PDA

View Full Version : What's the news

SuperShafts
05-05-2008, 01:53 PM
So who showed up and what did they drive in the spec drags?

RGeeProductions
05-05-2008, 04:33 PM
You can try the photo gallery (http://www.racerhub.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=1062) from Sunday.

SuperShafts
05-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah i looked thru the pics, but there was none with who won.

I have no idea who Pete S is, would be better to go with the name and car or car #.

The trans-am didn't run do to Don running in the grand enduro i believe..

He'll be back to the spec drags soon as the jeep is back.

The jeep is in need of a trans...after 100k+ miles this is to be expected...

woot lawrence
05-05-2008, 06:30 PM
the grey mustang with the blue door won.

fastgal
05-05-2008, 06:52 PM
that black malibu has what i would call "big steam"

W. J.
05-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Bob Finan will likely have it in the "Eye on Riverhead" this week.

SuperShafts
05-06-2008, 08:28 AM
the grey mustang with the blue door won.

OK now i can put the name Pete together.... thanks woot.

Tracy87BB
05-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Sorry for the apparent lack of information. The Legends heats went out, then the Spectator Drags and then the Legends feature. I ran from where I was sitting to the blackboard after the Legends heats to get the lineup for their feature, and by the time I sat back down, the Spectator Drags were already over.

Thanks for the help fielding that one, Woot...guess I owe you a Fig Newton!

SuperShafts
05-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Any news of the spec drags....

Tracy87BB
05-28-2008, 02:45 PM
It was posted on the front page late Sunday night. John Cozza was the winner. I know that Jim Laird submitted roughly 35 pictures from the Spectator Drags, so you can go check them out off of the link on the front page.

SuperShafts
05-28-2008, 03:04 PM
The Spectator Drags were up next, with more than 15 cars participating. When the final checkered flag flew, the event was won by John Cozza

That's all that was there...anyone know what happened...

Who knocked out Don from the win, any other new developments

Tracy87BB
05-28-2008, 03:12 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Jim's pictures do a pretty good job of telling the story.

SuperShafts
05-28-2008, 03:14 PM
If it was video, but stills don't tell the whole story

Crazy Horse
06-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I was there for that show, :cool: Take the ride next time they run,so you won't have to rely on stills.:cool:

SuperShafts
06-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Well if i was able to go i would have been and entered in the spec drags....

Just asking for a little info on the news from what happened at the track i didn't think was such a killer question.... Apparently i am wrong, sorry

Tracy87BB
06-02-2008, 10:33 AM
SuperShafts, there is nothing wrong with posing the question to see if anyone can give you some information. It tends to be difficult with the Spectator Drags, because names change from one event to another as different people run in different vehicles, and it isn't like people have car numbers or something that would make them more distinguishable to the fans. Most fans will not remember who drove what car, which round they were eliminated in and by whom, etc. I'm not sure if Captain Video tapes the Spectator Drags, but you could always try getting a video from him if you can't make it to the races!

SuperShafts
06-02-2008, 11:39 AM
SuperShafts, there is nothing wrong with posing the question to see if anyone can give you some information.

It tends to be difficult with the Spectator Drags, because names change from one event to another as different people run in different vehicles, and it isn't like people have car numbers or something that would make them more distinguishable to the fans.

Most fans will not remember who drive what car, which round they were eliminated in and by whom, etc. !

That's why i ask when im not there. I would just like to see better news on the Sd's though, other then _______ won

Actually it's not difficult because no one really pays attention to names, perfect example, take me and i run the SD's i know 2 names.... They do pay attention to vehicle make/model, as do i...
You don't need car #'s when you have 18 different vehicles, you need car #'s when you have umpteen same vehicles. (example black camaro vs black iroc.. or green lemans vs red trans am) That's all every/anyone needs
People cheer and pick a vehicle to pull for

Most fans actually do remember pretty good, and recall pretty much exactly line to line of how it all went down.. Just ask T.S. he pays so close attention he even knows lap times.

People still haven't forgot the s class benz, and it didn't even win, ask them what else happened the night the benz s-class ran the SD's, they don't got the name, but they remember the car, remember the race.

Either way when someone beats the red trans am, which wins the most i would figure that would be played on as to how and a little play by play to set the stage...play the competition card...

Tracy87BB
06-02-2008, 11:54 AM
SuperShafts, I don't disagree with you at all. However, when I am the sole person working on reporting on a typical Sunday and I am busy running back and forth to the blackboard trying to get starting lineups and finishes, as well as trying to keep track of a number of other things, it becomes difficult to catch all of the action on everything. I apologize for any "slight" that you feel in terms of Spectator Drag coverage.

I'm not sure who T.S. is that you are referring to, but if he pays that close attention to the Spectator Drags, you can always have him get a hold of me and submit his version of a play-by-play for the Spectator Drags. I'd be more than happy to consider anything that is submitted by anyone.

We are seeking a Sunday reporter, so if you know of anyone who is interested, point them this way.

SuperShafts
06-02-2008, 12:12 PM
If i come across anyone i'll point them your way.

tstiles
06-02-2008, 12:50 PM
i will be happy to update MR. SHAFT on the occurrence with the spec drags.... theres a new sheriff in town. JOHN COZZA cozza opened a can of woop a$$ on the pontiac ( don) . it was a great battle to watch but no matter what direction ,don could not hang with the chevy power that cozza brought. three cheers for cozza for knocking don out of the spot light early in the season. i was tired of watching that multi-colored rellick lay it down week in and week out. good job john

SuperShafts
06-02-2008, 02:16 PM
There you go Tracy.... I'll point him your way.

So was it a big upset there T.S. or was it close? was there a lucky mistake? Has the green lemans show up yet?

Tracy87BB
06-02-2008, 02:19 PM
That T.S.???

If I'm not mistaken, he was a little busy actually competing in the Spectator Drags...

SuperShafts
06-02-2008, 05:04 PM
That T.S.???

If I'm not mistaken, he was a little busy actually competing in the Spectator Drags...

He's gonna be even busier looking at the back of my jeep as soon as i get my trans...lol

See now Tracy look how you remembered a piece of good info..

W. J.
06-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Terry may have been busy, but his keen sense of observation can't be argued with.

SuperShafts
06-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Let T.S. do the play by play for the SD's this weekend, give him a run at it this weekend...

tstiles
06-03-2008, 10:27 AM
when you run out of excuses on why your riding the couch and not racing your doodle bug geep at the spec. drags , we'll do this . lol
He's gonna be even busier looking at the back of my jeep as soon as i get my trans...lol

See now Tracy look how you remembered a piece of good info..

tstiles
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
thanks walt.
Terry may have been busy, but his keen sense of observation can't be argued with.

SuperShafts
06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Lol sitting on the couch is not a problem, it's driving without my jeep everyday that is...if it wasn't for gas prices i would use 1 of the cars...
As soon as the trans gets done i'll be there... kinda fortunate for everyone.

I'll be looking forward to your SD race report this monday though

Tracy87BB
06-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Perhaps I am confused, but according to Riverhead's schedule, there are no Spectator Drags until NEXT Saturday, June 14th.

And SuperShafts, don't forget that on Saturday nights T.S. also tends to be busy with his Blunderbust car. Sometimes priorities are priorities...

SuperShafts
06-03-2008, 11:42 AM
I thought there was a Sunday run this week

Tracy87BB
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
No Sunday show this week. Spectator Drags run next Saturday night, June 14th. At least that's what the track schedule shows...

They are also on the schedule for Sunday, June 15th.

SuperShafts
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok there starting them on both days after this Saturday then...that's awesome.

So anyone want to do the trans and have there name associated with my Jeep.. I don't want it to start slipping in less then 10k though...

Tracy87BB
06-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Actually, there has been a change in schedule. I have received word from Bob Finan that - due to the shift of the extra-distance races originally planned for June 7th to June 14th as a result of last weekend's rainout - the Spectator Drags will ONLY run on Sunday, June 15th. There will NOT be Spectator Drags on Saturday, June 14th.