PDA

View Full Version : We Have A Date!

CJfilms
05-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Sunday July 20th - Grandview Speedway

We have 2 months to get ready and make this the biggest enduro event of 2008...let's get it started!

enduroracer329
05-10-2008, 03:50 PM
I will be there to watch unless someone got a car and safty I can borrow

richardpetey
05-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Hopefully, this will be an afternoon affair........................:confused:
It ain't easy to wash off all that dirt in the dark...................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

nobandwagonhere
05-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Can I breathe now?:rolleyes:...lol
Same NEETS rules apply, Joe?
Congrats on putting something together. Thanks for toughing it out.:wave::applause:

enduroracer131
05-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Glad to hear we got a date, I will be getting home from a week vacation on the day before, good timing. Oh cant wait to go racing:applause::applause:

woot lawrence
05-11-2008, 10:32 PM
a race weekend, 4cyl enduro at riverhead saturday nite then to grandview sunday. what more can you ask for. :):):applause:

310fig8
05-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Sounds like fun!! how many laps are we talking about?

Sac-Man
05-12-2008, 01:11 PM
That's great news Joe and Erin!!!:applause:
You know I'll be there!!!;)

pv18
05-12-2008, 02:13 PM
I am in! Can't wait to see how this turns out. I hope this is just the beginning.

Pat

Joe - Congrats on the hard work.

STU
05-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Promote the hell out of this race date. As you know already, Joe, your work has just begun. Cheap way first, make sure Erine is plugging neets every Saturday night. Register on EVERY local fan board and give constant updates. Setting a date is great, but let's get some info now.
Start time
pit fees
general addmission
transponders?
Gates open
Good luck Joe, I know this event will be huge.
Cory
1x

NJ Chick
05-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Since this is our first "Blind Date" at Grandview, it's important that we make a good first impression. Let's bring a strong car count, positive attitudes and be willing to compromise in certain areas if need be. Grandview is calling the shots, so we need to do what they ask of us without complaint. If we show them what NEETS is really all about, which is great, clean racing and that we're not some kind of rolling demo derby, the chances are going to be much better that Grandview will want to "date" us again.:) If things go smoothly, then perhaps Grandview will let NEETS call some of the shots for future races.;) I can't wait to see all the NEETS racers on that track, it's going to be awesome!:drool:

intense1
05-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Cindy,
Keep this in mind...I was in the Tower as a NEETS official for the one AND ONLY Enduro at the now defunct Wall Speedway and all they wanted to know is...Where are all the wrecks???
remember,
Carnage = Ca$h
Don't wanna see anyone's best piece...end up in pieces! :disgusted

Tell Ernie I said, "HELLO" :)

richardpetey
05-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't take anything (THEY) said too seriously.........................:disgusted
Wall Township Speedway hasn't had a promoter for 8 years................:(
It was a state of the art facility compared to most small tracks in the northeast with millions of potential Jersey Shore vacationers looking for entertainment..................................... :cool:
If properly promoted they would have had to build grandstands on the backstretch....................................... :rolleyes:
As far as the management wanting to see carnage, if you start the race with 100 cars on a small track sh!ts gonna happen like it or not...................:help:
Car Count= Cash..................................:drool:
Speaking of Ernie! Ain't he the guy who hates Enduros............I guess NEETS is OK if it puts money in his pocket, hehe.................:confused:
Hopefully at Grandview, I can have 1/2 the fun I had at the NEETS race at Wall in 2003....................:cheers:
UNCLE PETEY..............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

rydogg97
05-12-2008, 10:22 PM
unfortunatly this is the way things are going!!cash is king!!even still i think neets will put on a great show and turn heads and change minds about the enduros!!it will be fun for all!!

J & J Racing 41
05-13-2008, 12:15 PM
I think grandview would like to see a good car count,and alot of people in the stands. What there not going to want to see is fluids,sharp metal, broken plastic or glass stuck in there clay. that would be one of the top reasons they dont want us back. Carnage is good short term plan, but not good long term for the people who build,maintain,fuel and pay travel exspences to put the show on. lets all prep these cars safe, and double check anything that could fall off them,and have a great showing.

NJ Chick
05-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Awww 2/10's, you sound so nostalgic!:p Remember when you quit as an official for NEETS and actually raced with us? Now that was some carnage!!:eek: Why don't you get a car together and race with us at Grandview and show us how it's done??? You could say hello to Ernie yourself...you could wave to him from the infield alongside the burning shell of your car....:lol: Who loves ya Mikey????:wave:

intense1
05-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Ya never know...;)
Speaking of Nostalgia...there are a few who know the truth about the "birth of NEETS"

NJ Chick
05-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I think we should get a DNA test...although.... has anyone noticed the name NEETS can be formed from the letters in "INTENSE"? Now that's pretty scary stuff right there....:eek:
You should come and race with us Mikey, you are more than welcome too. The entertainment value alone would be priceless! :p:D:wave:Get your 2/10's in the garage and get a car together:cool:

rydogg97
05-15-2008, 06:34 PM
sounds to me like someone is being called out!!!as nj said why dont you go there and say hi to ernie yourself!!that is if you can pry your fingers from the key board and stop posting for the other speedway!!!!and maybe you could be part of the carnage instead of looking for it!!!:wave:

EnduroFromDE
05-15-2008, 07:13 PM
:help::help:Well its been lil over a year since I ran a NEETS enduro:*-(...But i'm ready to get strapped in to one again...oh yeah theres one problem...i have no room for a car in my driveway...I'll be there...maybe in the pits...if anyone has a spare car that they wont be using for this enduro let me know maybe i can rent it for the day...that is if the price is right...:applause::p

intense1
05-15-2008, 07:17 PM
I would need a ride...:help:
The last enduro car from the Intense Racing camp was donated to the Busy Bee Racing stables, but from what I understand, they only got $2.10 per hundred for it. :*-(

richardpetey
05-15-2008, 09:33 PM
You broke the last ride I gave ya, 2/10.................:(
By-the-way, After your usual 10 laps, you'll be able to get $13 a hundred for your next ride, hehe...................:p
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
05-16-2008, 08:32 AM
C'mon Uncle Petey, when I scored for Mike at that Big Diamond Enduro last year he went well over 40 laps!

Maybe Grandview will be the one for "Willie Finish" to make it through! Come on guys, doesn't someone have a spare ride for Mike to use?

Unless.....Hey Mike, how much do you know about transmissions???? I have an S-10 I could let you use if you can give us a hand getting the trans back in it! :D

Geno
05-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Not sure about trannys, but whatever you do, don’t have him touch the rear! LOL

Congrats on the Grandview date guys.:wave:

pv18
05-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Mikey, in the spirit of giving, see me or Pete the next time we are at the Mountain and we will work out the details of a ride. I am sure we could drag something out of the woods for you.

Pat

PS - Geno, the offer is good for you as well. I would love to see ya back in the seat again.

intense1
05-16-2008, 05:27 PM
If you can drag it to the garage and get it running, I will drag it to the track. :applause:

richardpetey
05-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey! I thought in-drag was Joes thing, hehe...............:confused:
Ya never know with 2/10, it seems hes always just a FRACTION off..............:rolleyes:
Hey Pat! If your gonna be at mountain sunday, I'll bring ya(4) some 15" Mopar-Nocar rims.........Ya want them?................:drool:
By the way 2-scents, wheres my bridgeport tire you got overheated and dirty..................:angel:
Don't worry G man! A flame proof wig and a SFI push-up flame suit and your gonna kick some bootie in the ladies race.................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

KyleMac45
05-16-2008, 08:45 PM
WOW!! Congrats Joe, Erin, and the WHOLE entire NEETS organization!! This is great to hear about!!

UNCLE PETEY I miss seeing you and Vern!!!

I wish you and the ENTIRE NEETS family good luck at there NEW HOME!!

Joe I hope we see each other sometime this year idk y though!!

GOOD LUCK

Kyle McGowan
ATQMRA Flagger
TCH Mascot
Carey and Coffey Fan Club President

Geno
05-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks Pat, I'll keep the offer in mind for another tim. Ya never know!:cheers:

RP- Are you suggesting that I would wear a wig just to race again :confused: The thought has passed my mind in the past :lol:

Tracy87BB
05-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Joe, I don't know what 2/10s knows about trannies...but you could always ask your flag man how many times we had the tranny in and out of his Super Pro Truck IN ONE WEEK last year!:p