PDA

View Full Version : Tire & Gas Raffle

toots
05-07-2008, 10:16 PM
In an effort to help drivers with the high cost of enjoying a sport that they love, I have decided to sponsor a raffle that will help in part to pay for the cost of a Mountain Tire or Mountain Fuel.
Tickets will go on sale starting this coming Saturday May10. Only 100 tickets will be printed for each drawing. Cost per ticket will be $2.00.(total collected will be $200) Once all 100 tickets are sold, there will be a drawing during the next week's driver's meeting. 1st place will win $100 credit towards a tire for ther division, 2nd place will win $50 credit towards fuel and 3rd place will also receive $50 towards fuel. Tickets will be available at the souvenir stand or catch me when I am walking around with the programs.
Depending on how well this goes, I may run it a few times this season
( hoping there will be enough interest to do it evry other week or so )
Tickets can be purchased by crew members, family and fans also but must be purchased strictly for a Mountain DRIVER of their choice.
All winning tickets will be void after 30 days from date of drawing (I am sure that would be more than enough of time to redeem any winnings)
Winning tickets are non-refundable & non transferrable ( to be used by winning driver ONLY ) and of course only reedemable at Mountain Speedway.
Just think for only $2.00 you have a chance to win enough fuel for the night and a chance at almost 1 free tire- that means more money for FOOD and of course a PROGRAM :):):):):)

NJ Chick
05-08-2008, 03:50 PM
What a great idea! Every little bit helps nowadays. You are something else Joan!:) Hope you get a good response.

intense1
05-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Along with printing the great looking Mountain Speedway programs each week, Joan also handles the souvenir booth, the little racers club, and now the raffle. (not to mention handling most of our printing needs as well)

Keep up the great work, Joan.

Hey NJ chick...we have a ladies enduro race coming up at Mountain on May 18...will you (and Howie) be making an appearance???

KyleMac45
05-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Would this raffle for TQ guys as well?

Kyle
TQ Asst. Flagger

toots
05-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the kind words Cindy and Mike.
I do what I do because I really enjoy all of the people at the track and want to do what ever I can to help out.
So far, I have the kids and drivers covered.
Next week I will be starting Speedway Bingo again in the program which will also get the fans involved.
Now - the hard one- Crew members???? maybe another less expensive raffle for a few FREE pit admissions?? or any other suggestions??

Kyle- Good Question - I will need to get back to you on that. Tires and Fuel must be purchased at the Speedway . If TQ's purchase track tires and fuel- they are surely included
ANY DIVISION THAT PURCHASES TRACK TIRES AND FUEL WILL BE INCLUDED.
I am just not up to date on all of the divisions- but I am checking on it
If not - I will find something to do for the TQ's

NJ Chick
05-08-2008, 11:31 PM
2/10's! How are ya? Looks like a no on the enduro...Dr D had a mishap and kind of broke his hand...:rolleyes: However, rumor has it you may be getting a visit from a certain favorite Uncle...:lol:
Best of luck to everyone in the enduros!:wave:

Hey Joan, I think you should be asking for a BIG raise!:p

Geno
05-09-2008, 09:52 AM
As if you don’t have anything else to do- Great idea Joan (to go along with all of your other great ideas)!:)

toots
05-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Hey Cindy- A raise is always a GOOD THING. Unfortunately both myself and Kevin Green ( photographer ) are NOT paid employees of the track. We are both what you would call FREE Lancers. Any income or raises come from racers and fans when they purchase our items- so to all- Please be sure to stop by our booth and take a look. Kevin has some GREAT photos and I have a few different forms of souvenirs- I am sure that we have something for everyone plus the famous Mountain Speedway T shirts, Sweatshirts and Hats.

Back to the Raffle- TQ'S- Definitely included- they buy both tires & fuel
Sport Modifieds & Super Stocks also included
FWD's- Buy tires only ( fuel Not compatible with engine)- so in the case of a FWD driver winning the fuel portion of raffle-
they would receive $ 50 towards tire instead of Fuel

With ALL divisions ( except Legends) included ( they may be included in the future Pit Admission raffle )Hoping to start the Pit Admission raffle also next week. Cost will be $1.00 per ticket ( 100 tickets sold )- 4 drawings for $25 off of pit admission- which means if you have a pit license, you would get in FREE- if no pit license- you would only need to pay $10 rather than $35 to get in.

I am hoping that ALL tickets will be sold by Sunday. Sooner they get sold- the sooner we have winners!! and the sooner we can start a new raffle.

I will keep a tally posted at the booth as to how many more tickets will need to be sold for each drawing

toots
05-11-2008, 08:55 AM
As of last night 88 tickets are already sold- Only 12 remaining
Hopefully they will get sold today- If so, 1st drawing will be held next Saturday, May 17 during the driver's meeting

Thank you to all who purchased tickets and GOOD LUCK to ALL DRIVERS
Winners names will be posted in the following week's program, at the souvenir booth and also on this forum.

You need not be present to win. Joe Callavini will have a sheet with a list of the winning names . Winners only need to go to the tire or fuel area to receive their winnings and to sign off that they have received their prize.

Next week will start the Pit Admission raffle and also another Tire & Fuel Raffle along with Speedway Bingo.:applause::applause::applause::applause:

toots
05-11-2008, 09:30 PM
ALL TICKETS SOLD!!!
Drawing will be held next Staurday- May 17 at the driver's meeting.
Good Luck to All
See you next week

toots
05-18-2008, 09:00 PM
First Tire & Gas raffle winners were drawn during the driver's meeting on Saturday.
Winners are $ 50 Fuel- Mike Moyer Jr.
$ 50 Fuel - Jeff Biegley
$ 100 Tire- Wayne Lowe
Congratulations to all winners.:):):) Better luck to everyone else in the next drawing
The SECOND Tire & Gas raffle is now being sold at the souvenir booth.
The FIRST Pit Admission raffle is also being sold at the souvenir booth.
I will not be present this coming weekend- but booth will be open so be sure to stop by and get those tickets.

thriller 34
05-19-2008, 01:39 AM
for coming up with the idea for the tire and gas raffle...i will definately enjoy the new right side rubber as soon as i get my frame straight again.

2xdan
05-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Jeff wants to thank you for a VERY good idea and hope everyone supports our drivers. :applause: :applause: