PDA

View Full Version : Rained Out

Geno
05-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Rain Forces Mountain to Postpone PA Asphalt Mod Champ Series Show

Due to rain showers Saturday evening, the second round of the PA Asphalt Modified Championship Series at Mountain Speedway came to a halt. The much-anticipated 75-lap event has been rescheduled for Saturday, May 31.

Warm-ups concluded and the first late model heat rolled onto the speedway Saturday at Mountain Speedway. Rain began to fall and the cars were pulled off of the racing surface.

Attempts were made to dry the track, but the rain kept falling, which forced management to pull the plug on the night’s events, which included the modifieds, late models, street stocks and thriller divisions. The late models will have the night off.

Pit wristbands and grandstand rain checks will be good for the PA Asphalt Modified Champ Series show on May 31.

The speedway will host the regular modifieds next Saturday, May 24, along with the street stocks, thrillers, ATQMRA midgets and the 4 cyl. FWD division. Kids big wheel races will also be on the card and held during intermission.

KyleMac45
05-17-2008, 10:07 PM
AND... for anyone who cares the ATQMRA race was also rained out...

Kyle

Modifiedthunder
05-17-2008, 10:42 PM
How many modifieds were there tonight any new ones ?

Grandstand
05-18-2008, 12:40 AM
There were 18 Modifieds and no new ones.

thriller 34
05-19-2008, 01:56 AM
the pit wristbands are good for may 31st show???...im in kind of a weird situation here then i think...i paid to get into the pit area this past weekend as a crew member but am planning (well really hoping) to have my car back together to race this coming weekend.....i know that in these situations in the past drivers who were not present on the day of a rainout were allowed to pay double admission and double for the transponders and race both feature events....but i thought since i had already paid the admission i would just have to pay double on the transponder.....but according to this thread that wristbanc wont be good untill the 31st so if this is the case then will i have to pay twice this coming saturday to run both features???? or is running both features even an option for this coming weekend for me if i get it together in time??? i would greatly appeciate any helpand information anyone can give me in this matter.

thriller 34
05-19-2008, 02:03 AM
something i didnt think of before.....are they even running double features for the thriller cars???

Zcar
05-19-2008, 08:47 AM
no double features, nothing was run. the wristbands a re good for the 31st because we paid more and the mod 75 lap race is being made up on the 31st.

thriller 34
05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
when i got to the track somene had told me that they had already run the thriller and street stock heats and that was the assumption i was under....thanks for setting me straight

Grandstand
05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
There were no heats run. The only thing that ran were warm ups. Late Model heats were getting ready to run when the races were cancelled. Also, Thrillers and Streets Stocks were running features only. There were 6 Thrillers and 8 Street Stocks in attendance.