as of right now, it will have to be removed...

The only way a driver would ever be allowed to race with a glass windshield, permitting the track allows it, would be under the following conditions:

1. It must be in perfect condition...no cracks, holes, nicks (aside from grit hitting it) or gouges.

2. The car MUST have working wipers AND properly functioning squirters along with a 3/4 to full tank of fluid.

3. It would be highly recommended that YOU test your wipers pre-arriving at the track to see how well they wipe...if they leave a lot of streaks, I would recommend buying new ones. Once you get a lot of mud and dirt caked onto those blades, little streaks will turn into mud paths on the windshield...

Trust me on #3, I had a hard enough time driving home after a snow storm on the turnpike with a 4 inch wide streak going across the driver's side of my windshield... Flooding it with fliud wouldn't even help me out....

As for #2..."PROPERLY FUNCTIONING" They would have to squirt your windshield and ONLY your windshield...no hose guns pointing towards other cars! ...as funny as that would be, you funny guys out there...still no.:p

Before we start getting too hyped up about changes...let's worry about the date first!

STU
05-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Let's wait and see what first race is like. We should worry about any rule changes IF we get more dates JMO.

CJfilms
05-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Yes and NO!!!!

Cory, you are right about the rules as for US waiting until after the first race...BUT!!! I hope that NO ONE waits to see what the first race is like!!!!

Bruce Rogers, Grandview's Promoter/Owner, told me about a class that GV tried to start up...so many people decided to "wait and see" that the class died off quick.

Yes, we will wait until after the first race before making any major changes...since repeating myself about there not being any major changes to the rules is not enough...there will not be any major changes to the rules.

The glass issue will be the biggest issue. Besides that, most of what has been written so far is just clarification to the existing rules. Again, there will not be any major changes to the rules. NEETS is not going to suddenly say "no 4-door cars allowed". We may lengthen the description on our tire rule since it has been questioned by so many people on different occasions...that is the extent of any 'changes'.

STU
05-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Joe, I don't think you should be worried about the car count. Any one who passes up on racing at Grandview is foolish if you ask me. I am one of the dozens of drivers that always dreamed about racing there and I am smart enough not to miss this race if it is our only chance. I think 30-35 cars in each class is a safe bet.

dirtmodfan
05-08-2008, 12:17 AM
I think it would be very difficult to race with a windshield. You would be better off removing it and putting in a window screen. You will never be able to focus on driving when you have to constantly worry about wipers and washer fluid. JMO. Take the windshield out and go DIRT RACING!!!

J & J Racing 41
05-08-2008, 09:52 PM
We raced there twice back in the flemington years. we started out in a sloppy mud and ended in a dust bowl. windshields are not a good idea, the clay and washer fluid make a greasy paist. cut the shield out and put it back when your done.