PDA

View Full Version : -UN- CONSTIPATED, CAN'T PASS A THING Race Car ??? Photos

capitalcity300
04-30-2008, 03:23 AM
-UN- CONSTIPATED, CAN'T PASS A THING Race Car ??? Photos :cheers: :rolleyes:

capitalcity300
05-01-2008, 01:25 AM
-UN- CONSTIPATED, CAN'T PASS A THING Race Car ??? Photos :cheers: :rolleyes:

The sign on back of this red race car was a big joke on his racing competitors.

He passed whole lot of race cars and won whole lot of races (Modified and Sportsman) (trophies) with this red race car, especially at his home area race tracks.

This red race car was sponsor by Ralph Mills Wheel Alignment.

Hint:
He was one of 4-H Boys!!!
Was called "Mr. ========" !!!
The name "===" or "RAPID ===" was painted above driver's door on the race car's roof !!!
Any guesses on the name of this race driver, whom was also the car owner, car builder and race driver of this race car???

capitalcity300
05-08-2008, 06:43 PM
The sign on back of this red race car was a big joke on his racing competitors.

Ray Hendrick passed whole lot of race cars and won whole lot of races (Modified and Sportsman) (trophies) with this red race car, especially at his (city of Richmond, Va.) home area race tracks (Dinwiddie Speedway, 301 Speedway, Langley Speedway, Southside Speedway, Strawberry Hill Speedway and Southside Speedway.

This red race car was sponsor by Ralph Mills Wheel Alignment. (See #1. and #2. Photos below).

Ray Hendrick was one of 4-H Boys!!! The other (3) 4-H Boys: Ted Hairfield, Runt Harris, and Sonny Hutchins. (See #3. and #4. Photos below).
Ray Hendrick called "Mr. Modified" !!!
The name "RAY" or "RAPID RAY" was painted above driver's door on the race car's roof !!!
Any guesses on the name of this race driver, whom was also the car owner, car builder and race driver of this red race car??? Ray Hendrick :cool: :cheers:

Dwight Clock
05-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Harris's first name was Runt, not Ruth. And Hutchins had an s at the end of his name. All four could drive the wheels off a modified.

capitalcity300
05-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Harris's first name was Runt, not Ruth. And Hutchins had an s at the end of his name. All four could drive the wheels off a modified.
Thanks for the corrections!!! :wave: :cheers:
Eye sight going to hell!!! :mad: :-B :lol:
Drinking too much of that Billy Beer :cheers: and Falstaff Beer:cheers:!!! :angel: :rolleyes:
Runt Harris "real name" was Geather W. Harris. B: June 4, 1927 / D: June30,1990
Sonny Hutchins "real name" is Ernest Lloyd Hutchins. B: May 17, 1929 / D: November 21, 2005.

Know if any of 4-H Boys, Ted Hairfield, Runt Harris, Ray Hendrick, or Sonny Hutchins race any races at NY tracks ( Riverhead, Islip or Freeport). :confused:

Dwight Clock
05-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Know if any of 4-H Boys, Ted Hairfield, Runt Harris, Ray Hendricks, or Sonny Hutchins race any races at NY tracks ( Riverhead, Islip or Freeport). :confused:Ray Hendrick was a big part of one of the best races I ever saw on Long Island, or anywhere for that matter. It was either 1965 or 1966. Larry Mendolsohn paid Hendrick to come up for the Trenton 200 two weeks early and race at some local tracks to create interest in the race. The night he came to Islip there were only 20 or so modifieds. Hendrick, who had never run on anything that small, had a hard time in his heat and finished in the back. He had it corrected for the feature, however. Starting 19th, he made quick work of the field, taking 2nd place on lap ten. Leading was Jackie Reinhardt, a solid local racer but seemingly no match for the great Hendrick. Hendrick pulled right alongside Jackie and everyone figured that it was just a matter of time until he had the lead and eventual win. But Jackie would have none of it. Driving the race of his life he held off the Tant-Mitchell #11 lap after lap. With five to go in the 25 lapper there wasn't a soul in the place (other than Hendrick & his crew) who wasn't pulling for Reinhardt to win. As they came off of turn four for the checkered Reinhardt was barely ahead and crossed the line about a foot ahead of the Virginia hotshoe. It was easily one of the two most popular wins I ever saw at Islip. The roar from the crowd was amazingly loud and you could see the joy and pride on Jackie's face. What a night!

The Bullfather
05-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Dwight what an awesome story, we need more turn back the Clock stories from you. I love reading about history of Long Island racing. Born Oct. 1976 I only got to go to Islip for a few years, but I brought up there, from playing to sleeping! Bring back the memories!

Dwight Clock
05-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks, Peter, for the kind words. I would love to share more stories on here. I am too busy right now to be held to any kind of timetable or schedule, though. I work at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway HoF Museum and, as it is May, am working a lot. I also volunteer at a local Rescue Mission and attend as many races as I can. Not much time left. I will, however, post a short story or two in this forum as I can. And I hope to see many of you soon as I am planning a trip to N.Y. May 31 - June 3. I'll try to make Riverhead that Saturday. Thanks again.:cheers:

capitalcity300
05-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Ray Hendrick was a big part of one of the best races I ever saw on Long Island, or anywhere for that matter. It was either 1965 or 1966. Larry Mendolsohn paid Hendrick to come up for the Trenton 200 two weeks early and race at some local tracks to create interest in the race. The night he came to Islip there were only 20 or so modifieds. Hendrick, who had never run on anything that small, had a hard time in his heat and finished in the back. He had it corrected for the feature, however. Starting 19th, he made quick work of the field, taking 2nd place on lap ten. Leading was Jackie Reinhardt, a solid local racer but seemingly no match for the great Hendrick. Hendrick pulled right alongside Jackie and everyone figured that it was just a matter of time until he had the lead and eventual win. But Jackie would have none of it. Driving the race of his life he held off the Tant-Mitchell #11 lap after lap. With five to go in the 25 lapper there wasn't a soul in the place (other than Hendrick & his crew) who wasn't pulling for Reinhardt to win. As they came off of turn four for the checkered Reinhardt was barely ahead and crossed the line about a foot ahead of the Virginia hotshoe. It was easily one of the two most popular wins I ever saw at Islip. The roar from the crowd was amazingly loud and you could see the joy and pride on Jackie's face. What a night!

Enjoy your NY racing stories!!! :applause: :lol: :cheers:

Below is (2) Jack Reinhard's photos.
#1. Someone told me that the checkered flag #V6 race car, Jack Reinhard photo 000 (below), was taken after Jack Reinhard's Islip's victory over Mr. Modified Ray Hendrick's # flying 11. :confused: :help:
#2. Jack Reinhard photo 001 (below), might be an later photo of the same #V6 race car. :confused: :help:
Thanks for information!!! :wave: :applause:

Dwight Clock
05-15-2008, 04:51 AM
Thank you. The car # was J6. And, you are correct on both pictures.:cheers: