PDA

View Full Version : CALVERTON PROPERTY... on NEWS12

racerwife
05-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Just saw a quick piece on NEWS12 about the Calverton Ski Resort proposal. There is a poll being conducted on NEWS12 website, for or against the ski resort...
Also, LIVE at 7:00PM (tonight) on NEWS12 will be a discussion on the details, pros and cons of a "ski resort" and it sounds like environmental issues concerning the area. Maybe it will even include other options for the property... we can only hope.
At least those that have satellite dish should be able to vote in the poll... maybe not watch the live broadcast...

Hey!!! We may yet have a chance to get the other side heard fairly... ski resort versus motorsports/entertainment venue. Its worth a try.

SuperShafts
05-06-2008, 12:51 PM
News 12 needs some help, when there was a big story there nowhere to be found..when the story is safe, well there they are...

Now there still months behind and missed the NEWS again...

Now there going to put up a poll again and not do one story on the poll being a landslide, and how no one is paying attention to the people...

How is it that news 12 is still on the air

racerwife
05-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Well SuperShafts, I know when I have watched the LIVE call-in show in the past.. Lea Tyrell has tried very hard to moderate and have all sides heard from. Callers can and do have a chance to speak their piece, and have an opinion. AND... yes, in the past, the poll results were READ on air, LIVE.
If those that have the facts, (leave the emotions and threats home), present them in a clear precise manner, maybe, just maybe other people in power will take notice and work together to undo what it seems is so against the popular choice for this property. Right now its a ski resort, like it or not. Presenting facts, making a phone call and being heard with your vocalized choice of development project could make a difference. You never know.

You of all people seem to have the most facts to give. If you presented them maybe someone would finally hear you on that wonderful thing called the TV... and react!!!

I know you have had it... but your attitude just put the final nail in the coffin. Why not at least give it a chance before you condemn.

SuperShafts
05-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Well SuperShafts, I know when I have watched the LIVE call-in show in the past.. Lea Tyrell has tried very hard to moderate and have all sides heard from. Callers can and do have a chance to speak their piece, and have an opinion. AND... yes, in the past, the poll results were READ on air, LIVE.
If those that have the facts, (leave the emotions and threats home), present them in a clear precise manner, maybe, just maybe other people in power will take notice and work together to undo what it seems is so against the popular choice for this property. Right now its a ski resort, like it or not. Presenting facts, making a phone call and being heard with your vocalized choice of development project could make a difference. You never know.

You of all people seem to have the most facts to give. If you presented them maybe someone would finally hear you on that wonderful thing called the TV... and react!!!

I know you have had it... but your attitude just put the final nail in the coffin. Why not at least give it a chance before you condemn.

I Love how you automatically KNOW what i am thinking, or anything behind the obvious bs scenes here and there.... and then right away likejust a few others jump on some bs you read into that isn't there and say my attitude...please i had no attitude i said the truth...

Are you ready for the truth, are you ready...

How many times did YOU or ANYONE else see or hear me on lea tyrells bs one sided view show.... she has my number, i called in, i was on hold for a long time

How many times did you see or hear me call in?

I called in 2 different times, i announced who i was and they left me on hold and then took a call back # and put BS idiots thru...

IF you were a NEWS company...who would you want to hear from if YOU wanted NEWS on fact of what is going on between BOTH sides... When they had 2 sides?

Right you want tom, dick and harry to just say.,.... um yeah who wants a ski mountain ..... brillant reporting, briilant news..thats not news...

When are you people going to learn i do not sit and let someone roll the ball to me...

I called and called and called news 12's news room, pressroom, and informed them of numerous numerous activities and bs and corrupt acts... THEY didn't report 1 word of it nor even show up....

I did it, i made the calls myself, 1 st hand, i didn't hand the job off to any or my fellow partners, news 12 dropped the ball...IN Fact they never even seen it..

Unlike others i haven't given up, we are on a different obstacle making a deal for other acres in another area... Let cardinale ruin riverhead...i want to be able to say i told you so dick, i told you so enviro activists, i told you so phil,barbara,john...

But your right they did a good job... a poll with are you for or against RR, not anything about what you would have rather had,

Not anything about how thousands were ignored

Not anything about 10's of thousands of signed letters losts

Not anything about 3 signed for boxes of thousands of letters in support of RC, 2 signed for by phil and 1 by his secretary lost...

Yep! your right!! there on the ball and reporting the news as best YOU would expect...

Once again nothing i said above needed your further comments, nor rgees applause as to you supposedly putting me in my place with some better higher knowledge of fact you didn't know about...

Again News 12 is a horrible news agency and that is the truth...

Although we may be one tracked, watch our site...it's way ahead of news 12...

They aren't going to make a difference in anything, and it is beyond what you or we want now... Now it is all bs and corrupt dealings.. I gave all the enviros and dick a chance to join us in what would have stopped it but they decided to go on there own and pull some bs rather then go for the obvious and run on the corruption... rht/phil will have his hands full with his wrong doing we made sure to report it to those that need to be aware of it...

Oh yeah since we are on the subject of poor news reporting... newsday has the worst reporter, his name escapes me at the moment, but how do you send a one sided reporter to a 2 sided problem...
No one does there job anymore

SuperShafts
05-07-2008, 09:56 AM
I forgot about the missing file of RR's finacial statements...or should i say there lack of financial statements... but yet the town entered into an illegal q&e.. News12 didn't report that either... If you can't see news 12 is the worst....well then i am sorry for you

W. J.
05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
SuperShafts, you hit the nail right on the head. News12, a Cablevision Corp. news channel, slants their reporting to what the Dolan family wants people to know and believe, not what is necessarily the 'real' news. That they put you on hold and ignored you speaks volumes about them. Primarily, it says they know who you are and who you represent, and they don't want your voce heard, simply because they are against an auto racing facility being built. You need only to look back to their original coverage of the issue to find that. It's one reason I'm glad I no longer have Cablevison, and never will again.

As far as the way certain individuals treat you on here, I'd file a complaint if I were you, you do have a legitimate gripe over the continued bias shown to your posts, but that's just my opinion.

SuperShafts
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
It really amazes me that people look at news 12 like they report the news...

News 12 is good for traffic reports and weather every 15 minutes...awesome.

Even newsday as we 1st hand experienced with 2 of there reporters are unbelievable... how those 2 have a job is beyond me..

The times review, namely John Stefans, even though he was not for a motorsports facility....reading his articles made it hard to see that... why.. because he did his job, he reported the news..

racerwife
05-07-2008, 11:18 AM
SuperShafts, If I hurt your feelings,... I apologize. My words were to be taken literally... facts only... no emotions, no veiled threats from you or anyone else that may have been able to get on the LIVE broadcast. You are very passionate about this issue... that is good. It still, I believe gives a chance to see a motorsports/entertainment complex somewhere on the island. You and your group are fighting for what can be a hugely successful business venture. Your name recognition can be, and is a double-edged sword. Realizing that you know facts and figures, hidden agendas uncovered and more things than I can think about indeed makes some very nervous. Were you blocked from speaking last night... only those working the switchboard know the truth of that. You at least tried to bring out the facts and truths. I applaud you for that.
I guess you didn't see the poll... it had "nothing" to do with what else do you want built... It had to do with do you or don't you want a ski resort built. When I asked someone to check the results around 6:45 it was pretty much tied/even.. for and against.
Passion for a cause is one thing... scare tactics (thats what I call them) and what ever else you have tried to use for leverage and pressure to change a vote have not worked. That is evidenced by the outcome we are now seeing, reading about and are now waiting for an environmental study to be completed by the ???.
I do know though that your presentation has turned many off, frightening some in your quest to bring the facts to the attention of many. I am for any type of "wheeled" entertainment complex to be built... but my choice may not be what is best for the community at large and I also respect that decision. Now we wait and see.
This is my last post on this subject. You have your opinion and way of doing things and I have mine. So be it. That is what makes the world revolve.

SuperShafts
05-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Karen... I am not upset at your post... and you may continue as much as you want no matter which direction or topic it goes to, i have no problem.

I just don't like when people read things that aren't there... trust me if i was upset im sure you would be able to see it as i would have said it...

My comment was that news 12... well to put it bluntly sucks at news.

I wish they were better... here is my outlook..

Ch# 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 don't seem to want to be bothered with long island, news 12 doesn't seem to want to be bothered with what most consider important issues, there are times watching news 12 i want to hang myself.

So with the other channels having no interest and news 12 never doing any good reporting or follow up reporting, we rely on the papers.. times review and suffolk life i happen to have respect for, and our site.

Think of this, the Biggest issue and price tag ever in rht history, that was kept so quiet, who knew about it.
Nothing about the economics of either proposal, or impacts... to know that you needed to go to www.limotorsports.org where we do the real news, less weather and traffic every 15 minutes and sometimes more than that