PDA

View Full Version : Radios

gzenduro12
04-29-2008, 11:49 AM
So what's the deal with the radios in our division. Where do we get em? Are there various models to choose from. Will we be using them this week? Before anyone starts whining, keep in mind we were approached about this and not the other way around. I assume we get the convenience of radios b/c we're turning BB times with no cautions.

Tracy87BB
04-29-2008, 03:13 PM
It is my understanding from talking with Mike Cappiello and Jim Maggio on Saturday that the decision is effective immediately - meaning you can run them this weekend. It should be a one-way scanner for receiver purposes only, tuned to the track frequency at 461.200. To clarify, it is something that is allowed, not something that is mandated. I would assume you could get one any place that sells electronics.

tstiles
04-29-2008, 03:30 PM
i think this is a really good idea . i think it is going to help alot . a major safety step for the drivers. eventually they will probably use scanners in the trucks also. once they see how effective it works.

gzenduro12
05-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Didn't use them. Did I miss anything????

Tracy87BB
05-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Greg, I personally am not aware of anyone who used them. I was, however, pretty busy running around Sunday and did not have much chance to get through the pits before the start of the race. That's an interesting question to throw out there...did anyone use them? If so, what were the thoughts on having them?

racing#s
05-06-2008, 08:41 PM
If it's not costing the track,then anyone in any division should be allowed to use one. I personally think they'd make things run smoother,like when the car's are lining up,debris warnings,after red flags it would cut the confusion...etc. There's nothing but advantages,it should be a given.Why one can only use it one way frequency makes no sense. This past race I tossed the belt after a few short laps. My buddy in turn 4 saw it hanging since early on,and I was leaking water most of the race also,(which he also saw). It would have been great if he could 'call' me and tell me to pull off the track.

nobandwagonhere
05-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I highly doubt a "Spotter" will be allowed in an enduro. Guages work just as well.
One way radio, is harmless, should be allowed. Only problem is, a red flag is a rarity. If a red is called over the radio before the lights come on, half the field checks up and the other half without radios dont.....then we have a problem. Ive seen it happen.
JMO:wave:

Bobby Pease
05-07-2008, 10:57 PM
hey greg... we approached them bro.... 1 way radios cant hurt. they can only help...(flat, black flag, red flag, ready to run...)..