PDA

View Full Version : One Way Radio

RacinRob
05-06-2008, 07:50 PM
I know the Grands are now using the one way radio on the track frequency and was wondering if any blunderbust drivers would be opposed to trying them as well. I spoke to mike at the sunday show and he said he would kick it around. Just wanted some feeback from the fellow drivers?:help:

voodoocadoo
05-06-2008, 08:45 PM
I am all for the radios one way and or two way

RacinRob
05-06-2008, 08:50 PM
no, not two way, one way. blunderbusts are an entry level division. no need for two way communication

Tower Man
05-07-2008, 08:26 AM
I am for radios, but not the additional cost. The BB pay off is horrible and was designed back in the 80's. Please don't get on here and bash me and say nobody is here for the money. To spend a few hundred dollars more and still get around $100 to win is silly.

Golf Guy
05-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Joe I think the idea of a one way radio is for safety concerns, and perhaps for a smoother running race (which could save equipment, which would save money).

Tower Man
05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh I agree, but as you know that payoff is horrible.The BB race has very few cautions and I think the one-way deal is for the officials to talk for line ups and stuff. I'm willing to try it, but not at the expense it may bring.

I have the best in safety equipment in our car. 3 layer carbonex suit, hans, top of the line helmet etc...I can't see one way radios saving anything. I could be wrong.

rabbid1
05-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Why not just make it optional !

RacinRob
05-07-2008, 09:35 PM
a one way raceciever is like 40 bucks i believe? not too steep

rydogg97
05-09-2008, 09:18 AM
i agree make it optional.as rob said they are not that pricey but you can find higher end models.i think that for the few bucks for a radio will save a lot of work and money in the end to the car.as stated the bb payoff is horrible!but i dont see any change coming so it has to lived with.with or without radios the bb division is still a great division even if they dont get paid well!!!

EDGEnterprises
05-09-2008, 10:45 AM
The RaceCEIVER is $99.95. Works great...

voodoocadoo
05-09-2008, 05:12 PM
My self I like the radio and a spotter but if a one way radio is all thats allowed then it should be by choice.As far as not using them I have bought 2 blunderbust car and both of them had radio jackets under the dash so I do think some of the boys are using them

Tower Man
05-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Ut O..................

Wheel Racing
05-09-2008, 08:27 PM
With 16 cars showing up,why would there be a need for setting up the line-up? BB cars are slower than all other divisions and I think there is enough time between corner exit and corner entry to make up your own mind. I understand about the Grand Enduros using them with more cars, etc but I think the BB division will be just fine without radios.Every new expense(no matter how small) risks the chance of another car staying home because they are under funded.:wave: