PDA

View Full Version : Rogers - LM Rookie?

Golf Guy
05-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Just so everyone know's, I believe Tommy Rogers is a 'rookie' in the LM class and will have to start from rear?

Tracy87BB
05-01-2008, 03:05 PM
For handicapping purposes, you are considered a "rookie" for the first three races of the season unless you competed in at least 50% of the races in that division the prior year. So, yes, Tom Rogers Jr. is considered a rookie for handicapping purposes and must start in the rear until he has run for three consecutive races.

spabler
05-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I may be wrong here but I think if you compete in the mods or the top division than drive in a lesser division you are not eligible as a rookie.
He may have to start in the rear for handicapping reasons though as he did not compete in at least 1/2 of the shows last season.

Fig8 T.K.
05-11-2008, 11:16 AM
The question is not only if he will be rookie of the year but when will he be the Champion? Not sure but I think he gained the title in Fig8 and Modified within the first two years of competing.

Tom Kraft

Golf Guy
05-11-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm sorry, my original post was not here. I did not post because I wanted/thought he would win ROY, I was just trying to help people with the top 5 contest - letting them know he would have to start last or in the rear for 3 weeks.

modified_fan
05-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Regardless, with all due respect to the original intention........it is a joy seeing Tommy add a very good competitor to this division (as it is also great seeing Buzzy return).

Golf Guy
05-11-2008, 01:36 PM
I would love to see the beautiful Late Models of Greg Kleila and Mike Mortimer to return and what a great feild we would have!

Tower Man
05-14-2008, 07:08 AM
No matter what division or divisions you have raced, if you never competed in a division you are eligible for Rookie of the Year. For example...Tony Stewart decides to retire from cup racing and move to Long Island. He decides he wants to drive a Late Model. Guess what? He is eligible for Rookie of the Year as long as he has not competed in 6 events in any one season. Sorry Trace, the 50% rule has to do with handicapping only. If Bill Park missed 3 in a row he would be handicapped as a rookie as far as handicapping goes. Don't confuse the two.

So Tommy Rogers is and very well may be the Late Model Rookie of the Year in 2008.

Tracy87BB
05-14-2008, 07:21 AM
That was my point exactly, Tower Man. Golf Guy was pointing out that Rogers would be in the back (it originally was under the "top 5 contest" thread), and I was simply confirming that - for handicapping purposes - he would be a rookie.

Thanks for clarifying the rookie status overall, though.

outlawfab
05-14-2008, 08:52 AM
we had this discussion years ago with dave in the latemodels and trucks. he couldn't run for it because he ran mods in 1995 before the lm in 2002.