PDA

View Full Version : Notice: *tow Hooks*

intense1
05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
All cars must have two tow hooks, both front and rear, that are capable of handling the weight of the race car. We have had a number of tow cables with cable clamps, that are pulling apart. We would prefer to see some kind of hook that is an integral part of the chassis, yet is accessible with a rubber nose and tail piece (without removing the hood).
Minimum 5/16" chain with grade 8 bolts would also be acceptable.
If you have a problem on the track and need to be towed, this may prevent any further damage to your race car. It would also help tremendously in speeding up the show for our fans.

thriller 34
05-08-2008, 11:51 PM
hey we all know who this post was directed towards. Sorry about that with all the tech things i had to cover this past week tow hooks were something i forgot about untill roughly 4 tenths of a second before impact lol. However i would like to take this time to thank jeff owler for taking it nice and easy on the way in and not sending my hood flying off the roof onto the pavement. also no extra damage was done to my car (as if you could tell) so another thanks to the other tow truck driver (dont know his name sorry) who hooked the car up for me in some very good spots so i didnt loose a radiator along with my front horns, right fender, nose (you get the idea).

intense1
05-09-2008, 10:04 AM
It wasn't directed towards anyone...

AND, NO...I don't get the IDEA??? Why don't you explain.

Wasn't your car at the mall show over two months ago...and your trunk, bumper cables, and nose and tail pieces were addressed.

If the show is held up by a car needing to be towed with no tow hooks, You will not be allowed back out...even if you CAN fix it. Period.

(Get the idea)

thriller 34
05-11-2008, 11:41 PM
ok i will explain:
you get the idea=i could rattle off a few more things that i broke in the accident i had but i wont

now you explain how you could think my car was at the mall show???? you talked to me about my car at the mall show while i was buying the pit license thats about it.....and thats about the only time you were ever anything but totally ignorant to me....when i was handing you 75 dollars

cm9
05-13-2008, 01:16 AM
It wasn't directed towards anyone...

AND, NO...I don't get the IDEA??? Why don't you explain.

Wasn't your car at the mall show over two months ago...and your trunk, bumper cables, and nose and tail pieces were addressed.

If the show is held up by a car needing to be towed with no tow hooks, You will not be allowed back out...even if you CAN fix it. Period.

(Get the idea)

Good attitude for a Co-Promoter especially in a division with a weekly car count of 10. I think your first post said enough.

intense1
05-13-2008, 10:03 AM
CM 9,
You always have plenty to say...that's great...give me a call in the speedway office and we can discuss some of your other "ideas".

Wayne had no reason to reply to a "GENERAL" post...which he felt was aimed toward him.

Let's try this AGAIN,
ATTENTION ALL DRIVERS: Please check to make sure your tow cables are strong enough to support the weight of your race cars. Thank You.

Chuck Schartzer
05-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Feel the love!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers: