PDA

View Full Version : Restarts

cm9
05-13-2008, 01:28 AM
How many fans and drivers would like to see double file restarts back? Vote above.

Chuck Schartzer
05-13-2008, 12:17 PM
It won't matter:disgusted:help:

White Lightnin
05-13-2008, 04:21 PM
What ever do you mean, Chuckie ol' boy? :lol::lol::lol:

461_SS
05-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Double file restarts back please!

nymods
05-13-2008, 11:32 PM
here is what bowman gray does for restarts:

driver in first picks inside or outside
driver in second picks inside or outside
driver in third picks inside or outside
etc. until the field is set

if a driver thinks the inside is the way to go, then he stays there. if you're running 5th and the first 4 go inside, you move up to second and start on the outside if you'd like. i tought that was a pretty neat idea for the flat track there.

double file for 3 restarts after 1 lap is complete. after 3 restarts(does not matter what lap) you go single file. that might be the way to go.

Chuck Schartzer
05-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey Bob you been around longer than me ----- I know you know what I mean!! LOL ;o) :cheers: Even the Whelen Mod Tour went to double file restarts for the fans.. ITS RACING!!!!! Should be double file untill the checkered!! Want to put butts back in those nice seats or not!!! The only people afraid of double file restarts are the ones afraid of getting beat -- not of wrecking ,because racers are capable of doing that on their own in single file. :)

White Lightnin
05-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Those double file restarts were sure helpfull to those 75 and 21A cars back in the day when we were running those non-existing, ficticious, rumoured to have really been, antique "Pro Stocks". The outside rub rails helped a little too. :wave:

Chuck Schartzer
05-15-2008, 08:04 AM
What rubrails????? lol :cheers: It sure would be nice to wonder who was going to win late in the race (if there were a late caution flag) rather than knowing by 1/2 way. Just my opinion.

Fisha695
05-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Delaware/Dirt style restarts would be pretty interesting on an asphalt track.

dbr19
05-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Chuck there are alot of things that should be changed to put people in the stands,:help: and increase car counts like back in the day.

White Lightnin
05-18-2008, 04:13 PM
What rubrails????? lol :cheers: It sure would be nice to wonder who was going to win late in the race (if there were a late caution flag) rather than knowing by 1/2 way. Just my opinion.

I got all of these small chunks of rub rails, for some reason painted red, that I pulled out of the car every week. Do you want to trade them for the white rub rail chunks that, I'm sure you have laying around? :lol::lol:

KyleMac45
05-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Delaware/Dirt style restarts would be pretty interesting on an asphalt track.

That my fRIENd is a very neat re-start idea... and would proably work for asphalt

Kyle

zombo
06-03-2008, 04:47 PM
double file until halfway. nice compromise for everyone. fans get double file, track gets faster show than double file all the way.

limodmaniac
07-03-2008, 09:12 PM
I've only been to Mountain once but when I saw that all restarts were single file I wanted to walk out of the place. I'm heading back to Mountain for the first time since then and can't believe that the restarts haven't gone back to double file restarts.

2xdan
07-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Well apperaently you haven't been there this year,now it is 3 double file restarts,after the third it goes to single file.